Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Sketching and Drawing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Sketching and Drawing Sketchers and drawers in the house?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 10:59 AM   #76
bonzelite
AF Enthusiast

car stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokes99
thanks knigntvision & bonzelite, i wish i could see my work the way some others do, right now i see the things i need to improve on, but i guess all aspiring designers (and probably working ones too) think that way...
yep. self-criticism never ends at any stage. perhaps with age, comes skill and confidence. but there is always room for improvement. i think there comes a point, too, granted that, that the artist sort of 'lightens up.' in my case, i often just "let it go." a deadline looms. i have a lot to do. and i just do the best i can with the conditions. and if later i look at my work and hate it, then i just pick up my damaged pride and move on to the next job. and do the best i can with the conditions again.

after a while, a general improvement emerges in the work over time, as it is literally forced upon the artist whether they like it or not. a career is like a long boot-camp. it whips you into shape. and sometimes it just "whips" you!

a fledgling designer must make that choice to get off the sidelines, take a risk, several, and jump into the game. i can sit here from my distance, look at your work, and say "gee, this guy is "ready" to make that change." but if you, personally, feel you are shit or "not ready," then no amount of praise from others is going to save you. it is something you must decide to do, else you will forever be "wishing" and yearning for that dream, never quite making it happen.

i'd say more, as i can be very long-winded about this type of stuff, but i must work now. a deadline is whipping me.
bonzelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:49 PM   #77
knightvision
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to knightvision
I think self critic is something that constitutes a good artist. And a professional person in general. If you do sth and then say: "Ok it's allright now, I'm the best all over the world and so is my finished work" you will not succeed. You need the willing to become better and better, becoming more and more skilled.

Fortunately, I feel the same like you. I was never 100% satisfied with a drawing of mine up to now. Only for a moment, maybe. But then there's a voice that tells me I must do better, 'cause I can do better.

I once heard a sentence I really liked: "You can't reach perfection but you should always try to." I think it's a good sentence. It's very popular here in Swabia, maybe thatswhy we're so successful.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:35 PM   #78
bonzelite
AF Enthusiast

Re: random car stuff

where is Swabia?
bonzelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 08:47 AM   #79
Roboduck
AF Enthusiast

Re: random car stuff

Just to add to the list of comments and suggestions, I always keep in mind a Latin phrase in dealing with others comments of Art (in any form)... "De gustibus non disputandum est."

It means, in "Matters of taste, there is no dispute."
Art is so subjective, rarely objective. We usually are our own worst critics... use CC's constructively... try the suggestions - if they work, use them; if not, nothing lost. Robo

Last edited by Roboduck; 07-12-2005 at 11:20 AM.
Roboduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 10:35 AM   #80
knightvision
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to knightvision
Re: Re: random car stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzelite
where is Swabia?
South Western part of Germany... People here invented the car, the bike, the dowel and other stuff.

A Stihl chainsaw, a Porsche, a Mercedes, Bosch parts and such stuff come from here. Its our hightech industrial area, maybe like Silicon Valley in the US.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Sketching and Drawing