Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Exterior | bodykits | Lighting When your ready to showoff that 'H' ride, here's your forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 09:44 PM   #1
95dxcivic
AF Enthusiast

side molding shave

I want to shave off the side molding, i know in my sig it looks like its already done but most of that pic is photoshop except for the rims, my tails and headlights arent black, its not that low, theres some scratches on both front and back bumpers and the windows arent tinted. Anyways, i wanted to try and do it myself along with a friend, or my uncle who knows body work, I was thinking if i can just take the molding off, fill in the strip with fiberglass almost to where its level with the body surface, then just even it out with bondo, it would be less risky that cutting and welding another piece maybe cheaper too, i just wanna know if theres anything wrong with the idea, also, i want to shave the antenna in the same way, put in fiberglass from the back and even it out with bondo on the top

lowered on photoshop(its not that low, its not lowered at all!)

Empty Pockets Racing Member #4
95dxcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:00 PM   #2
that_guy5
AF Newbie

dam that looks very good i like it. i like the rims to im tryin to get somethin like that to
that_guy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:20 PM   #3
CivicSpoon
There is no Spoon

Re: side molding shave

With your plan, along with the changes in weather (and humidity); it's going to crack. The only good and long term way to do it is to weld a flat piece of metal in there. And I'd assume it'd be a pretty difficult task to get the doors, back panel, and fenders to all look even with each other. Not something you could do yourself, unless you know how to do body work well.
CivicSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting