Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Impala | Impala SS
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 09:44 AM   #1
19694x4
AF Newbie

Talking Heater/AC Fan Problem!

Hi all, I am new to this site, I have been having a problem with my 03 Impala fan speed. It started with the loss of #3 fan speed, I spoke to a dealer locally and was told it was the fan speed resistor that was the problem. I spent the money and had it replaced but it did not fix the problem. I was then told I would have to replace the controller in the dash and it would be about $600.00 to repair. I declined to go that route for just one speed being out. Well it finally got to just #5 speed working, I did some searching on every forum I could find concerning this problem that is how I found this site. Good news is, I found a thread on another forum about the same problem I was having and I replaced the AC/Heater Dual Climate Controller which I was quoted by the dealer to be $380.00 for the part, talk about sticker shock for a fan switch, seems the only way you get the fan switch is to buy the whole assembly. A little searching I found several on E-Bay from used parts dealers for less than $50.00 including shipping and most guarrented the part for 90 days. I got mine for $23.50 shipping included, installed it and my fan works as good as it did in 2003 when I bought it. I have 130,000 miles on it and this is the only problem I have had with it. It still gets around 30MPG and no oil consumption or smoke. I am very happy with my Impala.
19694x4 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Impala | Impala SS