Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 12:29 AM   #31
Dr.Gonzo
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Dr.Gonzo Send a message via Yahoo to Dr.Gonzo
Re: Modfied Jettas any type

I know of one 1.8T Jetta here in Omaha NE that ran mid to high 10's but living in Omaha you don't really get noticed if you do something cool like that. For example the 240SX here running the RB26DETT that thing is bad ass and runs well.

I however am making an educated guess that when as much time/money has been spent on research the complete possibilites of the 1.8T highly modified 1.8T's running 10's or even 9's however that's an educated guess.
Dr.Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 01:46 PM   #32
JettaSleeper
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to JettaSleeper
Hey guys...I'm curious, I haven't heard too much of you having mods already done on your cars. I've thrown a few on mine and she's running strong. I'm not much into the body mods...since I dig the sleep look. Besides...in most places I travel and live, the tint i have is illegal and don't need the popo's throwin a red flag on my car. In any case, I considerin doin a further mod, either upgradin to the K04 turbo or lookin into gettin the GT28RS. Any of you made either one of those steps? I'd be curious to hear how its running and if you've had any problems.
JettaSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 02:44 PM   #33
VWJettaRacer4
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to VWJettaRacer4

i just got my 1995 volkswagen jetta III GL last year and it's completely stock...i can figure out how to mod the interior and exterior....but the engine is the tricky part....my car has 135,000 when i bought it...and some ppl tell me to rebuild the engine but i don't know how to go about doing that...someone please help me haha
VWJettaRacer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 04:02 PM   #34
JDMDrft
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to JDMDrft

you could buy a parts manuel and do it your self, it would be a lot of work but you would learn alot and save some $ but otherwise, inquire at a shop where you could swap your engine for an already rebuilt engine and pay the balance, or you could look into engine swaps (which I dont know much about on jettas) but you could fit a better engine in there. But definatly don't mod a 135k engine unless you plan on small things like intake and exhaust
JDMDrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 01:01 AM   #35
gizmotoy1
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to gizmotoy1
here are some pics, slightly modified MORE TO COME!, lowering, rims, and full tint this month 1990 a2 jetta wolfsburg edition
gizmotoy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 01:57 AM   #36
Dr.Gonzo
AF Regular

Jetta racer you have couple of options.
1. Engine swap 1.8T or a VR6 (12valve or 24valve)

2. Rebuild your 4cylinder 8valve engine and slap a neuspeed super charger get cams and adjustable timing cams from Autotech or Schrick.
You can get a chip for it intake and exhaust also. I don't konw if they make headers for the 8valve.

I recommend a engine swap.
1.8T easy to make fast b/c it's a lot cheaper to buy a chip for it.
VR6 more expsensive to make fast but if you can get a turbo for it the sky's the limit.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:29 AM   #37
speedsport
AF Newbie

I'm slowly modding a 91 jetta. Right now just with a #272 grind cam and adj. cam gear. head ported and polished with 3 angle valve job. Also intake exhaust, short shift kit, rims...... I want to add turbo..... any one do this before with this year, and know a good source for quality parts or kits??
speedsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 07:33 PM   #38
97trek
AF Newbie

i'm running a 97 jetta trek, it's 2.0 and i've heard a lot of kids start with a chip, exhaust, and intake. is this a good place to start? or are there other options worth checking out?
97trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 10:12 AM   #39
Dr.Gonzo
AF Regular

Honestly not too sure on the 8v 2.0. My suggestions would be yes a chip is a great way to start out you get a noticeable gain throughout the powerband. The intake is good I suggest a Cold Air Intake rather than an open air one b/c of too much heat in the engine bay for an open air intake.

