Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 11:44 AM   #16
mountie1982
AF Regular

Need help!!!!!!! BLAZER NO START

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazerLT
Make sure you charge the battery back up just to make sure it is at 100%.

Yea I did that. 24hrs later still running strong.

1964 Vw Baja 1600
mountie1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 12:02 AM   #17
BlazerLT
AF -Advisor

Re: Need help!!!!!!! BLAZER NO START

Sweet, another one fixed guys, great work!
Old 12-11-2005, 06:12 PM   #18
Gabe25
AF Enthusiast

Re: Need help!!!!!!! BLAZER NO START

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountie1982
Yea I did that. 24hrs later still running strong.
Glad to hear that everything is working.

My Fleet

Gabe25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 02:51 AM   #19
LTBlazer97
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to LTBlazer97
could someone answer a few add on questions??

I have the same year (97) and model Blazer (LT) as you, and i was having the same problem as you. Mostly the idiot lights not lighting up intermittently and stalling. Now i cant get her to run this time and it looks like i have to use my free day off monday to fix her ( sigh ) Was hoping i could get some information from you or anyone on the forum. This other website i was browsing for the ignition switch says i need to have it coded at the dealership....Did you have to? Also what is the detailed description of the bad part? i.e. Ignition Switch module?, lock cylinder?! (any part numbers would be highly appreciated) And what was the price you payed so i can know a ballpark range for it. Im just scared ill get the wrong part and not fix the problem. Thanks a ton for any help. Also this forum is by far the best. Good answered questioned and not just assumtions.

I will venture to this sight often to help others with problems ive encountered as well.
LTBlazer97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 08:53 AM   #20
mountie1982
AF Regular

Re: could someone answer a few add on questions??

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTBlazer97
I have the same year (97) and model Blazer (LT) as you, and i was having the same problem as you. Mostly the idiot lights not lighting up intermittently and stalling. Now i cant get her to run this time and it looks like i have to use my free day off monday to fix her ( sigh ) Was hoping i could get some information from you or anyone on the forum. This other website i was browsing for the ignition switch says i need to have it coded at the dealership....Did you have to? Also what is the detailed description of the bad part? i.e. Ignition Switch module?, lock cylinder?! (any part numbers would be highly appreciated) And what was the price you payed so i can know a ballpark range for it. Im just scared ill get the wrong part and not fix the problem. Thanks a ton for any help. Also this forum is by far the best. Good answered questioned and not just assumtions.

I will venture to this sight often to help others with problems ive encountered as well.

Hey Bud, I never had to have it coded. Not sure whats thats all about. Use the thread i did. Its an awesome guide. Its a ingniton switch that goes in the steering colum. its a black box with a wiring harness that goes down the steering shaft into a plug under the dash. I try to get you a picture but i am pretty busy over the next week. I paid $100 canadian my price cant remember off hand what the real price was. I will try to get you some more info on it. See if you can get a hold of Gabe25 he knows his stuff. He Helped me TONS!!!

1964 Vw Baja 1600
Old 12-25-2005, 08:58 AM   #21
mountie1982
AF Regular

1964 Vw Baja 1600
Old 12-25-2005, 12:34 PM   #22
LTBlazer97
AF Regular

thanks

thanks for describing it, a black box with a wiring harness will help me out. i can go from there!
Old 12-29-2005, 12:41 AM   #23
LTBlazer97
AF Regular

ignition switch replaced

Ok, i got mine replaced and it was fairly easy. Hardest part was finding the e4 torx socket. I looked all over town and not one place had it. didnt find one at sears, auto zone, advance, any hardware store, etc. I got lucky and was abled to find a snap-on truck. $14, i would be mad but when you need it you NEED it. It was soo self explanatory. Just remember to disable the air bag. That would suck to have that thing go off. And thanks again to all the people that have posted the advice and walkthroughs, saved my life!!
Old 12-29-2005, 03:45 AM   #24
mountie1982
AF Regular

Re: ignition switch replaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTBlazer97
Ok, i got mine replaced and it was fairly easy. Hardest part was finding the e4 torx socket. I looked all over town and not one place had it. didnt find one at sears, auto zone, advance, any hardware store, etc. I got lucky and was abled to find a snap-on truck. $14, i would be mad but when you need it you NEED it. It was soo self explanatory. Just remember to disable the air bag. That would suck to have that thing go off. And thanks again to all the people that have posted the advice and walkthroughs, saved my life!!

Hey I got busy with work and forget to get you pics. Sorry!!! It sounds like you made it without. lol Yea its easy with the walk thru. I would have never been able to do it without it. The whole air bag deal had me scared to death. The whole time I was waiting for the wack in the head. Good to hear another fix has been completed.

1964 Vw Baja 1600
Old 12-29-2005, 06:52 PM   #25
LTBlazer97
AF Regular

Re: Re: ignition switch replaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountie1982
Hey I got busy with work and forget to get you pics. Sorry!!! It sounds like you made it without. lol Yea its easy with the walk thru. I would have never been able to do it without it. The whole air bag deal had me scared to death. The whole time I was waiting for the wack in the head. Good to hear another fix has been completed.

No worries about the pictures man.....just glad i had this website to look at.

And for all other future Ignition replacements i have a picture of it, it really helps the parts guys figure out the part, considering there are like 30 parts with the word ignition in the database.

http://www.rockauto.com/ref/ACDelco/...tml?D1498C.jpg

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer