Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 05:55 AM   #1
Gebo
AF Regular

Adjusting HEadlights at home

I know how to move the lights. Can anyone tell me how far from the wall the van is supposed to be and how high off the ground and how far to the left or right the headlights are supposed to be aimed? It seems like I saw the procedure in a repair manual I was reading.
Gebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 12:58 PM   #2
LMP
AF Enthusiast

Re: Adjusting HEadlights at home

Flatly, I think aiming them "to suit" as experienced on the road is the way to go, at least for me. But this opens a question: is there an aftermarket source for these headlights?
First there were the original version (1990-1991 - may be first series 1992) that were authentic glass - so the lens would stay transparent - but the bulbs were of low watt rating a,d eventually,rust goes inside and destroys the reflective coating. Then 1992 and 1993 were plastic - so after a few years, the lens get all eroded and milky and light goes nowhere. 1994 and beyond were much larger . Mine is 1993 - but was able to swap the plastic for glass type early. However, higher wattage bulbs helped bring decent illumination, and a small collision destroyed one and was provided with a plastic replacement in which only the back surface has reflective coating: top and bottom surfaces are black. However, I've seen plactic type with reflective coating on all inner surfaces.

So - to repeat the question - does someone know of an aftermarket supply of replacement headlights?
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 01:22 PM   #3
LMP
AF Enthusiast

Re: Adjusting HEadlights at home

mmm.....reply to myself.... found that
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/dpstore/dp-h00294.html
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport