Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Impala | Impala SS
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 11:42 AM   #61
bermis519
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to bermis519 Send a message via MSN to bermis519 Send a message via Yahoo to bermis519
I did do a tune up on it...i changed the plugs, wires, the fuel filter, did an oil change on it.....and it's still fricking doing it...i think i'm going to take it in and have them clean out the fuel rail and the injectors.....

mike
bermis519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 08:46 PM   #62
impalaguy2
AF Newbie

Re: All the problems i have had.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermis519
I did do a tune up on it...i changed the plugs, wires, the fuel filter, did an oil change on it.....and it's still fricking doing it...i think i'm going to take it in and have them clean out the fuel rail and the injectors.....

mike
is it a hard shake, if you stand at the light with your foot on the pedal, do you feel hard shakes or it is a very mild barely noticeable vibrations?
every car vibrate lightly from time to time, but hard shakes or sever misfire will light up your check engine light immediately.
it will also cause all kind of other symptoms like rotten egg smell, wierd shifts etc.....
please let me know what your shop found....
impalaguy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 01:52 PM   #63
Pat_OD
AF Enthusiast

"The head of GM do as much with the cars being built as the janitors cleaning the factory. They sit around counting their paychecks." Thats bull Death they are the ones that decide if chevy will use the intake manifold that is 30 cents cheaper and will fail after a while or the ones that are 30 cents more expensive and will last. I know thats what they did with the intake manifold problem these cars are having. It may not be 30 cents but can you imagine even 30 cents times how many cars they made. Fuck GM i went to the local dealership to get a part and a dealer came up to me and said if i'd like to get a new chevy i was like "yea like i'll ever buy one of these pieces of shit again, fuck off go sell this shit to some1 else." The manager came over and asked what the problem was and i went off on a 10 min binge on how i hate GM. After that i went to go get engine mounts and they said it would take 7 days. 7 fucking days I said! i went to miller brothers GM and got the mounts later that day. Screw GM what the fuck beside the corvette do they produce here in the US? I know the engines for the corvette are made in canada. I think some1 asked why companies dont make some automobiles here im pretty sure its because with taxes and whatnot its for more expensive.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:29 PM   #64
impalaguy2
AF Newbie

Re: Re: All the problems i have had.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_OD
"The head of GM do as much with the cars being built as the janitors cleaning the factory. They sit around counting their paychecks." Thats bull Death they are the ones that decide if chevy will use the intake manifold that is 30 cents cheaper and will fail after a while or the ones that are 30 cents more expensive and will last. I know thats what they did with the intake manifold problem these cars are having. It may not be 30 cents but can you imagine even 30 cents times how many cars they made. Fuck GM i went to the local dealership to get a part and a dealer came up to me and said if i'd like to get a new chevy i was like "yea like i'll ever buy one of these pieces of shit again, fuck off go sell this shit to some1 else." The manager came over and asked what the problem was and i went off on a 10 min binge on how i hate GM. After that i went to go get engine mounts and they said it would take 7 days. 7 fucking days I said! i went to miller brothers GM and got the mounts later that day. Screw GM what the fuck beside the corvette do they produce here in the US? I know the engines for the corvette are made in canada. I think some1 asked why companies dont make some automobiles here im pretty sure its because with taxes and whatnot its for more expensive.
???????????????????
first off how is that suppose to help us solve problems in here?
very interesting information...?!?
engine mounts at the dealer...... 7 days one place, afternoon next place...
what tha heck are you talking about.
give that damn car to your local mechanic and i bet it will be ready in 2 hours. what planet do you live on??????
this is one dumb ass story...
customers coming to my shop once in a while for engine mount jobs,
all kind of car brands.. never took me more than half an hour to get the parts..and i dont care if it is a GM, Chrysler, Toyota, Nissam etc... well unless you live somewhere in the desert i cant see where you came up with this stupid story.....

take care and have a great day pal
Old 06-10-2005, 04:31 PM   #65
Pat_OD
AF Enthusiast

Why must you be so hostile towards me? I was having a bad day went to the first dealership got pissed off at the salesman and manager. Then i ventured over the to parts counter they didnt have the mounts they said 7 days. What the fuck do you want me to say, i dont know why it would take them 7 fucking days thats why i went to a different dealer who had them in stock. Whats so hard to understand about that? And also what do you mean that won't help us solve the problem? The heads of GM are the ones that decide what goes into your car, how much it costs, and if its of good quality. They are the fucking problem dipshit. Fuck You, PAL
Old 06-10-2005, 10:51 PM   #66
impalaguy2
AF Newbie

