Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > LS | MKZ
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 05:45 AM   #1
ssplumb19
AF Newbie

01 3.9 LS Warm Start Problem HELP!!!

I have 2001 LS 3.9 when the car is warm it is very hard to start. When I first start it in the morning it is fine. If I run into a store or somethig quick 10-20 minutes its fine. I have put about $10,000 into this car since I bought it two years ago. Can anyone help!!!!!!!!!!!! I just had the intake manifold replaced and #3 coil about $1200 with labor know this

Scott
ssplumb19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:23 AM   #2
manny18
AF Newbie

Re: 01 3.9 LS Warm Start Problem HELP!!!

When you say it doesn't start, does it try to turn over or nothing but clicks? I have a problem with my 2001 V8 where it tries to start but then the starter stops and sets the alarm off.
manny18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:19 AM   #3
shorod
SHO No Mo

Ssplub19, do you know when the last time the fuel filter was changed? How about the battery?

Depending on your skills, I'd suggest you check the fuel pressure at the fuel rail during one of the hard start events and see if it is within specification and similar to the fuel pressure when cold. You symptoms sound similar to what you could experience if your fuel pump is weak. If the fuel filter has been on awhile, you may want to replace the fuel filter since it is a routine maintenance item anyway. Also, it won't hurt for you to add a bottle of fuel injector cleaner to the fuel tank.

Manny18, weak batteries in the Lincoln LS have been known to cause some pretty odd electrical issues. If your battery is more than 3 years old, you may want to consider replacing it. For some reason, even batteries that test fine on a load tester can still cause issues.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:34 AM   #4
manny18
AF Newbie

SHoRod, thanks, I have noticed that the starter sounds like it's turning over slower lately. That's probably the answer, thanks again as this forum make the LS issues a lot more bearable.
manny18 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > LS | MKZ