Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 04:14 PM   #1
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to v10_viper
1400 Watt 6 X 9 speakers

For you people interested in speakers, there are some 6 X 9's that produce 700 watts a piece, and others that produce 850 a piece. They are made by Cuspid and are very cheap off of ebay. If you want I can give you the link but you should be able to find them.
v10_viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 05:34 PM   #2
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
You mean can handle 700 watts? I've never heard of a speaker generating wattage.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 12-04-2002, 06:24 PM   #3
Paperfish
AF Regular

I say that company is junk..

I base this on the fact that thier 1600watt amp is $99 msrp, and is about a foot long, with 12ga power input (possibly smaller can't tell from pic) and a 15 amp fuse. Maybe it's super efficient. I dunno. But there is only one store in the US that that carries that brand of speakers. Caraudiosupply.com and gee, they are the only one on ebay selling them too. Of course they offer absolutly NO info other then peak watts.

My 3 cents
Paperfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 06:27 PM   #4
Paperfish
AF Regular

Heh...

that 1600watt amp they sell is 2x80RMS
Paperfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 07:51 AM   #5
SPLThunder
AF Newbie

Holy crap a :monkeypis 1600watt amp for 99$
Id better get one before all the smart people figure out this great deal
SPLThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 09:07 AM   #6
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD
you most often get what you pay for
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 08:51 PM   #7
buffettgirl55
AF Newbie

Question thanks

Good to know info about the cuspid 6x9's. I was doing some research about and ebay auction I saw and I thought they seemed too good to be true. Sorry you had to learn the hard way viper!

I am new to the car stereo thing, but have some ideas and I was looking for a little feedback from someone other than the guy at BestBuy. I have a '97 honda accord, stock system that I want to bring to the next level. I'm not into bumpin' down the street, but I want something that sounds clean with no distortion at high volume with a kicky bass. it was suggested that i get a 10' sub with some good 6x9's, run a 4 way amp (2 lines to the rears and 2 lines to the sub). does anyone think this is too much for what I want? will a strong set of 6x9's do the job? I appreciate any suggestions you have! thanks
Old 07-14-2003, 05:45 PM   #8
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD
stereo lesson 1 ....... do not put midrange/tweeter speakers in the back until you have the front speakers sounding good and you just deel you need some rear fill
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 05:56 PM   #9
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to v10_viper
oh geezz this is old...um...i'm not sure, on the box that they came in it said nominal power was 350 watts, i mean they seem like they can handle it and everything, but I ended up hooking one up to our 300 watt recevier downstairs and just pounded on it continuously and it blew after about 5 minuts, voice coil was prety damn hot. the other one was ok though, so i put it in my truck in a box and used it for awhile but it was jus stupid to do that so i gave it away.

Best thing to to do i think is upgrade all factory speakers, that will definately make your car sound better and a little louder, i like Infinity Kappa's 100 watt rms 6 by 8's for sound quality I think, but if your going to wire up a sub, get a mono amp for that and get a seperate amp for the other speakers, if you get a good head unit, the new ones have some sort of preamp output where if u have to subs, you can run one revers and one forward or somthing like that. but I'd never wire up two lines, right and left sides, to one sub, cuz in some songs, the sound starts out of one side and that, and all it will do is try taking two seperate sound waves or w/e and try to produce that to make a really shitty sound, i've experienced this myself. but if your not looking to spend much, go to wal mart, i'm serious they do have pretty good 6 by 9's and door speakers, but for subs go soemwhere else. personally i like Alpines' type R's but they are kind of expensive

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"

There is NO replacement, for displacement...

2007 Kawasaki ZX10-R S.E.
v10_viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 11:03 PM   #10
Pdidd
AF Newbie

Re: 1400 Watt 6 X 9 speakers

Just wanted to let you know I put in two of their 600 watts and with my subs, sounds great.
Pdidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 08:52 AM   #11
Haibane
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Haibane

All hell breaks free if I ignore the forums for a few seconds...
My suggestion is pick up 2 pairs of CDT coax or comps, power them with a 2 channel amp, possibly profile to keep low cost. You can get that stuff from www.thezeb.com .
now for the little kick that sounds clean. I would pick up a e10k from http://www.edesignaudio.com/ep2/10kx.htm (make sure it is a dual 4ohm voice coil)
put it in a sealed box. pick up a CA600M from www.thezeb.com
also a profile amp.
and you should be set
Haibane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 08:53 AM   #12
Haibane
AF Fanatic

Remeber do it right the first time, it sucks having to go back and fix wrong audio. Good deals are not always the best. Profile California is the only good deal I have seen that works besides the CDT coax series.
Old 12-28-2003, 01:32 PM   #13
loismustdie
AF Enthusiast

sorry habaine, next time we should only ask you because you are obviously the ultimate source when it comes to car audio.

anyways if you amp one set of components in the front it should be enough, and you probly won't even fell the need for rear speakers.

and i hope the wal-mart speakers someone was talkin' about are pioneer's those are the only good speakers that i have seen at wal-mart. roadgear and lightning audio are shit, but i guess better than stock.
Old 12-28-2003, 05:43 PM   #14
Haibane
AF Fanatic

Well know one in here is ever around. Haven't seen you on in a while. And I didn't want these other people to start giving bad info. Headache. Sorry rough day.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:08 AM   #15
pewter73
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to pewter73
cuspid speakers

cuspid is stupid end of story. they check their wattage by p.m.p.o 1500 sub watt would only be about 30 watts max in real wattage. so check ebayfor yourself type in the search. (1500w home theater)
pewter73 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio