Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Whats the Best American Car
Corvette ZO6 27 50.94%
Viper 19 35.85%
Mustang Cobra R 7 13.21%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 01:11 PM   #76
FYRHWK1
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FYRHWK1
I knew it would be something to that tune. Well, guess what, legally they race in LeMans so they've met production requirements, besides that, nobody cares what conglomeration there is, BMW uses GM automatic transmissions in some of their cars but it's still a BMW, why? the chassis design. As for the rest, using engines and transmissions doesn't mean anything, it's how the car performs that matters, and it outperforms the Viper and Vette equally. Forgot to mention as well, they are not limited production, meaning you can go and buy one whenever you like unlike most european exotics, whether they meet production build numbers or not doesn't matter in this case, it's 100% street legal and drivable.

being I don't trust your ability to keep to a civil argument, you may not ask.
FYRHWK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 01:33 PM   #77
Radracer
AF Newbie

Lemans Production requirements? Are you for real? Are you saying the c5r vette is a production vehicle because it races in Lemans?

Give me a break! LOL! You are very funny and entertaining person!

The c5r shares NO drivetrain components with a production corvette, NONE! The brakes, transmission, ENGINE, suspension, pretty much EVERYTHING are designed and manufactured for a race car.

I think this discussion has come to a close. You are really stretching it now!

You are related to Baghdad Bob are you?

Bob? That you?
Kawasaki Vulcan Classic
Radracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 02:25 PM   #78
DkShadow
AF Enthusiast

Just felt like chiming in... Radracer, the 03 Cobras are not as expensive as you make them seem to be. You can get one as low as 31000 out the door. And you do not need nitrous to beat a Viper with it also... Just pulleys, chips, and exhaust which is around $1500-$2000 and you have an 11 sec and/or lower Cobra
DkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 02:39 PM   #79
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
Quote:
Originally posted by DkShadow
Just felt like chiming in... Radracer, the 03 Cobras are not as expensive as you make them seem to be. You can get one as low as 31000 out the door. And you do not need nitrous to beat a Viper with it also... Just pulleys, chips, and exhaust which is around $1500-$2000 and you have an 11 sec and/or lower Cobra

again a quik reminder.....if you want to drag race you don't buy a viper....they suck at that...vipers are track cars.....

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 08:24 PM   #80
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to v10_viper
deja vou...all over again...and again...and...again.

Now I'm just gonna pick out some things I seen in a few posts so this may seem kind of disorganized.

FYRHWK1 you brought up the C5-R, bad thing to do, Why?? because it uses a 427 620 hp engine, that I see no where at all in production. The GTS-R got screwed, it had to use less power and have more weight and others, just because it was dominating, With it's 700 hp it was unstoppable in it's class. But no, when the C5-R started dominating, they didn't put restrictions on it, nor anybody else that continuously won. The Vipers got screwed, as well as BMW's M3 GTR's, but I can live with the BMW's.

Those Vipers get better mileage than you think stangvette1, in 6th gear, with a 3.07 rear end and those tall tires, it's gear really fuckin low, gets 20 mpg, if you dont believe me, ask an owner. The Viper is in no way a rip off. And your bitching because it's not massed produced?? Someone needs to know a little bit more about the Viper when making statements about it, this is HAND BUILT!!! Dumbasses it takes a lot longer to hand build a car then it does to sit behind a screen and let computers do the work. And when you say 30 thousand Corvettes, do you mean Z06 or just C5, because if it's both, then that's a dumb statement, how many Z06's are made per year, because the C5's can't compete with either 3 of these cars.

Now how much lighter was the GTS than the RT/10 when it came out, around 200 lbs almost right?? Expect the new coupe to be about 200 lbs lighter too morons, that's right, around 3000 lbs with 500 hp.

Good point Neutrino, if the Viper is a rip off, are all Ferrrari's and Porsche's?? I can't think of any car that can beat a Viper stock for under 100 grand.

FYRHWK, the Vettes have been around 50 years, the Vipers about 12, yet the Vipers seem to be much better in performance, yet have been around only 24% as long, explain that, it was stupid to even bring that up. Oh, and on a big enough track, I guarantee the Viper SRT-10 will beat the Mosler, it's a joke, it tops out at around 150!!

Nothin else I see right now, good job Rad, keep up the good work!!

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"

There is NO replacement, for displacement...

