Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter Bravo is the Australian vesion, Bounty the New Zealand version and Drifter the South African version.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 09:13 PM   #1
jreynish
AF Newbie

Turbocharged B2600?

I have no problem making custom parts. I have experience with turbocharging several vehicles, Mazda MX-6 Honda Civics, 350's 302's 305's RX-7's.
But i have no knowlege of the Mazda 2.6L 2602 cc displacement (mazda version of the engine not Mitsu.) engine. I am wondering if anybody has done this. What I would like to know is the following;
Compression ratio?
Which internals are weak?
which internals are strong?

What have you done?
Thank You
jreynish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 11:26 AM   #2
Kyrasis6
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Kyrasis6
Re: Turbocharged B2600?

Some guys on my forum have looked into it and some may have done it.

Here is a page with some specs:
B2600i Specs

Stock compression should be good as long as you run low boost or an intercooler. I'm pretty sure the engine could handle 6-8 psi of boost on stock internals after that I don't really know. People have boosted the B2200 to 12 psi with good results so I'm guessing the B2600i should hold up fairly well. I would still try to beef the lower end a bit. If you have studs installed for the main caps and upgrade the rod bolts I think that would be the best insurance on stock parts.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter