Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Liberty
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 03:38 AM   #1
littleshelly
AF Newbie

Sputtering and stalling when turning right

Hi, I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD. It has been sputtering and lately when I make a right turn it almost stalls. Once it did. If I bump the gas and speed up it seems to go. But it is getting worse. This happens regardless of the fuel level. I am worried about taking it in to be repaired my mechanic has 2 jobs and is too busy to look at it so I am going to have to take it somewhere else and don't want to be taken advantage of. What could this be?
Also this may be related or unrelated. I bought the Jeep used and the power windows, especially the drivers side window is very slow when going up and down and sometimes does not work at all. This does not happen all of the time but seems to happen more when it is cold outside. I took it back to the dealership and they had no problem with it since it only happens some of the time. They took the window out and greased it he said but I still have the problem. I have to physically pull the window up while pushing the power button when it gets stuck. The batter in the Jeep is new. Thank you for any advice. This is my only car and it must be dependable.
littleshelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:01 AM   #2
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

Re: Sputtering and stalling when turning right

Auto Zone and Advanced will check the battery and charging system free. I would start here make sure the battery is clamped down and doesn't move.
rhandwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:42 PM   #3
littleshelly
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandwor View Post
Auto Zone and Advanced will check the battery and charging system free. I would start here make sure the battery is clamped down and doesn't move.

Hi and thank you for the reply. The battery is brand new. Just replaced it 2 months ago.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:04 PM   #4
hundahunta
AF Enthusiast

possibly needs a tune-up and checked fuel pressure
hundahunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:00 AM   #5
littleshelly
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hundahunta View Post
possibly needs a tune-up and checked fuel pressure
Thank you, I have a guy at work who works on my cars. He is busy but is suppose to get it in soon. I do belive it has something to do with the fuel.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:58 AM   #6
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

Use a can of carburetor cleaner and spray the sides of the intake. Any place it hits an air leak the engine will smooth out and run properly. What an air leak does is lean out the mixture and they don't idle correctly. Also look at the fuel pressure regulator. If it has a vacuum hose on it pull the hose and if it has gas in it replace.
This is newer than I have experience on and some of newer vehicles are redesigned but intakes leaks still effect them.
rhandwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:20 PM   #7
littleshelly
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandwor View Post
Use a can of carburetor cleaner and spray the sides of the intake. Any place it hits an air leak the engine will smooth out and run properly. What an air leak does is lean out the mixture and they don't idle correctly. Also look at the fuel pressure regulator. If it has a vacuum hose on it pull the hose and if it has gas in it replace.
This is newer than I have experience on and some of newer vehicles are redesigned but intakes leaks still effect them.
Thank you for the advice. I will print it out and try it.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Liberty