2007 Kawasaki ZX10-R S.E.
v10_viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 09:59 PM   #81
FYRHWK1
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FYRHWK1
Quote:
Originally posted by Radracer
Lemans Production requirements? Are you for real? Are you saying the c5r vette is a production vehicle because it races in Lemans?

Give me a break! LOL! You are very funny and entertaining person!

The c5r shares NO drivetrain components with a production corvette, NONE! The brakes, transmission, ENGINE, suspension, pretty much EVERYTHING are designed and manufactured for a race car.

I think this discussion has come to a close. You are really stretching it now!

You are related to Baghdad Bob are you?

Bob? That you?
Who said ANYTHING about the C5-R and production requirements? You calimed the Saleen S7, Mosler MT900 and Callaway's car were not production, and as usual in this discussion you were wrong, I'm simply here to point out when you're twisting facts to try and support your cause unduly. You assumed I was speaking of the corvette when I mentioned that, yet you yourself are the one who claimed the other cars I mentioned were not production cars, try to stay on your own topics buddy, it makes you seem more intelligent.

Quote:
FYRHWK1 you brought up the C5-R, bad thing to do, Why?? because it uses a 427 620 hp engine, that I see no where at all in production. The GTS-R got screwed, it had to use less power and have more weight and others, just because it was dominating, With it's 700 hp it was unstoppable in it's class. But no, when the C5-R started dominating, they didn't put restrictions on it, nor anybody else that continuously won. The Vipers got screwed, as well as BMW's M3 GTR's, but I can live with the BMW's.
This is so wrong I'm not even going to argue it, all I need to say is this, the C5-R was restricted HEAVILY in terms of power, breathing through restrictors smaller then a 50 cent piece and it STILL won, you're simply mad that it's the better racecar and dethroned your precious GTS-R, get over it, both cars are limited however much the FIA requires for each car, BMW broke the rules and were restricted for it, the C5-R did no such thing and it still won.

Quote:
Good point Neutrino, if the Viper is a rip off, are all Ferrrari's and Porsche's?? I can't think of any car that can beat a Viper stock for under 100 grand.
Thats the beauty of this world, stock doesn't mean jack and there's no race regulations screwing with street cars competing with one another, but if you REALLY care so much about stock, the viper is a great deal in the end, that is until the next Z06 comes out.

Quote:
FYRHWK, the Vettes have been around 50 years, the Vipers about 12, yet the Vipers seem to be much better in performance, yet have been around only 24% as long, explain that, it was stupid to even bring that up. Oh, and on a big enough track, I guarantee the Viper SRT-10 will beat the Mosler, it's a joke, it tops out at around 150!!
topspeed you think a topspeed above 150 will actually matter on a roadcourse, get your head out of toilet bowl racing, there isn't a track in the US either of those cars wll reach 150 MPH on and if they do go above that, the MT900 will be fine because it's rated to 200 MPH+ http://www.moslerauto.com/mt900/performance.html you know, it really kills any argument you've got when you're wrong on simple things such as this.
FYRHWK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 10:18 PM   #82
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by FYRHWK1

This is so wrong I'm not even going to argue it, all I need to say is this, the C5-R was restricted HEAVILY in terms of power, breathing through restrictors smaller then a 50 cent piece and it STILL won, you're simply mad that it's the better racecar and dethroned your precious GTS-R, get over it, both cars are limited however much the FIA requires for each car, BMW broke the rules and were restricted for it, the C5-R did no such thing and it still won.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats the beauty of this world, stock doesn't mean jack and there's no race regulations screwing with street cars competing with one another, but if you REALLY care so much about stock, the viper is a great deal in the end, that is until the next Z06 comes out.

quote:

topspeed you think a topspeed above 150 will actually matter on a roadcourse, get your head out of toilet bowl racing, there isn't a track in the US either of those cars wll reach 150 MPH on and if they do go above that, the MT900 will be fine because it's rated to 200 MPH+ http://www.moslerauto.com/mt900/performance.html you know, it really kills any argument you've got when you're wrong on simple things such as this.
Well yeah, BMW tried racing the M3 with a V-8 in it, but no V-8 M3's were produced, I still don't see any 427 Corvettes being produced...hmm.....seems like they should get the boot too, but no they must be favored so they're kept ok.

Yeah and when the C6 Z06 does come out, Viper will still be on top. Corvette isn't going to go from 405 hp, up to 500 hp, just like that.

If I could find the damn magazine, the Mosler, STOCK!!! only goes around 150, once I find the data, I'll post it so it shows your the one wrong, hell any car can be rated up to 200 mph, ya know what, the Vipers' can do 250 with the right amount of power.

You still can't handle the Viper beating the Corvette can you?? You keep sayin, oh when this car comes out etc. Lay off it.

Old 07-24-2003, 10:22 PM   #83
stangvette1
Banned

The viper is a dodge. Enough said!! Dodge sucks!! I am a huge fan of ford, but I don't mind chevy and will stick up for the vette. Sure the viper has more power, better brakes, better suspension, and better track times than the Z06 or cobra, but you pay for it too!! I agree totally with FYRHWK1. Price is a HUGE factor!! This how pathetic the viper is: you can buy both a cobra and a Z06 and mod them both enough to beat a viper for the same price as the viper. For 80k you get a POS dodge that will barely beat its 35k and 50k competitors!! Wait until the 2006 cobra and the C6 Z06 come out!! They will both have 500+ hp and kick the viper's butt and prove once again how the viper is an extreme rip-off!!!
stangvette1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 10:46 PM   #84
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by stangvette1
The viper is a dodge. Enough said!! Dodge sucks!! I am a huge fan of ford, but I don't mind chevy and will stick up for the vette. Sure the viper has more power, better brakes, better suspension, and better track times than the Z06 or cobra, but you pay for it too!! I agree totally with FYRHWK1. Price is a HUGE factor!! This how pathetic the viper is: you can buy both a cobra and a Z06 and mod them both enough to beat a viper for the same price as the viper. For 80k you get a POS dodge that will barely beat its 35k and 50k competitors!! Wait until the 2006 cobra and the C6 Z06 come out!! They will both have 500+ hp and kick the viper's butt and prove once again how the viper is an extreme rip-off!!!
Ignorant lieing bastard, Dodge sucks?? You went low on that one. Poly himself is a Mopar man, can't wait till he reads that. As of now, no American company can beat Dodge, With the Hemi, and their diesels, they are the best, the best in trucks, cars and suvs/vans. So you want fuckin bang for the buck?? SRT-4. Ford's 5.4 and Chevy's 5.7 can't beat Dodge's Hemi at all. Diesels, well Chevy's suck there, Ford's are good, but Dodge is still better right there. Grand Caravan is simply the best minivan out there, dont even try to argue on that. Dodge/Plymouth Neons are great cars for the money, the new ones look great, good power and mileage. Dodge is definately going in the right direction now. Those last few sentences, I cant even believe you typed that, what a moron. If price is such a factor, then fuck we better just start calling Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, and Porsche's the biggest shitpiles in the world!!!! It's pitiful I even come back to this thread, currently Viper beats Vette period, further argueing by anyone is almost pointless. But that's what AF is here for.

Old 07-24-2003, 11:50 PM   #85
DkShadow
AF Enthusiast

Its called opinion. I also believe Dogde/Mitsu is a pile, kind of like many think the Ford Mustang is a pile... so what makes me or him any different than some of you who knock our cars?

Quote:
Originally posted by v10_viper

Ignorant lieing bastard, Dodge sucks?? You went low on that one. Poly himself is a Mopar man, can't wait till he reads that. As of now, no American company can beat Dodge, With the Hemi, and their diesels, they are the best, the best in trucks, cars and suvs/vans. So you want fuckin bang for the buck?? SRT-4. Ford's 5.4 and Chevy's 5.7 can't beat Dodge's Hemi at all. Diesels, well Chevy's suck there, Ford's are good, but Dodge is still better right there. Grand Caravan is simply the best minivan out there, dont even try to argue on that. Dodge/Plymouth Neons are great cars for the money, the new ones look great, good power and mileage. Dodge is definately going in the right direction now. Those last few sentences, I cant even believe you typed that, what a moron. If price is such a factor, then fuck we better just start calling Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, and Porsche's the biggest shitpiles in the world!!!! It's pitiful I even come back to this thread, currently Viper beats Vette period, further argueing by anyone is almost pointless. But that's what AF is here for.
Quote:
again a quik reminder.....if you want to drag race you don't buy a viper....they suck at that...vipers are track cars.....
He stated that it can beat it using nitrous. So I clearly pointed that theres more things to it than nitrous, and alot safer too. Also, a little FYI... the 03 Cobras arent really that much of a drag car either. Why you may say? Well they have IRS which does nothing but hurt you in the 1/4 mi. Contrary to popular belief, the Cobra hasnt used a Solid Live Axle since 99. The only thing the 03 Cobra has is power, and lots of it to compensate for the IRS, but its sometimes too much for the IRS which is why some people swap in the Live-Axle... yadda yadda yadda. Also, to say the 00 Cobra R had crappy handling would be like saying the Sky isnt blue. The 00 Cobra R was made to perform at the track.

All in all, id pick the Z06. NO OTHER better performer for its price. Perfect handling, perfect weight distribution and CREATURE COMFORTS. 'nuff said
Old 07-25-2003, 02:02 AM   #86
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Quote:
Originally posted by DkShadow

He stated that it can beat it using nitrous. So I clearly pointed that theres more things to it than nitrous, and alot safer too. Also, a little FYI... the 03 Cobras arent really that much of a drag car either. Why you may say? Well they have IRS which does nothing but hurt you in the 1/4 mi. Contrary to popular belief, the Cobra hasnt used a Solid Live Axle since 99. The only thing the 03 Cobra has is power, and lots of it to compensate for the IRS, but its sometimes too much for the IRS which is why some people swap in the Live-Axle... yadda yadda yadda. Also, to say the 00 Cobra R had crappy handling would be like saying the Sky isnt blue. The 00 Cobra R was made to perform at the track.

Ok i'm confused were did i say that the cobra r had crappy handling???

anyway my point was to sto quoting 1/4 mile times....none of those cars are meant for the drag strip.....we all know that IRS sucks for drag racing....their purpose was for the track

so IMo the track times are what really counts......

also even though the new z06 might outperform the SRT-10 which is nothing more than pure speculation BTW there are no hard facts......lets not forget that the true viper performer will be the new coupe not the srt-10 which has always been the show off viper....

(\__/)
Old 07-25-2003, 02:26 AM   #87
DkShadow
AF Enthusiast

You didnt say the Cobra R had crappy handling... Some one else mentioned it, also someone else mentioned Live axle on the Cobras which is another misconception. No doubt the Viper is a great car, but Im going with bang for the buck and the Z is the best bang for your dollar.

Quote:
Originally posted by Neutrino

Ok i'm confused were did i say that the cobra r had crappy handling???

anyway my point was to sto quoting 1/4 mile times....none of those cars are meant for the drag strip.....we all know that IRS sucks for drag racing....their purpose was for the track

so IMo the track times are what really counts......

also even though the new z06 might outperform the SRT-10 which is nothing more than pure speculation BTW there are no hard facts......lets not forget that the true viper performer will be the new coupe not the srt-10 which has always been the show off viper....
Old 07-25-2003, 06:53 AM   #88
Neutrino
Yaya Master

true if i would be ona budget the zo6 or the cobra would be better buys.....but if i would have no issues about money then i would chose the viper.....

(\__/)
Old 07-25-2003, 07:47 AM   #89
Blue02R6
AF Enthusiast

Here's what I've got to say, you cannot compare the 92 R/T10s to vettes. They are not the same type of car, the R/T10 was a sports car when it came out, the vette has been a grand touring car for a long time now. It would kind of be like comparing an AC Cobra to an F-Body, it's a bad comparision. Now the viper is becoming more civilized, as far as what is faster it's all realitive. With skilled drivers a viper is going to be faster on the strip, but with average drivers it would be who ever hooked up better. On a tight road course, the vette will probably be faster. The viper has more power, yes, however the handling isn't there to compliment it. The corvette has the handling but not as much power. Finally, top speed is three things gearing, rev limit and top end power, OHV motors miss out on the last two because of strain on the vavletrain.
1969 Pontiac Firebird

I might get my '02 SS back....
Blue02R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 08:11 AM   #90
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Could you be more wrong......the new srt-10 outhandles the zo6......

don't belive me read the ealier posts or read the motor trend comparo that Junstin Bell did.....

why do people keep the same tune over and over......

once and for all......THE VIPER IS AN AMAZING TRACK CAR NOT A 1/4 MILE CAR.....

sorry for the caps but this is my 4th post in 2 days telling someone that the viper handles beautifully......

(\__/)