Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 09:56 PM   #1
dolphinsa87
AF Newbie

need help looking for good manual car

hey I am looking for a used car around 8 - 7k or lower but the thing is im gonna have to do financing or something like that beacuse the car I have right now is a 1998 oldsmbole intrigue with 240k miles on it. I went looking the other day and was thinking about and older civic ex but went and looked the dealership and all the had was manuals. I went and looked also at a manual saturn sc2 but my friend keeps telling me its not good not fast etc... but i really dont know anyone who has one. Im looking for something that is fast, reliable and i can mess around with like add parts to. I am proably going to be paying in monthly payments to and Im almost postitive a loan is out of the question also. so its just the dealrship financing but i want a 5spd that is fast and reliable.
dolphinsa87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 10:50 PM   #2
curtis73
Professional Ninja Killer

Re: need help looking for good manual car

If you are looking for fast, don't even think about a civic. On the average (depending on the driver) manual transmission cars are often quicker than their automatic siblings.

You can get "quick" imports, but don't fall into the sport-import fast and furious craze. Put it this way, for $7000 you could have a civic with a whopping 112 hp and no torque, or you could have a mid 90s Camaro that comes with V8 torque, 315 hp, rear wheel drive, and a six speed manual.

If you're looking for cheap transportation, you have to either think slow and reliable or fast and problematic. Fast and reliable usually takes more than $7000.

Hondas aren't fast. After $15,000 in modifications, they become "quick." Fast is reserved for rear wheel drive.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:37 AM   #3
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kman10587

First of all, how did that Oldsmobile pick up 240,000 miles in seven years?

Second of all, with $7,000, I wouldn't even think about a fast car, especially an import. You can get something quick and sporty for that price, but nothing really fast. My suggestions would be a mid-90's Acura Integra or Nissan 240SX.
kman10587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 06:34 AM   #4
dolphinsa87
AF Newbie

lol the olds got 240k cause my dad traveled between miami and jax and back every weekend for about 3 yrs
dolphinsa87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 01:51 AM   #5
kcap122
AF Enthusiast

chek out a early 90's e36 bmw. the 323/325 is a quick car, its got a big aftermarket from companies like dinan and schnitzer, and u cant beat the pimpin looks.

if ur into sushi, chek out a integra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91300zxtt
CLEARCHANNEL rules!!!!!!!, the concert hall i work for is owned by them.
kcap122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 02:38 AM   #6
ec437
AF Enthusiast

B.

M.

W.

look at findin' yourself a nice 1989-91 325is, or a 1995 325, 325i, or 325is if you can find a really good deal. As a last resort, buy a lexus; I got my 1991 ls400 for $5700 and its in absolutely awesome shape with 150,000 miles. Its pretty quick for a 4 door, 2 ton luxury sedan, I don't like the slushbox though. The 4.0 liter V8 packs around 250hp.

SoStAsSaId: and the flight attendant is cute... if i was a lesbian, i'd join the mile high club

<---call this number
ec437 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A