Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Exterior and Wheels
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Exterior and Wheels This is the place for all exterior wheel modifcations.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 11:23 AM   #16
EricSchnabel
AF Newbie

Re: Street Glow Is It Legal

Vehicle Code

Lighting Requirements

25400. (a) Any vehicle may be equipped with a lamp or device on the exterior of the vehicle that emits a diffused nonglaring light of not more than 0.05 candela per square inch of area.

(b) Any diffused nonglaring light shall not display red to the front, but may display other colors. A diffused nonglaring light shall not resemble nor be installed within 12 inches or in such position as to interfere with the visibility or effectiveness of any required lamp, reflector, or other device upon the vehicle.

Blue is not a cop color the CHP wheres black uniforms and drives black and white cars wheres the blue it is not a cop color like everyone thinks. Red is the only illegal color because it is an emergency car color for ambulance and fire trucks.
EricSchnabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 12:26 PM   #17
l_eclipse_l
AF Enthusiast

Yeah but the cops use blue and red lights. Therefor blue and red are illegal to use on non-police or emergency vehicles.

Zoom Stage 1 Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjewer1
I disagree. Better is better. Bigger is just bigger.

I just made that up, and I like it.
l_eclipse_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:48 PM   #18
EricSchnabel
AF Newbie

So the blue halo projector headlights on all the new bmw and for other cars are illegal. They edmite a blue light for your headlights and they aren't illegal.
EricSchnabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:05 PM   #19
nova1313
AF Enthusiast

actually it's nto a blue light. It's just a very bright white light. It appears to have a blue glow but it isn't. There was a discussion around about it somwhere.

The cheap knock offs, that claim to be blue yes those are illegal.
nova1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 09:03 PM   #20
gthompson97
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to gthompson97 Send a message via MSN to gthompson97

Blue doesn't have to be a uniform color you idiot, it's a color of a light used on the lightbar, therefore it is illegal.

97 Eclipse GST

gthompson97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:01 PM   #21
Tonocilot
AF Newbie

Yes, in the state of CA Street glow is LEGAL, on two conditions, 1. the tubes are not visible from the street (being another driver in his/her car cannot see them) and 2. Lighting from tubes do not cause glare (this one would not be a problem if tubes are not visible). I have personal experience lmfao with Street glow and lawenforcement. in 2011 I recieved 1,096 total tickets from CHP, SPD, BPD, KCSD, SCSD. All law enforcement agencies throughout CA. out of that 1,096 tickets recieved I beat each one in court.

in 2010 I recieved 899. and beat 899.
All tickets recieved were fix it, illegal modifications, etc. all in regards to my street glow. I beat them all. LawEnforcement issues the tickets cause the state wants money and 99% of people do not fight them, they take the fine, and the D*ck up the ass from the state. STREET GLOW IS LEGAL and not just when you are parked. It is perfectly legal to drive in a residential area or HighWay with Street glow on. Commercial work areas are a "grey area" with the law.

So if you get issued a ticket, just remind the officer you are going to fight it, then hes going to have to show up for court, then you will request your court hearing is heard last, also that you will request that you have a continuance so you can seek legal advice (judge is required by law to give you up to 6 requests, each request pushes your court date back 30days then remind the officer thats 6 days hes going to have to sit in court all... day... long... just to see your case get dropped when you provide the courts with paperwork from your local DMV stating its legal (also another good thing to have is a pic of your car, from inside another car showing your tubes are not visible). Let him know your gonna push it as long and far as possible because in the end your gonna win anyways (I have gotten pulled over 36 in 2012, told officers this, they get pissed and let me go). Know your rights, flex your rights.

Another good thing to have is a Dashboard cam (20-200 dollars) which will record anything the officer says. As long as the dash cam is mounted in a visible area you are not required by law to ask the officer his permission to record him, if he can see it from outside your car.

And towards the comment on blue and red being illegal, You cannot have BLUE or RED strobe lights on a vehicle (front rear or over head) because emergency vehicles use them. You can have under glow or interior glow (interior as long as its not mounted on the dash board). Simpliest way to get the information is contact your local DMV, they not only will let you know if its legal in your state but also put it in the simplest terms to understand.

I have a 1969 Hemi Cuda and a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS Frankenstein both with RED AMBER street glow. I have undertubes, halo head light rings and interior glow. Do not be fooled by Law Enforcement or fail to fight a ticket cause your scared to get a bigger one. Same thing goes with Window tint 35% is legal in CA on all WINDOWS EVEN WINDSHIELD. I GOT IT ON ALL MINE
Tonocilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #22
SilvrEclipse
Holset powered 420a

Send a message via AIM to SilvrEclipse

Tonocilot - Please do not bring up threads from 6 years ago.
Megasquirt 2 - Holset HY35 Turbo - Built motor - P&P Head and Intake - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - Aeromotive AFPR - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Zoom clutch - 13" Cobra Front Brakes - AEM WB - Devilsown meth injection - 3.55 Final Drive gear ratio

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i - DD
SilvrEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Exterior and Wheels