Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 07:54 AM   #1
raymarquise
AF Newbie

'95 Keyless entry

A few seconds after I leave the van, the power locks activate by themselves (without me touching the power lock switch or the fob), locking the vehicle. Is there anyway to disable this AND still be able to use the fob to lock and unlock????
raymarquise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 12:23 PM   #2
TransSportSTL
AF Newbie

Re: '95 Keyless entry

Hi Ray,

Methinks this is a feature! My '93 used to go "ding ding ding" when you hit the button to lock, yet a door was open. About 5 seconds after the door was closed, the system would activate the locks, securing the van.

I have a 2000 Buick Regal with a similar setup, but the locking protocol is selectable (do nothing, lock when shifting out of park, etc). I have a '95 Trans Sport alas, but alas, no owners manual as I purchased it (ab)used. I've ordered a manual off of eBay, should be here any day now.

Hopefully, someone will reply to your message before that -- if not, I've made a note to look it up for you and see what I can find.

John/TransSportSTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymarquise
A few seconds after I leave the van, the power locks activate by themselves (without me touching the power lock switch or the fob), locking the vehicle. Is there anyway to disable this AND still be able to use the fob to lock and unlock????
TransSportSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 12:59 PM   #3
TransSportSTL
AF Newbie

Re: Re: '95 Keyless entry

Hey there Ray...here's some info on the automatic door locks which might help you out. I think #4 is what you are looking for....

PP2-6 Owners Manual: Customizing Automatic Locks

With the doors closed, and the ignition on, press and hold the drivers power lock switch in the lock position for 10 seconds. The doors will lock, then unlock, indicating you have 10 seconds to program one of four custom modes.

1. Unlock drivers door only: To program so that only the drivers door unlocks when you shift in park, press the Unlock Symbol on your remote transmitter 9fob) once. The drivers door will unlock, indicating this mode has been programmed.

2. Unlock all doors: Press the Unlock Symbol on your remote transmitter (fob) once -- the drivers door will unlock. Press the Unlock Symbol again, all doors unlock, indicating this mode has been programmed.

3. All doors remain locked: Press the Lock Symbol on your transmitter (fob) once. All doors lock, indicating this mode has been programmed.

4. Disengage the Automatic Door Lock System: Press the Lock Symbol on your fob once -- all doors lock. Press the Lock Symbol again, all doors will re-lock, indicating this mode has been programmed.

When I had my '93, I picked up the habit of hitting the Lock switch twice on exit -- I was triggering the delay by opening the door before my key was out of the ignition.

Let me know if this helps, or if you need more info. I see you're putting some effort into your van -- I'm rootin' for you, once you get the vehicle to where it needs to be, I think you'll enjoy it a lot.

All the best,

John/TransSportSTL
TransSportSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 04:41 AM   #4
raymarquise
AF Newbie

Thanks for your help...
With ignition 'on', when I press and hold the driver side switch to 'lock', it does lock but does NOT unlock - how else can I enter the programming mode?? Is there a switch on the BCM???
raymarquise is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport