Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Eclipse Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 08:26 PM   #16
boostjunkie333
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to boostjunkie333
Re: Vacuum Problem

awesome...looks liek i know wher emy next few paychecks are gonna go lol

thanks!

also, that gauge i posted a link for, comes with a o2 sensor, are they universal? or car specific?
Hahn stage IV S16G-Portfueler w/400cc inj-1:1 Aeromotive FPR-Split sec fuel controller-Walbro 255lph FP-240cc inj-Hahn fuel mapper-JE pistons(8.1:1)-Total Seal rings-Eagle rods-ARP studs-AEM filter-C&R radiator-Hahn 3''downpipe & cat-Thermal Eng. 3''catback-LUK clutch & flywheel-Eibach springs-Eibach offset bushings-KYB GR2 struts-Strut bars-Lower rear tie bar-GReddy boost controller-Apexi T timer-Powerslot rotors-Gloshift gauges
boostjunkie333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:34 PM   #17
TheBobsHere
AF Regular

If you're gonna replace the sensor in your car you need to get a setup that will emulate the factory sensor (like the PLX or the LM1). Other than that you just need to add another bung for the wideband sensor.
TheBobsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:44 PM   #18
boostjunkie333
AF Enthusiast

ohh ok i understand now.

i didnt understand that you add to, not replace the original sensor

i get it, so you weld this one in, and it wires straight to the control box that comes with the gauge kit....

cool, thanks!!
Hahn stage IV S16G-Portfueler w/400cc inj-1:1 Aeromotive FPR-Split sec fuel controller-Walbro 255lph FP-240cc inj-Hahn fuel mapper-JE pistons(8.1:1)-Total Seal rings-Eagle rods-ARP studs-AEM filter-C&R radiator-Hahn 3''downpipe & cat-Thermal Eng. 3''catback-LUK clutch & flywheel-Eibach springs-Eibach offset bushings-KYB GR2 struts-Strut bars-Lower rear tie bar-GReddy boost controller-Apexi T timer-Powerslot rotors-Gloshift gauges
Old 08-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #19
SilvrEclipse
Holset powered 420a

Send a message via AIM to SilvrEclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostjunkie333 View Post
ohh ok i understand now.

i didnt understand that you add to, not replace the original sensor

i get it, so you weld this one in, and it wires straight to the control box that comes with the gauge kit....

cool, thanks!!

This is correct.
Megasquirt 2 - Holset HY35 Turbo - Built motor - P&P Head and Intake - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - Aeromotive AFPR - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Zoom clutch - 13" Cobra Front Brakes - AEM WB - Devilsown meth injection - 3.55 Final Drive gear ratio

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i - DD
SilvrEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:19 PM   #20
boostjunkie333
AF Enthusiast

silvr, may i ask, what kind of data logger do you use? im shopping online...
Old 08-12-2009, 11:22 PM   #21
david-b
Dave is THAT guy

Send a message via AIM to david-b Send a message via MSN to david-b Send a message via Yahoo to david-b

Quote:
silvr, may i ask, what kind of data logger do you use? im shopping online...
MegaSquirt logs everything.

75 Monte Carlo
SBC 400 6.6L, Aluminum heads, Hurricane Intake...

12 Chevy Sonic 1LZ 1.8L - Traded
01 Pontiac Grand Am SE - RIP
95 Eagle Talon ESi-T 5spd - RIP
88 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera- RIP
david-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:54 AM   #22
boostjunkie333
AF Enthusiast

megasquirt makes JUST a data logger? bc i already have a means of tuning fuel and all so i just need a handheld logger...

ill look into it when i get outta class today, im late right now, hha

but thanks
Old 08-13-2009, 12:58 PM   #23
LandoAWD
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to LandoAWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBobsHere View Post
If you're gonna replace the sensor in your car you need to get a setup that will emulate the factory sensor (like the PLX or the LM1). Other than that you just need to add another bung for the wideband sensor.
Partially correct. Many sensors require 36" of pipe before the WB02.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:27 PM   #24
SilvrEclipse
Holset powered 420a

No megasquirt is the ECU. I log everything thats its doing. If you want to run logs you will have to get an obd2 datalogger since your are piggybacking the stock ECU.
Megasquirt 2 - Holset HY35 Turbo - Built motor - P&P Head and Intake - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - Aeromotive AFPR - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Zoom clutch - 13" Cobra Front Brakes - AEM WB - Devilsown meth injection - 3.55 Final Drive gear ratio

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
2001 BMW 325i - DD
Old 08-13-2009, 08:21 PM   #25
boostjunkie333
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvrEclipse View Post
No megasquirt is the ECU. I log everything thats its doing. If you want to run logs you will have to get an obd2 datalogger since your are piggybacking the stock ECU.

now it makes since...lol

thanks man
Old 08-13-2009, 09:19 PM   #26
TheBobsHere
AF Regular

"Many sensors require 36" of pipe before the WB02"
From what I've seen between 24" and the cat is pretty much normal. Even then you could actually mount it closer if you use a heat sink and if you wrapped your headers it should be mounted further down stream, it all depends on the heat coming through the exhaust. Depending on the mfg the top temp for the uego is somewhere around 800*-900*f, so really it all depends on your car's setup. Also, if you're replacing the OEM sensors you need to place them in the stock location or the AFR will be off and it'll trip a code as the computer is looking for an AFR change within a certain amount of time from adjusting the fuel ratio.
TheBobsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:50 PM   #27
ned032002
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
det can
Never heard of one of these before, did some searching and found a decent write up, here's the link
http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?t=295450
ned032002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:43 AM   #28
boostjunkie333
AF Enthusiast

damn i was just at lowes today...ill go back this weekend...i can spare 30 bucks to make this little gizmo..even though i cant quite tune yet...

Old 08-15-2009, 08:19 AM   #29
SilvrEclipse
Holset powered 420a

You look stupid as hell wearing them but they work awesome. I actually made some electric ones with a mic and an old computer speak amp. So now I can wear headphones and adjust the volume. Its great. The only problem with the hose is that its hard to turn your head. Get the most flexible stuff you can find and you will be alright.

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
2001 BMW 325i - DD
Old 08-15-2009, 09:48 AM   #30
boostjunkie333
AF Enthusiast

thats the coolest thing ive ever heard...lol

if you wouldnt mind...whenver you get a free minute, could you go into detail a bit more about how you made the elec. one? id like to make that myself...

not to steal your idea or anything lol

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis