Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Impala | Impala SS
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 11:54 AM   #1
josephk300
AF Newbie

Cool FYI - Intermediate Steering Shaft (ISS) - re-design is in!

BIG FYI - My 01 Impala with 62K miles is going in for the ISS to be replaced with the new re-design. This has been a big complaint on many of the message boards I checked, and has caused more frustration than was ever necessary. A helpful dealer (oxymoron - I know, but there are some ones out there) told me to contact Chevy cust service (1-800-952-4368) and start a case number, and let them know my dissatisfaction issues. They didn't give much satisfaction, but contacted the dealer to find what had been done. Chevy cust service offered free labor and the cost of the re-lube kit (totally wrong fix anyway - just a band-aid). When I checked with the dealer, I was told forget the lube kit, the re-design part was in stock, and they would replace it at the warranty rate. I was instructed to call Chevy cust service and get an acknowledgment in order to submit the bill which would be reimbursed. The dealer said that this was a way of doing a "soft recall". To my surprise, the customer service rep (who was so unhelpful before) said to go the dealer and there would be no charge! A dealer that is closer to where I work (not the purchasing dealer) said they would only do the work for standard cost parts and labor. The service manager where I bought the vehicle disagrees - he said any dealer should at the minimum do the job at warranty cost, and that in any case, Chevy should reimburse the charges. Go out there and get some satisfaction!
josephk300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 09:17 PM   #2
micali
AF Regular

Re: FYI - Intermediate Steering Shaft (ISS) - re-design is in!

is there a part number for this new ISS,. what makes it better than the old one?
micali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 04:24 PM   #3
big_impala
AF Newbie

Could you tell us your case number?
I'd like to get mine fix too. Eventhough, my car is 2002 with 100K on it.
big_impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 09:43 PM   #4
josephk300
AF Newbie

Use the 800 number listed in the post to start your case number with Chevy customer service. It has to be something you start with customer service and then go to the dealer with. Not every dealer is going to be as cooperative as the one I'm dealing with.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:53 PM   #5
josephk300
AF Newbie

Re: Re: FYI - Intermediate Steering Shaft (ISS) - re-design is in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micali
is there a part number for this new ISS,. what makes it better than the old one?
Just got the car back from the dealer - we'll see how this new re-design behaves. The service manager didn't have specifics on what was different, other than a material change, and maybe a coating used. The FP number on the service order is 10376430, and under Description is a "Shaft 6.524"

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Impala | Impala SS