Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Murano | FX45
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 05:36 AM   #1
jetfl51
AF Newbie

FX35 Nav System

Just picked up the new baby the other night....great car but nagging problem with the Nav system. I hope someone can offer some insight.

I think the most significant learning curve of this car relates to the nav system. The manual is almost as thick as that of the entire car.

Anyway, in trying it out around town, yesterday I entered the address of an older office building. The nav system had no record of it. Later that day, I entered the address of a restaurant. The nav system actually took me about 2 miles away....not even close.

The salesman has no idea regarding the availability of software updates or fixes, but suggests I take up the issues with the service manager while I have the XM radio installed.

Have any of you had any types of problems with the nav system and what was done about it?

By the way, how much should I expect to pay for the annual software updates?

Regards,

Jetfl51
jetfl51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 12:00 AM   #2
N2CARS
AF Newbie

With regard to the navigation system not taking you to the correct location; it may be that your navigation is not correctly calibrated. The other possibility is that you are not being received by enough satellites to correctly assume your position. You may be able to view how many satellites are reading you through the menu. If you are in a remote area that has few satellites, accuracy may be a problem. It is also possible that your antenna is not working properly which would cause you to not be received by satellites.

Regarding your navigation updates, I wouldn't think it would be neccessary to update annually unless you are using it for residential use or something. I have been on my Mercedes CD for almost 3 years. I have had excellent accuracy, and use my navigation system frequently. I would recommend that you devote an evening to reading your nav. manual. It's worth it in the long run.

Good Luck!
N2CARS is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Murano | FX45