Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter Bravo is the Australian vesion, Bounty the New Zealand version and Drifter the South African version.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 01:51 AM   #1
PrairieSparky
AF Newbie

1991 B2600i no spark

I get no spark at my plugs. I have checked the coil, the fuse boxes, the voltage at the coil, the cap and rotor, i have read through other forums and dont know how they relate to this particular truck. I am an electrcian and am going nuts because i dont understand this electrical problem! I am very close to push starting the truck off a cliff.
PrairieSparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 06:16 PM   #2
BigEd1
AF Newbie

Re: 1991 B2600i no spark

You dont say if everything was ok with the cap, rotor and wires, so I am taking that it is. If you have fire to the wires from the cap you should have fire to the plugs. Unless the wires and plugs are the trouble. May also check the engine ground by running a wire from the battery ground to the distributor. It wont fire to the plug unless the engine is grounded.
BigEd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:59 AM   #3
PrairieSparky
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 1991 B2600i no spark

My bad, everything checked out good and the engine is properly grounded I'm thinking possibly the distributor is bad? but do not know. Or possibly a sensor somewhere or relay?
Old 12-05-2005, 01:28 AM   #4
PrairieSparky
AF Newbie

I got it going! I was in a pinch to get it running so i bought a Distriputor and an ignition module. I couldn't return either of them but i suspect is was the ignition module, if you have the same problem i would suggest trying that first. If anyone has any questions on a similiar problem feel free to contact me at urbans@comcast.net i will gladly share what little i know on the subject.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter