Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 08:06 PM   #1
sarinasangel
AF Newbie

Question Keyless entry programming for 1999 Pontiac Grand Am GT?

I just bought 2 new keyless entry remotes for my 1999 Pontiac Grand Am GT, and I need to know how to program them. If anyone knows how to do this, I would appreciate the help...
sarinasangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 06:43 PM   #2
mitchy_v
AF Newbie

guess what I found

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have the programming procedure for programming keyless entry for the 99 grand am.....

Transmitter Programming:

1)With the driver door closed, hold down the power unlock button on the door panel.
2)Turn the ignition switch to the ON position
3)Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position
4)Turn the ignition switch to the ON position
5)Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position
6)Release the power unlock button on the door panel.
The remote control door lock reciever will respond in the following manner in order to indicate that the receiver is in the programming mode:

6.1)Locking the doors
6.2)Unlocking the doors

IMPORTANT:
All extra transmitters must be programmed at this time. When a new transmitter is programmed it will deactivate the old transmitters.

7)Hold down the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter until the remote control door lock reciever will respond in the following manner:

7.1)Locking the doors
7.2)Unlocking the doors
Repeat step 7 for each additional transmitter
9) Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming mode.

There... your little GM secret is finally known... Now can someone out there start posting these program codes for the rest of us! Hope this helps....

P.S.
your welcome
mitchy_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 02:41 PM   #3
sarinasangel
AF Newbie

This did not work....?

I tried to do it, but it did not work... I tried several times, but no luck... Nothing happened... Is there something missing?
sarinasangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 03:39 PM   #4
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

Send a message via AIM to Shortbus
This is why it don't work. This is one you need a scan tool for. Stupid Idea. The procedures are different for each car, and model year, the one mitch supplied looks like the one for older silverado trucks, not sure though.

Transmitter Programming
A remote door lock receiver may have up to 4 different transmitters programmed. You may program a transmitter to more than 1 vehicle providing the remote keyless entry systems are similar. When reprogramming 1 transmitter, reprogram any and all other transmitters (maximum of 4 total per receiver) at the same time in order for the other transmitters to work.

Important
Leave a window down in the vehicle while reprogramming the remote control door lock receiver system. This procedure will avoid an unintentional lock out if the reprogramming is not performed properly.

Turn off the ignition.
Utilize a Tech 2 to program the remote door lock receiver.
Enter diagnostics (F0).
Enter body (F1); select the year (X) and body style (N).
Select "Remote Function Actuation" (F3).
Select "Special Functions" (F2).
Select "Program Transmitters" (F0).
Select the number of transmitters to program (1-4)
Follow the on-screen instructions; press continue, wait for the locks to cycle, hold the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously for 15-30 seconds, the locks will cycle again.
Exit the vehicle. Attempt to lock/unlock the doors to verify the programming.
Perform the following steps if the above procedure does not program the transmitter.
Reconnect the Tech 2.
Enter service programming (F1).
Press the "REQUEST INFO" key.
Select "Reprogram Existing Module"
Exit the vehicle and remove the Tech 2.
Follow the existing procedure to reflash the body control module.
© Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Document ID # 338176
1999 Pontiac Grand Am
Shortbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 08:52 PM   #5
DeDe
AF Newbie

works for 2000 and late 1999

Document ID # 633094
2001 Pontiac Grand Am
Transmitter Programming

Important
Once the remote control door lock receiver enters the programming/diagnostic mode, the programming of the first transmitter erases all previous transmitter programming information. You must then program all of the transmitters.

Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry programming/diagnostic mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle.

Up to 4 transmitters may be programmed.

Transmitter Programming Procedure (Method 1 - No Tools Required)
To program the transmitters, perform the following procedure while seated in the vehicle driver's seat:

Close all the vehicle doors.
Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
Press and hold unlock on the door lock switch.

Important
To successfully enter the keyless entry programming/diagnostic mode, steps 4 through 6 must be completed within 25 seconds of pressing the door unlock switch.

While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, insert and remove the ignition key twice. Do not rotate the ignition lock cylinder.
Insert the ignition key a third time leaving the key in the ignition lock cylinder. The ignition must remain in the LOCK position for the rest of the procedure.
Release the door lock switch. The chime will sound three chimes to signal that transmitter programming/diagnostic mode is active.
Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons at the same time on the keyless entry transmitter for approximately 4 seconds. The chime will sound two times to signal that the transmitter has been programmed successfully.
Repeat step 7 for the rest of the transmitters (for a total of 4 transmitters).
To exit the transmitter programming/diagnostic mode perform either of the following:
Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position.
Remove the ignition key from the ignition switch.
Transmitter Programming Procedure (Method 2 - Scan Tool Required)
Perform the following steps in order to program the remote control door lock transmitters to the remote control door lock receiver using the scan tool:

Install a scan tool.
Turn the ignition ON, with the engine OFF.
Use the scan tool in order to access the Body Control Module (BCM) Special Function: Program Key Fobs menu.
Follow the directions on the scan tool in order to program the transmitters.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation. Refer to Keyless Entry System Operation
© Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 09:03 PM   #6
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

Does that really work for the 2000 and 1999 models?
Have you tried it, I would like to know.
Old 01-21-2003, 09:38 PM   #7
DeDe
AF Newbie

yes i did tried it and it's works

just you need wait 10-15 sec not 4
"Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons at the same time on the keyless entry transmitter for approximately 4 seconds"

FCC ID: KOBUT1BT
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 09:41 PM   #8
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

I stand corrected then. Thanks for the good info
Old 03-25-2003, 01:45 PM   #9
jessicarenaejones
AF Newbie

Exclamation instructional liars

Do not go through the processes of locking... unlocking... turning keys... and pushing buttons... the truth is, I have a Grand Am too.. and I asked these guys for help for the same problem... they had me sitting out in my car doing all sorts of things that didnt work. Whoever the guy is that said that you need a Tech2 scan tool, he is telling the truth. I talked to my dealer, and he said that if I paid for an oil change($20) that he would program them for free. So ask around and find any GM dealer.. some of them are as nice as the one that i talked to. Now, I have WORKING keyless entry and didnt have to pay anything for it...
good luck:flash:
Old 10-13-2005, 02:45 AM   #10
Beaurhen2000
AF Newbie

Re: Keyless entry programming for 1999 Pontiac Grand Am GT?

does anyone have the instructions for programming keyless entry for a 2002 grand am GT1?
Beaurhen2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 07:39 PM   #11
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

Re: Keyless entry programming for 1999 Pontiac Grand Am GT?

Hello Beaurhen2000, I take it you didnt see the programing remotes on the top of the GA home page, this was dead as hell thread...
Heres the link. http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=173306
Good Luck