Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > S-10
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 10:14 AM   #1
henson
AF Newbie

happened once...is it a sign?

Hello, this has happened only once but is it a sign of a bad computer or??? first i have a 95 with a 2.2 4 cyl. just replaced the head gasket (2'nd time in 3 years) and I just put new plugs and wires on it. it has 60,000 miles on it. The other day after I started it up the brake light ame on and stayed on but only at about half the brightness? i pushed and reset the emergency brake and still it stayed on, my radio wouldn't come on and when I tried to drive it around the block it stuck in first gear? I put it into park and tried again and still nothing. So I shut it off and restarted it and went back to normal? and in about a dozen starts after it hasn't happened again? Any odu have a similar problem or have any insight? Another thing the engine misses occasionaly (during idle) and the engine surges and light acceleration?
Any input would be deeply apreciated. I don't know if I should be trading it off or not.
henson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:15 AM   #2
eddieeckenrode
AF Newbie

Duden thhis sounds like a bad ignition swith(not the key barrel) its the wire harness. This will cause misfires on occassion and will cause the tranny to go into a limp mode , this differs on the make and model its either 1st,2nd,or3rd. Also can cause crazy things to go on in the instrument panel. Sometimes it will even cause the key to become stuck in the ignition. Hope this helps. Happened to my 97 s-10 about 3 months ago
eddieeckenrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:34 PM   #3
blazee
Problem?

Re: happened once...is it a sign?

I would wait before replacing anything, it does sound like it was the switch, but it could have just been that the key hung a little and wouldn't let the ignition switch go fully in to position. I have seen this happen many times. Shoot a little graphite in the key-lock cylinder to free it up some.
blazee is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > S-10