Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-13-2002, 12:54 AM   #1
Mugen660
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Mugen660
Arrow Might want to read this

All I'm going to say is that this link dosn't make you BMW drivers look to good.

http://www.bmwplanet.com/messageview...&threadid=6405

ha
Mugen660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 08:54 PM   #2
hermunn123
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hermunn123
ya, those people are.... idiots to say the least. but there are those kind of people everywhere, not just in bmw's. go to bimmerforums.com and there are some real drivers there. that's not the current URL for the site so ask Rob what the real one is, i don't have it right here.

Please impede from anathematizing me just because I elocute loquacious locutions more Brobdingnaging than one could elucidate with a perspicacity as Lilliputian as your own.
hermunn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 10:15 PM   #3
jinushaun
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jinushaun
So he can't drive a manual tranny, give the kid a break. Jeez! Nothing particularly BMW about it.

Jinushaun: Nation Leprechaun
jinushaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 08:21 AM   #4
EdgarFan659
AF Regular

At least he was asking for help... Although I don't know why someone would buy an expensive manual tranny car and not learn how to drive stick before getting in it.
EdgarFan659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 05:28 PM   #5
VDubBoy22
AF Newbie

I can sympathise with the poor guy. I remember what it was like the first time I drove a manual. Just because he's not as OLD as you don't make him a moron. I definatly don't think that this is purly a BMW thing. Why do you have to be a Player Hater? Get over yourself.
VDubBoy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 03:59 PM   #6
328isRob
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 328isRob
Quote:
Originally posted by hermunn123
ya, those people are.... idiots to say the least. but there are those kind of people everywhere, not just in bmw's. go to bimmerforums.com and there are some real drivers there. that's not the current URL for the site so ask Rob what the real one is, i don't have it right here.
It's back up and current.... FINALLY!
Old 01-15-2002, 04:01 PM   #7
328isRob
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 328isRob
Quote:
Originally posted by EdgarFan659
At least he was asking for help... Although I don't know why someone would buy an expensive manual tranny car and not learn how to drive stick before getting in it.
I asked Britney Spears the same thing after she fucked up that Ferrari... but she won't return my calls...
Old 01-15-2002, 04:56 PM   #8
3.5litermoose
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 3.5litermoose
I can understand if someone cant drive a stick, but not when that guy looked like he put tons of money into the car already. I bet his clutch is fried to the max. Anyways, stupidity like that exists in all types of car owners, not just BMW's.
Old 01-21-2002, 05:45 AM   #9
Mr_Root
AF Regular

Smile

Buahahahahahaha how stupid people can be.
But hey correct me if I'm wrong. Do all americans are taught to drive on an automatic gearshift cars?

Mr_Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 11:49 AM   #10
hermunn123
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hermunn123
you're wrong, so i'm correcting you. people are taught to drive on standards.

Please impede from anathematizing me just because I elocute loquacious locutions more Brobdingnaging than one could elucidate with a perspicacity as Lilliputian as your own.
hermunn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 03:02 PM   #11
3.5litermoose
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 3.5litermoose
Actually, all drivers education cars are automatics. So unless youve been taught by your parents on a stick, youll be learning 1st how to drive on a automatic.

I myself learned how to drive a stick right after recieving my learner permit (driving with a parent at all times for a year). Now, thats all i really want to drive, because automatics definately take the fun out of driving.
Old 01-21-2002, 07:43 PM   #12
dirty
AF Newbie

That person dose not deserve to own that car, if i saw him driving i would take his car and laugh at him!
Old 01-22-2002, 10:07 AM   #13
VDubBoy22
AF Newbie

You guys really don't pay attention do you. I'm a member of bmwplanet.com. If you had read farther down the post you would have seen that he just bought a new car. The car in his signature is a different car the car in the picture was an automatic.
If he has the money to buy a new BMW than all the more power to him. I know that I am working hard to buy a new car soon and it will be a BMW. I would look to my friends that could help me drive my BMW better. Yes I drive a stick I have since I've been driving but I still remember what it was like first trying to learn. I have also heard that the technique for getting the most power out of your BMW can be tricky at first.
I also this that if he had wanted your guys oppinion than he would have asked you guys but he didn't. He knew that if he went to BMWPlanet that his FRIENDS would help him out and not flame him.I don't think that it's fair that your bringing a post from another fourum just so you can talk behind his back. I have been a member here for a couple of months and everybody here doen't seem to have a clue or any respect for the other guy. It's too bad. I enjoy having a place to converse with like minded people about a pure passion in my life, and that's cars. I'm tired of all the b*tching that goes on here. If you want to b*tch than go to www.Imawhinybaby.com
VDubBoy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 11:40 AM   #14
dirty
AF Newbie

Yeh I rember when i first time i learned to drive a stick it was funny, i rember the first time my friend let me drive his 67 camaro, it was a stick and the car was the biggest car i had ever tried to drive, i rember not giving it enough gas and leaping back and forth and my fried in the passenger seat laughing at me. I didn't think he would let me drive because the car was worth so much money but he didn't care he thought it was funny. I dont mean to pick on or laugh at anybody but sometimes you cant help it