Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 12:39 PM   #1
HeWhoKillz
AF Regular

sedona axle

I am changing an axle on a 2005 kia sedona. It seems the axle is pressed in on the hub and Ill have to take the entire wheel assembly off. Photobucket is down and I didn't want to have to wait to post. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

I have 6 pictures. The first one is the lower ball joint. I can't seem to get this off. No amount of hammering seems to work. Should I take the entire control arm off? Or just the wheel assembly? I also have two pictures with a wrench on...something that connects to the control arm by some metal piece which curves up and is where my wrench is. What is the curved piece called and how do you get it off? The nuts simply spin and spin.
HeWhoKillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 09:40 PM   #2
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: sedona axle

Facebook won't let me view the photos. The error reads like maybe you have he permissions set to just your friends?

I highly doubt that the axle is pressed in the hub, but I wouldn't be surprise if it is corroded in place. Have you tried penetrating oil on the splines once the axle nut was removed? I've been very impressed with SeaFoam Deep Creep. You will likely need to use a large hammer or good air hammer on the end of the axle shaft. I usually put the axle nut back on, but backwards, to prevent marring up the end of the axle.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:07 PM   #3
HeWhoKillz
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorod View Post
Facebook won't let me view the photos. The error reads like maybe you have he permissions set to just your friends?

I highly doubt that the axle is pressed in the hub, but I wouldn't be surprise if it is corroded in place. Have you tried penetrating oil on the splines once the axle nut was removed? I've been very impressed with SeaFoam Deep Creep. You will likely need to use a large hammer or good air hammer on the end of the axle shaft. I usually put the axle nut back on, but backwards, to prevent marring up the end of the axle.

-Rod
I changed the setting. I have tried pb blaster.
HeWhoKillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 06:53 AM   #4
shorod
SHO No Mo

I still get the error:

Sorry, this content isn't available right now

The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical