Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Sonata
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-23-2021, 03:01 PM   #1
treehair
AF Newbie

Exclamation 2003 sonata oil leak HELP!!!

I recently purchased a 2003 Hyundai Sonata 2.7l V6 with the intention of fixing it up and making it my own. So far, I’ve got what I payed for.

I have found burnt oil on a certain part of the intake manifold, and when I look back near where the spot is, many things like wires and pipes are caked.

It doesn’t leak when sitting, just while driving or idling.
I could be wrong, but I see no reason why the intake manifold would be leaking oil and burning it in that spot. The only thing I can think of that would be leaking is some kind of intake valve actuator, but I’ve yet to even find out if my car has one of those. Im a bit new if you can’t tell.

This is a plug behind the manifold that was caked in grease, which I cleaned in attempt to find where the oil was coming from. I later found out that is an air sensor plug, so I don’t see why that would be leaking.

Here are the spark plug wires on the side of the engine where the leak is. To me, they look dusty but not greasy.

If you have any questions or help, please let me know. I just wanna know where this damn leak is coming from.
treehair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 08:00 AM   #2
kcor
AF Newbie

Re: 2003 sonata oil leak HELP!!!

A photo would help.
kcor is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Sonata