Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Cedric | M45 | J30 | Gloria
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 06:25 PM   #1
InfinityLife
AF Newbie

Unhappy Costly Catalytic Converter

So I guess the passenger side catalytic converter is a big expense: Over $1100: $850 part, $250 labor, $30 misc bolts and clamps. Mechanic says the aftermarket parts are dicey... even those that claim "original OEM parts"... key to get direct mftg for such a critical performance part. Anyone have experience and know how to save $$$ on part and install. CatalyticConverterSite.com has the passenger side converter (Part no. INF4510)... for $285.00. Any suggestions on reputable online parts would be great. Thanks.
InfinityLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 11:47 PM   #2
i3a0g
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to i3a0g
Re: Costly Catalytic Converter

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityLife
So I guess the passenger side catalytic converter is a big expense: Over $1100: $850 part, $250 labor, $30 misc bolts and clamps. Mechanic says the aftermarket parts are dicey... even those that claim "original OEM parts"... key to get direct mftg for such a critical performance part. Anyone have experience and know how to save $$$ on part and install. CatalyticConverterSite.com has the passenger side converter (Part no. INF4510)... for $285.00. Any suggestions on reputable online parts would be great. Thanks.
My passenger side cat on my 93 j30 blew out about 2 months ago at 140k miles, mechanic quoted me $600, 500 for part 100 for labor.......i did some research online and jus ordered a cat from a website. Fits perfectly, only downside is that i had to goto my local infinity dealer and get gaskets and screws. but the cat was only roughly 250. Its not a hard job, if you know a little something about putting things together, i suggest you do it yourself
i3a0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 02:01 AM   #3
Nahkapohjola
AF Enthusiast

Re: Costly Catalytic Converter

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityLife

Do not listen that mech anic any more. Either he/she is dumb or wants to keep u that way: Car manufacturers do not manufacture 'anything'. They buy parts wherever they can get the cheapest... stealer$hip wants to keep you as mushroom by repeating 'original parts' fairytale.

Try that CatalyticConverterSite.com i3 -suggested; I think u might still get some with half price. Even '60k' used from junkyard will work for 'five' yrs...

Or buy any aftermarket catalyzator which has equal flow: go to welder and he'll find a way to attach that in.

No ! way 1100 plus $...

Maxima INFO pages was deliberately trashed (!?) by Cardomain; dont goto http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507

There was a special Car Electronics -page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507/14
Nahkapohjola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 12:53 PM   #4
infinman
AF Enthusiast

Or listen to the ramblings of a person from Europe.Beware of aftermarket convertors{Walker and the likes}They do work, but they don't last more than two years.{from an emissions point of view}You must evaluate your relationship with your vehicle.If you want to have a long relationship, you need to get an OEM convertor.If you want to sell,you can go with the cheap aftermarket parts.
infinman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Cedric | M45 | J30 | Gloria