Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 10:59 PM   #1
Importboom
AF Enthusiast

Need help confused Choosing between cars?!?

Ok i kno theres alot of these out there and people get mad at them but im really confused on the subject and i have no idea what im getting into. First off i wanted a 1993 rx-7 but with sum research and sum looking into ive decided i dont think its the right car for me. Im young and not experienced in drving i will admit but that doesnt mean that people shld post up forums that burn you. so heres my real question, im in decision between a 1997- s-14 240sx rwd, or mayb a newer Integra, or even possibly an older lancer or wrx. Ive read alot about engine swaps in 240's but if its s-14 it doesnt need it right? And i was kind of hopefully looking for sum advice on these vehicles. i kno sumwhat about cars but if i could get sum one who can really tell me about these cars aminly the 240 i would be really appreciative. Like what to do wiht the engine and suspension on the 240 becus the rest of the mods are self reliant and tehy would b whatever i would like them to be. ill admit when i first got into cars i got swept up into the fast adn furious craze but not andy more, i have respect for a vehicle and i kno the limits that it shld b taken to. im not going to be an illegal underground street racer or anything liek that i just lvoe import tuning and i want a nice ride and sumthing stylish and performance worthy. and i belive a 240 would b it. so if i could get sum feed back in the positive form i would really be grateful thanks for any and all help
Old 11-30-2004, 11:38 PM   #2
drdisque
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to drdisque
Re: Need help confused Choosing between cars?!?

the S14 comes with the KA24DE, its an alright motor, but its not enough for alot of people and they swap in an SR20DET
2011 Mazda2 Touring

Past cars:
2007 Mazda 6S 5-door MT
1999 Ford Taurus SE Duratec
drdisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:43 PM   #3
nissan350ztt
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nissan350ztt Send a message via Yahoo to nissan350ztt

I thought a Acura Integra (DC4) would be a good project car just to mess around with. Get a B18C1 and build it up (GSR = B18C1). A Mazda RX7 would be cool if you got a LS1 swap. And a 240SX with either a SR20DET or RB26DETT would be cool. Out of all of them, I would say the 240SX or RX7. I'd take an RX7 over a 240SX though.
nissan350ztt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 04:57 PM   #4
Importboom
AF Enthusiast

ok for for the 240sx the SR20DET is the engine to go with about how much does thats cost and where would i find it and is that turbo or would you have to add a turbo ontop of the engine swap as well? also i heard the 240 chasis is really light weight or atleast balanced amazingly and i thought i read sumthing about a suspension mod that is really nice for the 240. Also Im confused on the whole name of the turbo thing i understand exactly how turbos work but the nams liek t04 and t03 and t02. what does that mean for lack of a better term. also what is a downpipe ive heard it used alot and i probably kno what it is but i can recall what exactly it is. ty for any and all info
Old 12-01-2004, 06:11 PM   #5
nissan350ztt
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nissan350ztt Send a message via Yahoo to nissan350ztt

SR20DET, the 'T' stands for turbo. So yes, it's already turbo'd. http://www.sunrisejdmmotors.com/engines.php 240SX's are good for drifting, they handle very well. Almost all, if not all, turbo's have a name, T3, T4, T51, etc...usually, the bigger the number, the bigger the turbo, but, it depends on what brand turbocharger it is. And most chassis are balanced well, as long as they are near 50/50. The downpipe joins the exhuast system to the exhaust manifold.
nissan350ztt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 06:15 PM   #6
drdisque
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to drdisque

the SR20DET comes with a turbo, it costs around $1500 for the engine and install can run anywhere from $500-$2000 depending on supply and demand in the area and how fast you want it done.

240SX's are fairly well balanced and fairly lightweight, they're not stars in either category but blend the two quite well.

The downpipe is the pipe in between the turbo and the catalytic converter (if you have one) or the exhaust flange (if you don't have a cat)
2011 Mazda2 Touring

Past cars:
2007 Mazda 6S 5-door MT
1999 Ford Taurus SE Duratec
drdisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:50 PM   #7
Importboom
AF Enthusiast

sweet guyz thnx a bunch that really helps me damn thats kewl hahah. im thinkin that is probbly going to b the car unless i fidn sumthign else,also this might sound stupid i saw a pretty nice like late 80's early 90's civic and the guy had it nicely tuned but i was just wondering what the spec types are on those old civics not good to buy too old bad shape problems becz thats really the only top uther car on my list that would possibly b a choice but its definately not thee top thnks for the info again and i have afew uther questions about the suspension on a 240 so if ne one has any info on its suspension feal free to post it thnx

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A