Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tacoma
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 01:24 PM   #1
tcfritz1
AF Newbie

2000 Tacoma PreRunner

Hey all. I recently came across this site so pardon me if these questions have already been answered. I have a 2000 PreRunner (3.4L V6, sunfire pearl red...). I've been the only owner and have added a few things (mostly cosmetic things like spray-in bed liner, toolbox, chrome nerf bars, chrome bed rails) over the years.

I've had a few, not many, problems over the years as well. First, the tape player quit working then my cd player quit too. so I replaced it. Also, for as long as I can remember my truck rocks (or maybe sways to some people) when I'm above 75 mph. I have no idea what is going on. It can get kinda scary when I'm in traffic, but in rural MS I don't go 75 enough to warrent a fix. Until now. I have some money and would like to get it taken care of. The guy at the dealership said it is common and he suggested keeping my tires inflated to fix it. Well it doesn't.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is, and how I can fix it?

Thanks a bunch!
tcfritz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:55 PM   #2
TcmaBoy
AF - Advisor

Re: 2000 Tacoma PreRunner

The problem is that you are driving a TRUCK at over 75. It is a truck, not a sports car.

Please wheel responsibly.
http://www.treadlightly.org/
TcmaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:36 PM   #3
tcfritz1
AF Newbie

sorry, wrong answer. is it a shock problem? other people have noticed both riding with me, driving, or following me. any USEFUL advice is welcomed. thanks
tcfritz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:02 AM   #4
Flash75
AF - Advisor

Have you had the wheel alignment checked? Are the tires standard size and in good condition? Has the truck been lifted? Any or all of these items could affect handling. I suppose shocks could be the problem if they are worn out, worn shocks would be more noticable in curves and rough roads. I've never driven a PreRunner so I'm not familiar whith how it should handle, maybe Tacoma Boy is right.
Flash75 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tacoma