Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Crown Victoria
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 09:11 AM   #1
Holt
AF Newbie

1994 Left Rear Door Window Glass Removal

Hello All: I have previously replaced the drivers door window regulator (cable type), on my 1994 C.V., thanks to step by step instruction found on this site (Thank You!). I am now in the process of replacing the left rear but am having difficulty removing the glass to do the instllation. Do I have to remove the vent glass to make room to remove the door glass? Are the harware requirements (nuts and bolts, as opposed to rivets) the same as for the drivers door re: size and length etc.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Craig
Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 07:26 PM   #2
radioman2002
AF Regular

I just replaced the glass and window pully system on my Dads 97 Marquis. I found that if I removed the power motor, them pushed the glass all the way down, I could reach in with a pair of needle nose pliers, and bend the 2 top window supports (the ones with the nuts on them, not the rivets) in a little bit, and then pull the whole frame with glass out on the outside of the door frame. I did have to bend the inside door panel a little, but I just pushed it back when done. The whole procedure to change it out took 15 min.
radioman2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 07:28 AM   #3
Holt
AF Newbie

Re: 1994 Left Rear Door Window Glass Removal

Thanks for replying. I have removed the motor, as well as the bad cabling. I have drilled out the rivets attaching the glass to the regulator bracket. The glass now slides freely up and down. My dilema is that it seems as if there is not enough room to remove the glass out of the door, especially with the triangular, framed vent glass still in the door - keep in mind that this is the left rear door glass. Do I have to remove the vent glass frame which butts up against the actual door glass, to provide enough room to remove the glass?

Thank You
Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 07:50 PM   #4
radioman2002
AF Regular

Well what I did was remove all the trim pieces that surround the window frame, I did not have to remove the vent window. Like I said you have to bend the window pully support bar where the 2 nuts attach untill you can slip the whole mess pass the door assembly. You may have to bend the actual door panel. I bent it on the inside, so it wouldn't be noticed, then after getting the new assenbly in. bend the metal back while lining up the bolts through the holes and then bend the inner door panel back.
radioman2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Crown Victoria