Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 05:04 PM   #91
Muscletang
AF Premium User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHighOutput
It tells me that you've probably never been in a Miata, Corvette, Integra GS-R, 3rd gen F-body, RSX, Civic Si, SVT Focus, Cobalt SS, etc.
I've actually been in over half those cars. So I know what I'm talking about.

Civic Si Skidpad 0.81
GS-R Skidpad 0.80
3rd Gen F-body Skidpad 0.80

5.0 Mustang Skidpad 0.83

Now I'm not an experct but I think that's just a little bit better don't you think?

I'll give you the Cobalt SS and the RSX as their skidpads were better. As for the Corvette and Miata, come on! If you're going to compare do it right. Those two are sports cars and need to be thrown out.

As for the SVT, a racing suspension, that says it all.

Motortrend STORY

There's a Motortrend article too calling the 5.0 the best bang for the buck compared to Corvettes, Supras, 300Zs, Eclipses, Camaros, Firebirds, ect.

silly rabbit, tricks are for kids...

I mean, WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST GIVE HIM SOME CEREAL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Ulrich
What?! Record sales are slumping? Must be from all those pirates. Can't be because we started sucking 10 years ago.
Muscletang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 05:57 PM   #92
TRD2000
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: mustang 5.0 luv em or hate em?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Sanchez
Don't see why that's hard to believe, if it was a Supra would you believe it?
a 7 second 1/4 mile car is a very serious vehicle and really isn't worth comparing here. and no i'd say a 7 second tt supra was crap too.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:25 PM   #93
SuperHighOutput
AF Enthusiast

Re: mustang 5.0 luv em or hate em?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscletang
I've actually been in over half those cars. So I know what I'm talking about.

Civic Si Skidpad 0.81
GS-R Skidpad 0.80
3rd Gen F-body Skidpad 0.80

5.0 Mustang Skidpad 0.83
We both know skidpads are not an accurate measure of a cars true handling abilities, we don't know if they were tested on a 150ft, 200ft, or 300ft slolam, however if you would like to compare skidpad numbers here's an article on the same site you posted a link to.Camaro vs. Mustang skidpad
Old 09-15-2005, 05:19 PM   #94
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Re: Re: mustang 5.0 luv em or hate em?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHighOutput
We both know skidpads are not an accurate measure of a cars true handling abilities, we don't know if they were tested on a 150ft, 200ft, or 300ft slolam, however if you would like to compare skidpad numbers here's an article on the same site you posted a link to.Camaro vs. Mustang skidpad
I agree, you can't just use slalom and skidpad numbers to say that a car handles well. Skidpad is just a representation of the cars ability to hold the road, or grip, which can be greatly increased simply by changing the tires. Hell, stock my GTC kicks all those cars asses at .89 Gs on the skidpad. The slalom is another story, shorter cars can get higher speeds.
Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 09:01 PM   #95
blakscorpion21
AF Enthusiast

i thought the alltrac scored kinda low in handling and wasnt it the only awd car in there. it should handle better than that. that was a good read though. corvette really shouldnt have been in that comparo.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:00 AM   #96
Elk
AF Regular

Elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 06:20 PM   #97
flip888
AF Regular

IMO the only way someone could not like the mustang performance-wize is if theyre raceist, rich, or dumb. or just never learned about them or dont like drag/drift only cars. But these cars can be seriously fast for super cheap.I read an article a few months ago where a guy made jis 5.0 run 9's reliably for only $5k. and i personaly have one that will go high 12's with not much $ invested and with as few thousand (s-trim ) it could be faster than almost anything on the road.

and a lot of them do look pretty shitty but ive seen a few that look pretty good too.
flip888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:49 PM   #98
232FIed
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 232FIed

just to add my 2 cents about the 5.0 thing. i drive a mustang. its a "sh**y" 99 3.8l v6. i used to hate it , every week i came up with another reason to sell it and use the money to buy something better

...until i turboed it for about 1200$. i installed 3.73s, a moddified slp dual exhaust and saleen kit on it. some 17s and its pretty nice. for an idea of what kind of hp were talking about, it walks my friends rx7 tt.

i feel like the people who say 5.0s are weak and overrated are almost right until they really get into how much potential they have. i always thought the pushrod motors were garbage but i bought one. i think the fox body is ugly but i think the generation before mine are uglier. yet i still bought one.

if i had a say in what powered the GT. i would have developed a DOHC 5.0l.
232FIed is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General