Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Efffffffffff

So I posted a thread on 3sgto. I only know of two of you here, that are over there (off the top of my head at least), so I will copy the start of the thread here with the latest updates that I have.

Quote:
I went and got winter treads for the car as soon as I got off work. I then went and got a hair cut and picked up some things from Wal Mart. Upon leaving Wal Mart I was headed to the mall to pick some things up, but I didnt make it there. I made the turn onto State Route 40 in Uniontown here and as soon as I made the turn and started to accellerate I see something in the road. Its too late.

I ran over it and it was dragging under the car as I was attempting to get off the road.

Apparently this was a beveler for metal piping. It fell off of this guys truck basically right in front of me. I got off the road and saw oil pouring everywhere. :sad: I'm not even sure how much damage is done underneath yet. I had to jack the car up with my factory jack just to get this thing unstuck from under the car. I was getting covered in oil as I did so.

It also cracked the side of my bumper cover.

Luckily the guy stopped and was very apologetic. He called the police himself, but they told him to just exchange info with me. I already filed my claim. I had to have the car towed to the house since no shops were open. I am gonna try to jack it up in the morning to see if I can see any major damage to oil pan, oil filter housing, or whatever. If its significant, I am just going to let the insurance take care of it and have it taken to a shop. If its something easy, I will just fix it myself and get payment for the bumper.

Oh yeah, in case you don't know what a beveler is, it looks like this

Since I made that post Friday night the car was again towed, this time to a body shop in Morgantown, WV to let insurance handle it. I also found where the whole underside of the bumper cover is busted up.

Now for the other news. I got a call from the shop today and upon returning the call the guy told me that with the info he gave to State Farm that they told him to kick it out of the "Service First" program and they would send an adjuster to look at it.

To me that does not sound too good.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:07 AM   #2
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TorchedStealth
Re: Efffffffffff

Damn man sorry to hear about the accident. Hopefully it all gets sorted out in a timely manner
2005 Saturn Ion Redline - Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors|E85|Harrop TVS1320 Blower|2.9" pulley|3" Intake|Vibrant Header and catless Downpipe|Hahn 3" catback|N2MB Wot Box w/2-step and no-lift shift|Cobra Heat Exchanger|Hurst STS|Ottp Stage 1 trans mounts|AEM EUGO Wideband|Aeroforce Interceptor|HPTuners (self tuned)|Mop Top Pros Carbon Fiber badges|B&G Springs
TorchedStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:20 PM   #3
Dreamspawn
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Dreamspawn Send a message via MSN to Dreamspawn

Maybe a total out?? Wish you the best of luck
Old 12-22-2010, 08:25 PM   #4
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Thats what its possbily looking like. I hope to know more soon.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:07 PM   #5
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Well, the car is not being totalled thankfully. They replaced the oil pan and gave it an oil change. They are fighting me on replacing the front bumper, but I can drive it the way it sits. I can't pick the car up until Monday though, due to the holidays.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:59 PM   #6
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

I picked the car up yesterday. Made a little bit of a smoke show at first from burning all the oil off the exhaust but its drivable so thats all that matters right now.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:49 PM   #7
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TorchedStealth

Glad she is still driveable!
2005 Saturn Ion Redline - Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors|E85|Harrop TVS1320 Blower|2.9" pulley|3" Intake|Vibrant Header and catless Downpipe|Hahn 3" catback|N2MB Wot Box w/2-step and no-lift shift|Cobra Heat Exchanger|Hurst STS|Ottp Stage 1 trans mounts|AEM EUGO Wideband|Aeroforce Interceptor|HPTuners (self tuned)|Mop Top Pros Carbon Fiber badges|B&G Springs
TorchedStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:50 PM   #8
sLADe781
AF Enthusiast

Good to hear it's gonna be okay...now what about the bumper? Are they gonna replace/get that fixed as well!?!
sLADe781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:10 PM   #9
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

I'm gonna see what the grand total they offer me is before I argue too much more on the bumper. All I care about is I am driving the car again. I'm hoping things go my way and around the end of January I will be able to pick up another car so I can park the Stealth and work on it to restore it.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:40 PM   #10
toddrs93
AF Newbie

I think you got lucky, we had an EVO one time that ran over a similar tool of sorts and it smashed the front mount and actually caught the bottom of the oil filter and broke the oil filter housing in half
toddrs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:44 PM   #11
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Definitely got lucky. That was what I had thought happened at first. My car sits too low and it was too dark for me to see much of anything when it happened.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:13 PM   #12
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Just thought I should update everyone. I finally was cut a check from insurance. I guess my bitching about them not wanting to pay for the front bumper paid off. They cut me a check for $920.10 and I got it last week.

I put it in savings since the car is drivable as is. I'm going to end up using that money as well as money from the sale of a 92 RT and my tax refund to pick up a newer car so I can park the Stealth for now.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth