Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > Z3
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 06:07 PM   #1
DinoGTS
AF Newbie

Smile Z3 Aftermarket Pistons : Help

Hey everyone, I have a 1996 Z3 1.9 and am going to do some engine work to coax alittle more power out of it. I already have a freer flowing exhaust but I also plan on putting on a lighter flywheel, better clutch, Dinan stage III chip, throttlebody and CAI as well as a hardtog halfcage. I'm also thinking about boring out the cylinders a few MMs. Does anyone know where I can get aftermarket pistons as this will help me determine how much of a bore i can get. Thanks for any help you can provide, I really appreciate it! -DinoGTS

PS: any info about underdrive pulleys is also really appreciated.
DinoGTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 10:35 AM   #2
DinoGTS
AF Newbie

Well, I think I've answered my own question but I'll post here anyways in case anyone else comes along with the same question. The only real solution as far as I can see is to get a set of pistons custom made and then bore out the cylinders accordingly. I think I may get a set of JE forged pistons from Top-End Performance. Now I only have to decide how big the bore will be.
DinoGTS is offline   Reply With Quote