Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > Eldorado
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 12:25 PM   #1
dale71
AF Newbie

snap on mt2500 cartridge questionHi

Hi I purchased a supposedly never used snap on mt 2500 on ebay. It was supposed to do up to 2001 on the primary and troubleshooter. When I received it it has a through 1999 primary and a 2001 t/s. I havent been able to contact the seller yet, But can a thru 2001 primary be used If I decide to keep the unit and have her refund me the money to get the cartidge
(125 on ebay). The unit looks unused and it says copyright 1988 1999 on the display. I know I can call snap on but there're closed today and I am highly pissed right now. In other words are all mt2500's regarless of year made, able to accept any year cartridges available? Thanks, Dale
dale71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 01:41 PM   #2
MT-2500
AF - Advisor

Re: snap on mt2500 cartridge questionHi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale71
Hi I purchased a supposedly never used snap on mt 2500 on ebay. It was supposed to do up to 2001 on the primary and troubleshooter. When I received it it has a through 1999 primary and a 2001 t/s. I havent been able to contact the seller yet, But can a thru 2001 primary be used If I decide to keep the unit and have her refund me the money to get the cartidge
(125 on ebay). The unit looks unused and it says copyright 1988 1999 on the display. I know I can call snap on but there're closed today and I am highly pissed right now. In other words are all mt2500's regarless of year made, able to accept any year cartridges available? Thanks, Dale
Welcome to your first post on AF.

Unless it is a real old scanner it can be used with any cartage you plug in.
But just one TS and one primary at a time.
It will also read newer OBD11 with a older primary catage.
But first check your primary cartiage and see if it has not had a newer prom installed.
Or if it will read 00-01 manf systems.
Some cartages will say up to 99 on the back of them and have been updated to 00-01 but the sticker on the back has not been changed.

The 01 primary will read V 7.1 when you fire it up.
The 99 primary will read V 6.7 when you fire it up.

If the 99 primary cartage keep it because the 01 cartiage I have will only do 96-01 domestic cars.
You will need both for early cars and up to 01.
Good luck

MT

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > Eldorado