Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-02-2002, 08:16 AM   #1
anewdumb
AF Newbie

Sport Package/Clubsport Package

Alright fast and easy...
Is there a difference between the Sport Package and the Clubsport Package... If so, what do you guys suppose is the better deal...
Also, any recomondations on color....?

BMW 330ci 2002 model
anewdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 09:17 AM   #2
Tomhonda
AF Newbie

If you goto www.bmwworld.com they explain the difference between them.
Tomhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 06:50 AM   #3
W1TAK
AF Newbie

Theres sketchy info on the Clubsport at the moment except that the bodykit is different to the sport, theres a M style rear spoiler which looks a little like touring cars and the front spoiler is deeper than the sport. I hear that 20kg of insulation material has been removed to make the clubsport sound louder!!?! With the colours available and the differences to the sport on the inside as well I think its worth the extra cash. I just ordered one anyway in Carbon Black
W1TAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 04:48 AM   #4
lee060773
AF Newbie

Me too - estoril blue, black leather, xenon & can't wait to see those split rims in the flesh! 95 days left to go.

Though it was only available in Estoril or velvet blue and tit. silver?

Is in the UK anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img5270_35.jpg (42.6 KB, 273 views)
lee060773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 02:30 AM   #5
W1TAK
AF Newbie

Hi Lee, glad to see you ordered the clubsport as well. Guess you ordered from the UK which is why the carbon black was not available. Im sourcing mine direct from Germany where 4 colours are available and I love the black, although it was a toss up for the estoril as well. Just wanted to ask you regarding the split rims ( Double spoke 71) are you sure they are 18inch? I went to a UK dealership at the weekend and those wheels are available to buy for any BMW but are 17inch. I guess the problem is I dont have any real details on the car yet and am panicing!! If you have any info from the UK dealer Id love to see it.
Old 04-13-2002, 02:50 AM   #6
lee060773
AF Newbie

I am more than sure that the UK clubsport is supplied with 18inch wheels. We don't have any brochures yet, but my local dealer had more details on his internal intranet. It showed a picture of the wheels and confirmed that they were 18inch.

Checkout the research section of icebergcars.com - the importers I am using to source the car from Germany - I make a 15% saving on the UK list.

I've got pictures of the style 71 wheels too, and they are available from circle BMW on: -

http://www.circlebmw.com/parts/wheels/dscw71.htm

As you can see the standard fitment is 18inch on the E46.

I think that the wheels will be slightly modified from the aftersale wheel. Almost definitely the wheel will have the 'M sport' badge. This would of course make then more exclusive - BMW UK have confirmed that they are only available for this model.

I must admit I am certain on the size of wheel - but less so on the design. If you get any more information I'd be grateful.

What worries me is that the car will be available with optional 19inch wheels like the M3 - and if so I'd rather get those.
lee060773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 07:29 AM   #7
W1TAK
AF Newbie

I spoke to BMW information on Thursday and they told me the brochure for the Clubsport is now out. They are sending one to me and I hope to get it early this week. If you call them up they seem to be geared up with more information than the dealerships who Ive found totally clueless. Definately looking forward to those wheels now!!! PS I heard the 19inch wheels affect the whole suspension setup on the E46 so not sure Id have them...

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series