Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > ZX2
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 05:18 PM   #1
blvd_cruiser
AF Newbie

Any input welcome

I have a 99 ZX2 thursday on the way home from work my batt light came on .....figured with 200,000 miles altenator went out stopped at autozone picked up a reman.....put it on and it wasn't charging.....took it back and bought a new one put it on and it didn't charge took it back a got another new one still no charge ....I can't believe three altnators are bad.....checked all my fuses all good...checked all connections .....all look good....so what do you think?
Ohhh and that little one wire plug in what is it for......check for power at all connections with test light and only the center one where it plugs into reg has no power.
thanks Tony
blvd_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:53 PM   #2
v_lestat
AF Newbie

Re: Any input welcome

how did you check if it was charging? did you have the auto parts store get their battery tester out and plug it onto the positive and negative battery terminals to check if it was charging?

you should replace the battery too just in case. if a battery is completely and utterly dead a new alternator wont help.

can you jump start the car?
does the car start ok if you do?

i had a 95 S-10 that did the same thing and all it was, was the battery, i thought the battery was fine but even letting it idle and charge for over an hour would not charge the battery at all.

once i replaced the battery it was fine.
v_lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:19 PM   #3
blvd_cruiser
AF Newbie

Re: Any input welcome

Ok found the problem .......one of the alt wires had a break in it .......repaired it and all is fine.
blvd_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > ZX2