Quote:
Why must you be so hostile towards me? I was having a bad day went to the first dealership got pissed off at the salesman and manager. Then i ventured over the to parts counter they didnt have the mounts they said 7 days. What the fuck do you want me to say, i dont know why it would take them 7 fucking days thats why i went to a different dealer who had them in stock. Whats so hard to understand about that? And also what do you mean that won't help us solve the problem? The heads of GM are the ones that decide what goes into your car, how much it costs, and if its of good quality. They are the fucking problem dipshit. Fuck You, PAL
WOOOOOOOO
talk about hostile - HA HA
well let me tell you something, for a guy that hate GM you sure comfuse me.......
why not go to the nearest parts store and buy the parts for much less than the dealer????? and get it on the spot!
unless you are like me and you trust GM genuine parts over the generic crap they sell at the parts store....
but than there is the twist.... i tought you hate GM..... i am comfused to what brought you to the dealer to purchase the parts from the company you hate, you must expalain!

and you know what pisses me off even more.... jerkoffs like you that come to this forum and blast with all kind of nonsense against a vehicle instead of writing about their problem.. and requesting advise from fellow member.... (like in your case apperantly you have some shaking problem or maybe the trans jerks while shifting due to a bad mount)

most of the guys like you that blast with crap have minor problems that make no sense... i will fucken hate a company if i paid for a new car and had problems with it every fucking week yes! but minor engine mount replacement on a used vehicle is a common problem! nothing to commit suicide for.....
i drove GM for 20 years and only GM beside some other cars that my wife owned and i had no problems! ofcourse you have the usual wear and tear but nothing to go balistic about... i feel sorry for you to get this way from an engine mount. i can just imagine if you had to change engine on a volkswagen and pay about $4000 for the job.........
Old 06-10-2005, 10:58 PM   #67
alphalanos
AF Enthusiast

its a real shame that what was once one of the best car makers in the world is crashing down when it could be enjoying unbelieveable success. all because of leadership that doesnt care....
Old 06-11-2005, 09:13 AM   #68
Pat_OD
AF Enthusiast

I have a part time job at a parts store and they dont carry these mounts no parts store around here carries these mounts. They're the front radiator support mounts. Minor problems or not it still comes out of my fucking pocket, not yours mine. It seems your some type of mechanic right? Well you obviously have an easier time dealing with these problems then the rest of the people in here don't you? You get parts discounts, you have the tools needed, and the knowledge. Me I make out alright, doing my own work with the shit tools i have. I have had my car to the shop for the tranny 2 fucking times because it went up after the warranty ended, The intake manifold had to be replaced, had to have the ISS replaced(after i payed to have it lubed), blower motor stoped working, unknown cause of misfire in No. 5 cylinder, DexCool keeps sludging up for no apparent reason, ignition problems, the cars electrical died 3 times while driving(fucking dangerous), just recently starting to guzzle gas. I cant even remember what else has gone wrong with it, besides the "minor" stuff that there is to much of to mention. Guess what all this bullshit started to happen 2 weeks after my warranty ended. I've put so much money into this one car, and i dont have money to buy even a used car. You tell me i dont have a reason to complain? After i have spent hours on my computer, on the phone, and in person with these dickheads at GM. Your the type of person that piss me off, you know why? You sit here after all these people complain about their problems and go ahead and defend the people in the company that have caused them. Go tell Mike (bermis) how u feel about GM. He almost died due to his master cylinder failing. This is a 30,000 dollar piece of shit on wheels, and when i get the money im going to get a new fucking car. Hopefully something that will last more the 2 WEEKS AFTER THE WARRANTY EXPIRES!!
Old 06-11-2005, 08:39 PM   #69
impalaguy2
AF Newbie

Quote:
I have a part time job at a parts store and they dont carry these mounts no parts store around here carries these mounts. They're the front radiator support mounts. Minor problems or not it still comes out of my fucking pocket, not yours mine. It seems your some type of mechanic right? Well you obviously have an easier time dealing with these problems then the rest of the people in here don't you? You get parts discounts, you have the tools needed, and the knowledge. Me I make out alright, doing my own work with the shit tools i have. I have had my car to the shop for the tranny 2 fucking times because it went up after the warranty ended, The intake manifold had to be replaced, had to have the ISS replaced(after i payed to have it lubed), blower motor stoped working, unknown cause of misfire in No. 5 cylinder, DexCool keeps sludging up for no apparent reason, ignition problems, the cars electrical died 3 times while driving(fucking dangerous), just recently starting to guzzle gas. I cant even remember what else has gone wrong with it, besides the "minor" stuff that there is to much of to mention. Guess what all this bullshit started to happen 2 weeks after my warranty ended. I've put so much money into this one car, and i dont have money to buy even a used car. You tell me i dont have a reason to complain? After i have spent hours on my computer, on the phone, and in person with these dickheads at GM. Your the type of person that piss me off, you know why? You sit here after all these people complain about their problems and go ahead and defend the people in the company that have caused them. Go tell Mike (bermis) how u feel about GM. He almost died due to his master cylinder failing. This is a 30,000 dollar piece of shit on wheels, and when i get the money im going to get a new fucking car. Hopefully something that will last more the 2 WEEKS AFTER THE WARRANTY EXPIRES!!
well i must say this.. are you stupid?????
sell that fucken car - you have what they call a lemon, happens all the time!!
i've seen it a million times with a broad selection of cars, and i always tell the owners. if you fix major problems more than twice.. sell it, get rid of it because you will always get more problems.. but i guess you don't see it, and you keep on shelling money... ?!?!
i drive my car every day 30 miles each way to work, that is 60 miles per day, i have about 168000 miles on it and besides the normal oil changes and regular maintainance it drive like the first day it left the dealer
(besides that stupid ISS lube that i did once)..
i get many cars at the shop on a daily basis and the easiest parts to get are GM and Ford, you can practically buy parts for them at the local supermarket...he he....repair shop or private!
I have no idea what country you live in that is so hard for you to get GM parts
and one last thing i must say to you.. if all those problems you describe are true which i'm sure are most fabrication (never in all my years heard of someone with so many problems not even on a hyundai), if that is true you must rid yourself of this car GM or not.....
Old 06-11-2005, 08:47 PM   #70
impalaguy2
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by impalaguy2
is it a hard shake, if you stand at the light with your foot on the pedal, do you feel hard shakes or it is a very mild barely noticeable vibrations?
every car vibrate lightly from time to time, but hard shakes or sever misfire will light up your check engine light immediately.
it will also cause all kind of other symptoms like rotten egg smell, wierd shifts etc.....
please let me know what your shop found....
hey i had a guy at the shop with a similar problem to yours, car shakes at times... started for him after he did a self tune up.
after diagnosis we found a random misfire. apperantly the kid was trying to save money and changeg the plugs and wires with some aftermarket crap you buy at the local parts store....
the wires were gaping and cousing spikes to bridge to the engine and one to another....
after replacing the parts with AC delco parts the problem gone!
just wanted to let you know incase your mechanic changed wires on your car while fixing your ignition problem..
Old 06-12-2005, 02:19 PM   #71
bermis519
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to bermis519 Send a message via MSN to bermis519 Send a message via Yahoo to bermis519
Well i just wanna say. PAT_OD......shut the fuck up....I would have loved to see you get the impala that i have and constantly fix it over and over, then turn around and have to replace the same fucking parts, then, sit there and brag up GM. GM sucks, and they always will, i dont' care if my car was a lemon, and for you to sit there and say lemons happen all the time? your so full of shit. This car as been a complete nightmare. I have spent hundreds of hours researching my car on the internet, I have been through seven, just recently eight rental cars. Countless hours at the dealership. It's pretty bad when they all know you on a first name basis. I have been stranded four times, almost killed once. You are right in one aspect, ya if you have problems with the car, get rid of it. I can't get rid of it because i'm so far in debt with it, although i'm starting to get a turn around because I'm at the point now to where i'm just fixing what will keep it running. So for you to sit there and spout off bullshit just really pisses me off. If you wanna see everything i have done read my first few posts of this thread. Then I want you to sit there and defend GM. I have NO trust in GM and I'm getting to the point i don't even know if i can trust and automobile manufacturer.

Right now, there are things STILL wrong with it. Some of the motor mounts need replaced, but i'm not replacing them because the car is still running. There is a misfire i can feel when it's idling. I can't figure it out so, it doesn't need replaced. I really don't fucking car what happens anymore. I'm only replacing what needs to be replaced.

I have been a member of this board since march of 2004. I have almost 200 posts on here just from the problems on my car. I think this is one of the biggest threads on the impala section of the forum. I have recieved a lot of help from people on here. With almost every single problem that i have had on my car, it's funny to see people experienceing the same problems.

Now, I take great car of my cars. I have an oldsmobile with 165,000 miles on it that I gave to my young sister for her first car. This was almost 4 years ago. That car is STILL going with 225.000 miles on it. It doesn't burn oil, it doesn't leak anything. So that should tell you something about how i take car of what i own. Ya it's a GM car, but it's a 91. They don't build the cars like that use to.....the make them very poorly, slap a 30,000 MSRP sticker on it, and they fuck you over with problems.

Seems to me IMPALAGUY2 is pretty much in the same boat as me. Problem after problem. But we are stupid and pay for it up front. I wish my only problems was the motor mounts like you. I dont' mind the general maintance, brakes, fluid flushes etc. but when they wanna take your tranny out, rip half the motor apart, replace the computer, replace parts that have premature wear, thats bullshit. The brakes have been a battle all in their own. EVERY 15000 miles, the rotors, pads, need replaced. I'm not a heavy braker either.

But as you can see, I can keep going and going and going about all the problems that i have. SO you need to count your blessings with your car!!!!!

Just so you know, right now, i have a for sale sticker in the window. I have it for 4500. I have no intentions of selling it, but i have taken every single problem i had and i did up a nice little story about it. I got a carfax report on it. I taped it up on the back window, and part of the rear window. I had to make the font small so i could fit it all on it. I took it to walmart one day, and i parked it up close to the front. You wouldn't believe the crowd of people standing there reading it. I got a kick out of it. I got pulled over the other day because the cop thought my car looked suspicious but he was more interested in reading all the things wrong because his cop car was an impala too!!

Well, I think i made this pretty long so...i wrote all of this because of PAT_OD. You really pissed me off when you wrote some of the things you did...FUCK GM AND ALL THE WHITE MUSTANGS THEY RODE IN ON.....

MIKE
Old 06-12-2005, 07:42 PM   #72
Pat_OD
AF Enthusiast

Yo mike im the one in the same boat as you not that impalaguy2. And ImpalaGuy why would i fabricate any of these problems i've had, makes no sense.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:27 PM   #73
bermis519
AF Enthusiast

It just makes me mad to sit there and listen to people about how they can't get motor mounts, or people sit there and say you shouldn't have bought that car...what the hell is that??? If i knew that car was going to be a problem, no shit, i wouldn't have bought it....or people sit there and say, get a new one...ya right..give me the money and i will be more then happy to. Buying a car is a big comittment...can't spell....and you have to make payments for years. Now, I have thought of ways to get rid of it....i thought about smashing it into a tree...i have thought about missing payments...but then i would get screwed on interest and even if i would be able to finance again.

It's just fustrating all this bullshit and the high cost with poor quality!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2005, 08:58 PM   #74
blazee
Problem?

You guys have been arguing so much, you forgot who you were yelling at.

I will say that GM's a great company, but their quality and customer service has gone to shit over the last 10 years. I have gone through and fixed all the normal problems with my current GM vehicles. Hopefully after fixing all of GM's f*ck ups I can get some decent use out of them. I won't buy anymore GM cars until they get their act together again.

Don't give me any of that "every company has problems" BS.... I also have a Honda Accord and 2 Mercury Grand Marquis, I haven't had near as many problems with them.

Judging from his posts it looks like ImpalaGuy is a kid pretending to be a mechanic. I've seen many guys like this come here. It isn't worth your time arguing with him, guys. He probably gets beat up at school, then comes here trying to act tough.
blazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 07:26 PM   #75
impalaguy2
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazee
You guys have been arguing so much, you forgot who you were yelling at.

I will say that GM's a great company, but their quality and customer service has gone to shit over the last 10 years. I have gone through and fixed all the normal problems with my current GM vehicles. Hopefully after fixing all of GM's f*ck ups I can get some decent use out of them. I won't buy anymore GM cars until they get their act together again.

Don't give me any of that "every company has problems" BS.... I also have a Honda Accord and 2 Mercury Grand Marquis, I haven't had near as many problems with them.

Judging from his posts it looks like ImpalaGuy is a kid pretending to be a mechanic. I've seen many guys like this come here. It isn't worth your time arguing with him, guys. He probably gets beat up at school, then comes here trying to act tough.

WOOOO i guess some here are upset.....
well whatever you all think of me or whatevere you guys want to say
one thing i can't understand... why did you guys bought that car from the begining???? (is it because of it's great reliability and scores over all the major car trends???)
and second... if you got screwed up with a shity car... why not sell?????
you guys coming here and crying and just shelling money with no end...
why would someone do that???
trade it in, sell it, give it to a dealer to sell at the auction. make it diappear.. crash it tree... but why to spend thousands of dollar??????

I tell you what i think about all those guys. they are the ones with nothing to do... i'll be suprized if they even own or drive a car any car!!
they are the ones that jerk us all around with fake stories that i've never heard of before!!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Impala | Impala SS