Other options include exhaust, Cams, adjustable cam gears, and if you want to try the neuspeed super charger they sell. I don't know if they make lightened fly wheels, pullies, clutch etc.
Look on the following web sites Autotech, Techtonics, Neuspeed, and Unorthodoxy Racing.
To get schrick items call just buy or copy the number from a European Car magazine.
GIAC,Autotech, and Neuspeed make chips for the 8v.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:59 PM   #40
fastmaxxcooper
AF Regular

if u want a quick car that'll corner stick with the 2.0. a 2.0 with stock internals will handle high psi from a turbo. for 2.0s get a used obd1 aba block(forged internals) and get a 16v head from an mkii (1.8l and 2.0l 16v's both work but u will need some 2.0 16v internals or modded 1.8l) im building an aba 16v engine right now. haven't decided on turbo or not yet because turbos for vws are big money if u go new and u have to work out fuel management issues. just make sure u stick with quality companies for parts like eip tuning and techtonics for parts. after some lumpy cams(have to watch out for timing if using stock pistons), big valves, p&p, intake, exhaust and a proper chip, the mkii or mkiii management systems can handle over 200whp in a light package. now thats just a few parts, theres all kinds of parts needed from old vws and audis to get a reliable package. now if you want to turbo with lots of hp, stick with the 8v head because it is bomb proof . 24 psi is possible on the stock internals of an early aba engine(vr6 or 2.0) it just takes some careful planning and quality labor. picking the right parts can get u 450whp from a 2.0 but thats money and looooots of work. well theres my 2 cents
fastmaxxcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:31 PM   #41
97trek
AF Newbie

ha, crazy shit. fast max you deffinitly sound like you know what you're doing, and i appreciate your help dr. gonzo
97trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 01:50 AM   #42
Dr.Gonzo
AF Regular

I would say just swap out the 8valve for a 16valve 2.0 or 1.8 dub engine. Maxcooper knows a lot more about these types of engines than I do. But the main reason why I started this thread was for VW owners to know about how much power they can make and how they can mod their cars to make that power.
Expert I am not but knowledgeable and able to point people who are more so than I am yes.

By the way if anyone wants to add their 2cents go for it. The more people who know what they are talking about the better for everyone.
Later.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:13 AM   #43
fastmaxxcooper
AF Regular

oh i didn't leave ne websites for reference. heres two sites on building economy 2.0l's:
http://forums.vwsport.com/viewtopic.php?t=33 and http://forum.vwsport.com/viewtopic.php?t=445 . those will help u build cheap 2.0l that are nice and quick. if u have some money look around www.eiptuning.com and u'll see what can be done to get some real good numbers from any volkswagen engine. (this is the site with the 450hp mkiii jetta http://www.eiptuning.com/eip/project...116vturbo.html and the mkiii golf that ran a 10.23 second quarter mile http://www.eiptuning.com/eip/a3stage...onsorship.html)
fastmaxxcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 09:24 PM   #44
Dr.Gonzo
AF Regular

Cooper thanks for your contributions for giving the websites.
www.supremepower.com is also a good place to go.
www.neuspeed.com
www.autotech.com
I think there are more. Anyone else want to chime in. Oh by the way if you are a VR6 owner of any kind not just Jetta the info on here will be useful.
www.techtonicstuning.
If possible I'd like to see a person on here who's a bit more knowledgeable on 1.8T's b/c I know stuff but not to the extent that an owner of one does. Just to cover all the bases from the VR6,1.8T,2.08v,new 2.0T(not out yet),2.0/1.8 16v, or the TDI. Cool if anyone who sees this thread and wants to put their ideas on go for it.
Old 07-24-2004, 10:26 PM   #45
CB Jetta
AF Newbie

I have a 03 VW jetta 2.0L manual transmission. I am so confused with what is going on. I have 18x8 inch rims and when i went to get them aligned they told me my camber on the front right side was positive and it needed to be negative 1 degree. They said it could not be fixed without a $200 kit. My car is still under warranty and i was hoping that this might be covered by the warranty but the people who did my alignment told me it was a common problem on jettas with rims but Volkswagen didnt recognize it as a problem and would not help me. Can anybody tell me anything about this.
CB Jetta is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora