Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Take your pick
Dodge Ram 1500 6 66.67%
Ford F150 1 11.11%
Chevrolet Silverado 0 0%
Toyota Tundra 2 22.22%
GMC K1500 Sierra (?isn't this the same as the Silverado?) 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-26-2002, 01:36 PM   #1
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
Pick the truck

I've got a buddy of mine who wants to get a full size pickup. I've always been a fan of the Ram (looks and power) but I thought I'd get some opinions from you guys on the ones he's been considering.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 07-28-2002, 07:59 PM   #2
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
No question, the Ram. Road and Track did a test between the Ram, F150, Silverado, and Tundra and the Ram came out on top. I think they look by far better than any of the others. The other Rams will be getting the facelift soon. In my opinion they have the best engines as well. People may say that Chevy has the most powerful but they are comparing a 502ci and 454ci to a 360ci, besides the Hemi is going to be put in the trucks in the end of the year. It will be a 340ci Hemi running around 350 - 400HP or up. Dodge is they way to go IMO, but then again I am a little biased.
Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 04:00 AM   #3
Ssom
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ssom Send a message via AIM to Ssom
F150- Trucks are Fords specialty
Ssom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 09:52 AM   #4
Steel
AF Fanatic

bah, i rode in an F350 then i rode in a ram 2500, both diesel. The ford was obnoxiously loud, the turbo gets really irritating after a while, and it doesnt seem to help that much, the armrests are uncomfortable, the sideview mirrors in an an ass-backwards spot. I'd take the Ram over it, better looking, MUCH quieter in the cab, really powerful, comfortable too.

Dont forget to tell your freind to take them for a long testdrive too.
Old 08-06-2002, 03:54 PM   #5
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
Quote:
Originally posted by Steel

Dont forget to tell your freind to take them for a long testdrive too.
Thats sound advice. He's been able to take the chevy and dodge for a day each and he actually liked the ride in both. He's pretty much set on getting the RAM now if he can get the right price. After that he's leaning towards the Toyota (at least for now)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 08-07-2002, 10:02 PM   #6
TheSyndicate
AF Enthusiast

Toyota trucks are reliable, sometimes lasting longer than you want 'em to . Just remember to change the oil very often; there was a consumer report about the oil going bad in Toyota trucks/suvs.

I can't exactly say which truck is the best. The new Ram is a good choice if you want lots of room and a fullsize bed with 4 doors. I think Dodge makes the only truck with that configuration. Although you can get yourself a new Nissan Frontier with the supercharged engine, 4 doors, and a 11(?) foot bed. The only bad problem is that it's a "mini" truck with an obvious lack of power. The new Silverados have a strange facelift, which is somewhat appealing in the Avalanche way, but it's an overhaul. And I own a Ford myself and I can only say good things about it.

It's really an application-specific choice. Most trucks will get "truck jobs" done such as hauling and towing. But some accel in luxury areas, and others in reliability, and others in stability.
TheSyndicate is offline   Reply With Quote