Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > IS200/IS300/IS350/Altezza
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-03-2001, 03:34 PM   #1
hov
AF Newbie

l-tuned lexus IS

do anyone know where i can buy a l-tuned IS?? online?? please post some more L-Tuned pics.
hov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2001, 08:15 PM   #2
s0yb0mb
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to s0yb0mb
Don't get the L-tuned IS, the cost is too great considering the minor improvements... you'd do better taking the ~$7k premium and putting towards some amazing upgrades...
s0yb0mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2001, 06:41 PM   #3
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

it depends, because you get warrenty on the L-Tuned parts... if you go aftermarket, bye bye warrenty

You want a pic, you get a pic of an IS300 L-Tuned:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg is300 l.jpg (54.4 KB, 1064 views)
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 10:07 AM   #4
s0yb0mb
AF Regular

Not true, the dealership has the burden of proving your mods caused the waranty issue. Now let's look at what the L-tuned products offer:
-suspension mods: highly unlikely that any mods you do will fail and require waranty work...
-exhaust: same as above, to even a lesser degree.

Now if you take a step beyond that, and do basic bolt ons like intake and headers you can get a full 20+ hp and if you need to take your car in, spend an hours removing the parts and return it to stock.
In my case, I've got a piggy back ECU wired in, so It will be harder to hide should I need work, but chances are if there is a problem it won't be anything I can't argue out of.
:bandit:
Old 11-06-2001, 05:38 PM   #5
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

the L-Tuned parts are still covered by Lexus warrenty and that's valuable to some people

i'd prob go aftermarket though... just cause you have more choice in what you want
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 11-10-2001, 02:42 AM   #6
GOD
Banned

Send a message via AIM to GOD
In my opinion its a rip off yeah it will be covered under warranty but for what you pay for you could get a heck of alot more than what they off . I wouldn't waste my money on that I-tune stuff it's just not worth it just get JDM stuff and slap a turbo on there and you'll still have money to spare compared to wasting it on buying the kit and exhuast that they offer .
GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 01:45 PM   #7
s0yb0mb
AF Regular

actually, going turbo will cost you an arm and a leg. You're looking at close to and over $10k for the basic turbo install... The supercharger solutions are cheaper, starting at ~$5000.
Old 11-12-2001, 05:46 PM   #8
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

$10K for a turbo
what currency is that... it can't be U.S. dollars
Old 11-13-2001, 09:45 AM   #9
s0yb0mb
AF Regular

Yeah, $10k US

The Toyomoto Stage 1.5 is about $10k installed. The problem is the stock ecu has to be replaced I believe... the car doesn't accept a botl on well. I know Powerhouse racing is doing one, but I don't think it will be much cheaper.
Old 11-13-2001, 04:06 PM   #10
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

i just looked it up, it's not just a turbo it comes with so much more... the toyomoto turbo, i think it's worth it. It doubles your HP and it comes with the turbo, intercooler, all piping, head gasket, MSD, shift kit, boost controller, and even more it's 10.5k, and that's installed. so i don't think it's that bad a deal
Old 11-13-2001, 04:08 PM   #11
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

whoops i forgot.... here's a picture of it installed, one of the guys i was talkin to about it sent me a picture of his:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg is.jpg (42.4 KB, 1013 views)
Old 11-13-2001, 04:23 PM   #12
GOD
Banned

Send a message via AIM to GOD
Holy shit thats about a 1/3 of the car ...damn thats alot of money....
GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 05:59 PM   #13
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

yeah but it doubles your HP!!
I think it's worth it
Old 11-13-2001, 07:52 PM   #14
s0yb0mb
AF Regular

NOPE!
Won't double... to get double it will cost more...
No kidding here. I know a guy working w/ SRT (in MD) and he's got over 400 whp w/ a supercharger setup and the cost to him was $14k I think? and that's COST.
He's doing R&D though, so the end product will be lots cheaper. Area 51 Fabrications in Irvine, CA has a SC bolt on kit for about ~$5k.
Old 11-13-2001, 08:04 PM   #15
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

I've talked to 3 people that said the Stage 2 i think it was doubled their HP... because it's not just the turbo, all the other stuff like intercooler come with that price
plus that's installed price so it's not that bad IMO