Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Brakes and Suspension
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 07:58 PM   #31
JoeShmoe
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to JoeShmoe
Re: 95 Eagle Talon Rear Suspension Need Help ASAP

Damn Garrett, your posts almost amount to Dustins!
Old 08-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #32
eclipseRsT209
AF Newbie

i have 96 eclipse rs with 150,000 miles and hav the same problem car fishtails and on like crazy but only on bumps and road elevation changes
and on right turns at high speeds like on the freeway.i also think it might be the bushing and what not also it has somthin to do with the rear alingment.but i could be wrong if anyone else has any info please help
eclipseRsT209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:39 AM   #33
bravo44mag
AF Newbie

I had the same problem, but it was in the front and i had discovered that the lower control arm was bent, also the camber was way off. If i were you I would take it and see if you can get and alignment, and they will look for loose or bent parts. My college teacher says that cars don't steer in the front it's the rear that does the steering, if you understand that at all.
bravo44mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:42 PM   #34
Black99GST
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Black99GST

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo44mag View Post
I had the same problem, but it was in the front and i had discovered that the lower control arm was bent, also the camber was way off. If i were you I would take it and see if you can get and alignment, and they will look for loose or bent parts. My college teacher says that cars don't steer in the front it's the rear that does the steering, if you understand that at all.
Professor? College Professor? camber wouldn't have an effect like this. all camber does is lean the tires to run on the inside (or outside if you wanted...) running with 3* negative camber (inside sidewall) will actually IMPROVE drive ability, cornering, as well as wheel response... this is that "driving on rails" feeling. but its going to eat tires for breakfast. (though i have seen unusually long tire life from guys running aggressive camber lately.)

as for the problem you guys are having with the rear of the car swinging out on you, it has been said at least 5 times prior to this post. has ANYONE experiencing this problem even looked at the bushings holding the rear suspension together? my money is on finding the problem here.
Black99GST is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Brakes and Suspension