Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 08:17 PM   #46
fatninja19
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to fatninja19
the chinese people mover currently has a little over 147k miles on her... the trans was replaced at around 135. butt man, the trans is weeeak!
Old 09-16-2002, 11:10 PM   #47
NoMotive
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to NoMotive
Your Van that brown\tan color by chance?
and its Still Clean
Old 09-19-2002, 10:02 PM   #48
blowngsr
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to blowngsr
All i know is when my gsr was pretty much stock it would beat 94-98 5-0's 2 to 3 cars by 70 mph. It would kick the shit out V-6's. All it had done was intake, header, exhaust, camgears, and a home made test pipe. That is pretty much stock no internals, no new manifold. It ran 14.3@97 on the steel 14's with 40$ firestone 185/60/14's. So i know a gsr has much more potential than most people speculate.:flamer:

00 GSR/JRSC/ICEMANCAI/DCHEADER/TESTPIPE/TANAUBEEXH/SKUNK2CAMGRS/street tires&11psi=13.6@105
Old 09-20-2002, 12:43 AM   #49
pinyoot4you
AF Enthusiast

don't worry man, you will beat the v6 mustang...if you are stock or not, you will beat him...you will murder him on high speeds, they are especially slow up top

Old 09-20-2002, 10:17 AM   #50
kidrocket
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kidrocket
the last V6 i raced, i rolled on him going up a hill in my torqueless car. youll do fine. but this is an old ass thread, so youve had ample time to race. id like to see some results
Old 09-29-2002, 12:31 AM   #51
00-stang
AF Newbie

2000 Mustang V6 actual times

I own a 2000 Mustang V6 it is an automatic. I run at the track every week and I get beat by ricers quite often (no offense). My fastest time stock was a 16.01. I am running a 100 shot now and run in the high 13's to low 14's. I ran tonight and lost to an Acura Integra Type R he ran 14.1 and I ran 14.4 I also lost to an Eclipse I ran 14.5 and he ran a 13.1!! obviously not stock, anyway, I just read that the you thought the Maxima was a strong V6? Why is that when I was running bone stock I beat a 2002 Maxima 16.1 to a 16.5? We have different tastes in cars but I wouldn't be so cocky about beating on the pony's you NEVER know what they are hiding in their saddles :-)
Old 09-29-2002, 08:39 AM   #52
clatescivicr
AF Enthusiast

that maxima driver must have been a horrible driver. the 2oo2 maximas are faster than that.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:19 PM   #53
StangMan
AF Regular

Being a huge mustang fan, I have to agree about people always thinking they can beat Mustangs. The V6 mustang has alot more torque and power than people give it credit. They can easilly be modified to run just as fast as other modified cars. I get tired of people in modified honda's talking sh_t about Mustangs. I don't get a bonner if I out run a stock civic. Not all mustangs are fast, not all are modified, not all run the 1\4 in the same time, but for some reason people race one idiot with a mustang and they think they can beat all mustangs. I guess as a mustang fan, I should be pleased that people feel the need to brag so heavily about beating a mustang. After all it is something to be proud of.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:38 PM   #54
clatescivicr
AF Enthusiast

People brag about beating a V6 Stang?

Civics are a lot more reliable than a stang...

I dont mind a V8 manual Stangs but come on...v6 auto is just buying it for the look and if someone brags about one when its not modified to be fast...they have issues..

And I have friends with Mustangs and I think the newer ones look nice but their just not me.

Quote:
Originally posted by StangMan
Being a huge mustang fan, I have to agree about people always thinking they can beat Mustangs. The V6 mustang has alot more torque and power than people give it credit. They can easilly be modified to run just as fast as other modified cars. I get tired of people in modified honda's talking sh_t about Mustangs. I don't get a bonner if I out run a stock civic. Not all mustangs are fast, not all are modified, not all run the 1\4 in the same time, but for some reason people race one idiot with a mustang and they think they can beat all mustangs. I guess as a mustang fan, I should be pleased that people feel the need to brag so heavily about beating a mustang. After all it is something to be proud of.
Old 09-29-2002, 10:17 PM   #55
StangMan
AF Regular

I agree they have issues, I don't think they are fast, but I also don't think civics, preludes, accords are fast either. I just get tired of hearing people argue over whats faster. If you want to be fast, then buy a car that was made to go fast. Don't argue over slightly modified slow cars beating slow stock V6 mustang. You can modify anything and beat any stock car. I'm just saying don't brag about it. Brag about how much time you cut off your 1\4.:frog:
Old 09-30-2002, 07:48 AM   #56
00-stang
AF Newbie

Buying for the look?

Clate,
Why would you say the only reason someone would buy a V6 auto mustang is for the look? I am sure people like the look and that is one reason to buy and maybe for some the only reason. Why would you buy a Honda Civic? For the look? They look like grocery getter to me. Granted you can buy body kits wings etc, to make them look sporty, but a Mustang looks sporty from the factory right? Ok, so here we stand, you have a grocery getter and I have a sports car. Now, you are going to spend alot of money to make your car look fast, while I am spending money making my car go fast (it already looks fast :silly2: ). You act like a V6 Mustang is a slow, family car, only the V8 is worthy...A stock V6 Mustang can beat a stock Civic anywhere anytime. A GT is in a totally different class it will kill a stock Civic. My point is if you want to talk about a V6 Mustang being a fluff, you should be driving a Viper or Porsche etc... you are not thinking straight. You drive a 4 cyl. economy car, you have no right to bash a 2+2 seat 6 cyl sports car. It may not be blistering fast stock but I know your car is not either and your car is a family car stock the Mustang is not. Through this post I said your car is....I am talking about the make not your personal car, just trying to make a point about how your logic tyou are bassackward. I have a V6 auto mustang and I bought it to make it fast, no one expects a V6 auto to beat a GT, unless that V6 auto is mine, I like that feeling.:smoker2: I guess I did buy it for the look, it looks like a "slow" Mustang but runs like a raped ape.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:34 AM   #57
clatescivicr
AF Enthusiast

The reason why I would buy a civic is because there very reliable and have a great resale value I dont think you need to buy full body kits and wings to make a car look like a sports car. A simple lip kit, wheels, and drop and your set. I don't consider a *stock* V6 auto mustang a "sports" car. I cant remember what there 1/4 is but its high 15s or low 16s right? A stock integra gsr could beat it. I could spend no more than 1k and have an engine with low mileage and be able to beat your "sports" car. Did I ever say what cars I owned? How do you know I don't own another car and that my civic is my beater car? Currently it is my only car but there is no point of buying a car now when winter is coming shortly so I won't be able to drive my next car in the winter. When I think of a sports car I think of a Cobra, Supra TT, RX-7 TT, Corvette, Viper, Ferrari, Porsche, etc. I don't think of a V6 automatic stang. But the thing is my car ISN'T considered a sports car and its very reliable and for 1,000 I could beat your "sports car" and still be very reliable. And sorry if this sounds like I'm coming at you but I'm not I'm just sick of stock V6 auto stangs thinging they are the greatest in the world, but since yours is modified I have respect for you and that it is fast. Have you been to the track with it? I had a friend who had a 89 auto(99% sure it was) v8 stang that ran 11s. What do you have done to yours?
Old 09-30-2002, 08:42 AM   #58
00-stang
AF Newbie

I have Nitrous on my car now, I am running a 100 shot and run in the low 14's with lots of wheel spin, I also have a shift kit in it so I spin too much in second also. I agree that a V6 stang in not in anyway a true sports car it just looks like other true sports cars (Cobra). What I was saying was that a Civic doesn't look like a sports car (to me) people have different tastes though. In the end though I have to tell you I am very disappointed in my engine it is slow without the help of Nitrous, it ran 16.01 with the shift kit, which is faster than any stock V6 auto or manual I've seen run. So I am getting a new engine soon, ordered it said it would be ready in under 4wks, that was in June so it has been 4 mos that sucks. What do you run at the track?
Old 09-30-2002, 09:54 AM   #59
clatescivicr
AF Enthusiast

I've actually never brought my car to the track since I only have intake and exhaust done and I know that doesn't do anything other than make it "sound" like it has power. I also don't wanna take the chance of messing up my car at the track. I've had different plans for it but since its an ex coupe its one of the heaviest civics, so I think I might sell it for a hatch and do a swap and boost. But I'm still deciding though. Yeah I'll admit the civics don't "look" like a sports car and the hatchbacks look more like a road race car. Which engine are you getting? Good luck on your car!
Old 10-03-2002, 08:46 PM   #60
fatninja19
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to fatninja19
00-Stang: what motor did you order??? and what kind of tires do you have? the stock pieces of trash?? damn.. you run 100 shot? thats a good amount of n2o. What type of nitrous set up do you use? wet or dry? and when do you squeeze?

hot rod magazine featured this s/c v6 stang that ran faster than a n/a cobra and was also cheaper to build than the cobra. the v6 was out of a f150 though.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing