Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter Bravo is the Australian vesion, Bounty the New Zealand version and Drifter the South African version.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 12:50 AM   #1
Exodor
AF Newbie

Low compression on 91 b2200

I got a 91 B2200 from my dads friend, over 300000k on it, and it was blowing smoke, it got a new head to fix the problem when i got it, which helped, but the smoke started to get really bad again (about 6 months later), so i replaced the rings. After replacing the rings, it didnt quite want to run. turns out the gas tank was rusting out and got through to the carb (alot of rust sitting in the bowl), since i dont have the know how to do a rebuild, i replaced the carb (and the tank). the truck ran well for a about 15 minutes, took it for a drive, and stalled, with no warnings, about two blocks away. turns out a canon plug came out, so i figured that might have been it, but it wont even come close to starting up again. i checked the compression and its really low, around 85 - 90 for each cylinder. a mechanis friend told me i should have covered the cylinder walls and pistin rings with assembly lube when i replaced them, which i didnt do, but can 15 minutes of running really wear new rings down that much? im hoping its something else im missing. sorry about the long post, wanted to be specific. any help would be great, thx.
Exodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 10:49 PM   #2
Kyrasis6
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Kyrasis6
lol, take a new ring and rub the edge of it against a piece of 300 grit sandpaper about 45,000 times and see what happens.

Yes, not lubing the cylinders was probably a large part of that, also any time you re-ring an engine it must be broke in. Below is a link to a good break in procedure.

Break in Procedure

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter