Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-29-2001, 03:36 AM   #31
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

The Maxima only makes 160hp at the wheels? Sure a lot of power lost en route to the ground

Quote:
Originally posted by JBL85
THe look on Honda Drivers faces when they see they got beat by the same car their grandma has.....PRICELESS...
Hah, that's some funny smack. I thought it was pretty hilarious toasting GS-Rs with a Camry V-6 (I guess the 2 TTE stickers on the sides added 50 hp each :silly2: ). Why does it seem like the majority of the Honda drivers out there are simply uneducated disillusioned fools who know only about loud exhausts and body kits? It makes it even harder for the genuinely serious Honda owners.
Morpheus XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 09:07 AM   #32
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to JBL85
Why does everyone simply look at power

Skyline 276HP, 0-60 is under 5.0 seconds stock, I dont think #'s mean much, its all about the engineering in the car.
Old 11-29-2001, 09:30 AM   #33
AEstud
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to AEstud Send a message via AIM to AEstud
prelude
AEstud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 12:01 PM   #34
mtrai760
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mtrai760
I'm just tired of all the hoopla about how the Max is just so great. Do I think it is? Yes. I plan on buying another one when I get a new car, somewhere years down the line, hopefully Nissan doesn't blow them up into giant heavyweight cars.... But when you go up argueing against other enthusiest swearing the Max is the best thing to come since Mclaren, you just make us look bad. I like the fact that no one knows the performance potential of the Max, it makes the wins that much better, to see the look on there faces, but beat an M3 that runs 13's stock? No, it not's gonna happen. The max stock for stock, 5 spd vs. 5 spd, will beat a prelude, but in the end the aftermarket for the prelude will beat you. You can pour money into anything and MAKE it fast, you just have to 'run what ya brung', as the saying goes. I had someone say "hey look, he brought his mom's car" at the track, before I trashed his turbo'ed civic down the 1/4, but he could have turned up the boost and smoked me, he just didn't know what I was running, unless you do bracket racing and it's on your window. And yes, I own a SLOW high 13 second automatic...

Quote:
Slow automatic? First off....yeah Maxima isnt the best, but it kicks ass

THe look on Honda Drivers faces when they see they got beat by the

same car their grandma has.....PRICELESS...

Maxima is just an overall good, cool, sweet car and look very nice moded. THe 5speed wont pull ahead on a Prelude, it will flat out smoke it, thats the why the Maxima's competition is the 3 series bmw and use to be 5 series competition...i dont know about now....
Faster than jOO!

A hunting we will go...
mtrai760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 02:38 PM   #35
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Slow automatic?
yeah it is..... the auto max is almost a full second slower 0-60mph than the 5spd

and JBL about the skyline.. everybody knows that that HP number isn't real, that's just the number they have to advertise in japan because they have that agreement that the highest HP has to be 276
fully stock skylines have been dynoed at WELL over 300hp
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 09:21 PM   #36
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Thtas cool news about the skyline i never knew

But about the cars, YOU RACE WHAT YOU GOT, no one really races stock and if you do you know what you are racing with...when I smoke people in my stock Maxima, I know its stock....so I am sure they think its pretty modded....anyhow...this is just to much to compare and I dont care that much =)
Old 12-02-2001, 02:54 AM   #37
F20C
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Why does everyone simply look at power

Skyline 276HP, 0-60 is under 5.0 seconds stock, I dont think #'s mean much, its all about the engineering in the car.
Everybody should be aware that Skyline GT-R V Spec packs more than 276hp. The dyno shows more like 276whp. That's why it is right up there with Evo7 and STi although outweighting them by a lot. STi and Evo7 makes about 300ps.
F20C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 01:51 PM   #38
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by F20C

Everybody should be aware that Skyline GT-R V Spec packs more than 276hp. The dyno shows more like 276whp. That's why it is right up there with Evo7 and STi although outweighting them by a lot. STi and Evo7 makes about 300ps.
uh.. look like 2 posts up, i already said that
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 07:04 PM   #39
F20C
AF Enthusiast

I scroll down from the top so I can't see the post on the bottom.
Old 12-02-2001, 09:23 PM   #40
JBL85
AF Fanatic

I hate when that happens and you really dont feel like scrolling through adn reading what everyone else said and you just want to say what you think
Old 12-02-2001, 09:41 PM   #41
F20C
AF Enthusiast

Oh well I did add more detail that gangstart missed.
Old 12-08-2001, 12:37 AM   #42
JBL85
AF Fanatic

If your going stick maxima, go maxima if its drag....if your going handling, take the lude.
Old 01-01-2002, 07:29 PM   #43
joeB
AF Enthusiast

Automatic Maximas vary.In 95 I drove a automatic Maxima

and it would fly. I want to add something here, I have a 98 SE and

I raced a 96 Cadillac Eldorado with the Northstar engine. We raced

from a stoplight from stop, and I beat him all the way until 90 until

he gave up, he didnt gain on me not one time he just stayed back there

at my rear bumper. I looked up in Car and driver Magazine that the

Cadillac got to 0 to 60 in like 6.4 to 6.6 or something like that. I had a

96 five speed and my auto feels just as fast as it did. My point here is

that you cant always go by what you read in magazines about automatic

Maximas times. Some autos are faster than others.. I would like to add

to for every300m to accords or preludes , none of them have been able

to even come close to beating it in a race. MAXIMAS RULE!!!!!!!!:sun:
joeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 07:53 PM   #44
del
móddə rąytər

ok, here's my experiences racing maximas with my lude. off the line, he gets the jump. since all of you are aware of honda's torqueless engines so well. then i go into second, catch up and pull on him from that point on. the lude has more high end than the max, but the maxima has the benefit of strong low and mid-range. i've raced a 01 maxima se 20th anniversary from 30mph. started even and again, i began to pull ahead of him. by 90mph i was at least a car length in front.

and don't even compare these two cars on cornering. with all due respect, the suspension on the prelude is far superior to that of the maxima's, that and a considerably lower center of gravity. :sun:
del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2002, 01:35 AM   #45
JBL85
AF Fanatic

do preludes have better suspension then a ITR, cuz maxima's with suspension work mess up ITR at the track...

anyhow, about drag racing, preludes are the most fun car to race in a maxima....You can be racing a lude and here the vtec and then it quickly becomes silenced as the maxima pulls ahead and you just hear the roar of the v6.

How many mods have you done to your car DEL, I race stock ones cuz my car is stock...have yet to race a tricked out one

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons