Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 10:31 PM   #1
Luis 95_NEON
AF Newbie

weird OverHead Problem ! HELP Pls. !

Hi Man, first of all, sorry about my english i'm from mexico. I tougth you guy can help me whit an OverHead that i want to install on my car.

Lets start i bougth an OH console from ebay it came from a 97-03 Chevy Venture, (and Montana, Trans Port) and want to intall it on my '89 Honda Accord. I get a thermistor from a used computer and plug everything (of course the fuel computer not works, anyway i just want compass and temp) the compass points rigth and temp reads good too, i compared the readings and they both are rigth, temp reads 81'F on a 80'F thermometer, the problem is it just works for about 5 seconds then the compass stay where it start (NW for example) and temp becomes at this: [ -- 'F ] if i press E/M it changes from F or C but stays --, and if i press MODE it moves between menus. its like the readings works for the instant i power the console, afther that time no changes on compass and temp. I think i may have some power source missing, i mean i migth using just a kind of Ignition 12V and missing the 12V constant or something like that

could you help me whit that problem this is picture of the board w/thermistor attached, it works rigth this way.... well just for 5 seconds

by the way i use 12V power source and Ground and one lead for thermistor togheter. Temp not works from other way. Even if i unplug thermistor and just have 12V and ground the compass not change if i move the part.

YOu can take a look at the board at this link, let me know if you may need some more pics or info:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...9lxi/Board.jpg

Thank you all in advance.

Luis
Luis 95_NEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 07:59 PM   #2
Luis 95_NEON
AF Newbie

Re: weird OverHead Problem ! HELP Pls. !

bump. Any one ?? come on guys !!!
Old 09-08-2004, 09:25 PM   #3
LMP
AF Enthusiast

mmm...I've seen some "special" electronic devices work from a 5V supply taken somewhere else in the instrument panel....so is it possible here? This is more a question than a suggestion. May be it would work first on 12 v and then freeze rapidly from the excess voltage. If you have a variable external power supply, just try with 5 V. It will not harm anything and will prove or destroy this question...
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 10:38 PM   #4
Luis 95_NEON
AF Newbie

i think this same thing before and use a Computer power supply at 5V DC and nothing works, if i use 12V leads from this Computer Power supply does same as my car battery. As you may know C.P.S uses 5V and 12V DC for the HDD and FDD.

Did you own a TrasPort ???? you may help me whit the wire harness for voltages on pins 97-03 are same console as mine (9 pins flat harness). Thank you for your help.

Luis
Old 09-09-2004, 07:33 AM   #5
LMP
AF Enthusiast

OK that closes this option. My Transport is '93 and have no such display. Can you confirm the compass changes indication CORRECTLY if you turn the system on pointing different headings, or is it random?
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport