Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 02:31 AM   #61
Demon_Mustang
AF Enthusiast

"au contraire. honadas take more skill to build then some shitty as big block V8... you actually have to THINK when u build these cars on how to make em fun to drive and low gas mileage thus that was how VTEC was introduced. They dont need to go by the terms like v8 = small penis... v10 = near invisible... and so on... drive a 4 cyl... its the manly thing to do! =D"

Soooo, under that logic, the best and fastest car in the world will have 0 cylinders right??
Demon_Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 04:21 AM   #62
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
The poor guy said that almost 2 weeks ago on page 2, and he took it back very quicly thereafter on page 3...

...anyways, creative use of logic humor there....lol.
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 01:33 PM   #63
MR2Driver
AF Enthusiast

Re: Peice Of Junk Hondas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Mustang
"au contraire. honadas take more skill to build then some shitty as big block V8... you actually have to THINK when u build these cars on how to make em fun to drive and low gas mileage thus that was how VTEC was introduced. They dont need to go by the terms like v8 = small penis... v10 = near invisible... and so on... drive a 4 cyl... its the manly thing to do! =D"

Soooo, under that logic, the best and fastest car in the world will have 0 cylinders right??
Well some people do believe that the best engines in the world are Rotary engines, and they have 0 cylinders. Oh and to the person who said "Never put an exhaust on a 4 banger"

Oh really? I have a 4 banger, i DARE you to race me. Or any other real 4-cyl engine powered car. Like the Lotus Elise, or Exige, or the Lancer Evo MR. Just because there are slow 4 bangers doesnt mean there arent fast ones....
MR2Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 01:48 PM   #64
chevydrummer76
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Peice Of Junk Hondas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunG35
Amen.

V8's are nice...when used right on an M5 or an S4... not on some car that can still compare with my 4 cyl civic.

"There is a replacement for displacement... I believe they call it a turbo."

well you can always turbo the v8 too....
chevydrummer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 09:45 PM   #65
DkShadow
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Peice Of Junk Hondas

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydrummer76
well you can always turbo the v8 too....
Nothing better than a forced inducted v8
DkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 11:42 PM   #66
mommapez
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by volks8691
honda What
Just bought a Honda Civic...SE with a few added touches..rear spoiler and hood edge protector....Traded in my Grand Am because of all the problems..hopefully the Honda works better for me. By the way the Honda done to the nines.. look great...real eye catchers...
mommapez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 01:39 AM   #67
JTrujillo86
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Peice Of Junk Hondas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexSiR
No It wont.

A Honda Integra Type R
A Honda s2000
A Honda NSX
A Honda NSX Type S Zero
A Honda NSX Type R

WILL EASILY OUTHANDLE YOUR CAR.

See, you just compared three $80K+ and one $30K car to my car that I wasn't so stupid as to pay nearly that much for :-)

Jeremy
JTrujillo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 02:01 AM   #68
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Re: Re: Re: Re: Peice Of Junk Hondas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTrujillo86
See, you just compared three $80K+ and one $30K car to my car that I wasn't so stupid as to pay nearly that much for :-)

Jeremy
That was a dumb comparision on MexSiR's part, but I think the only Honda a GM FWD platform couldn't outhandle would be the current Honda Legend...

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 06:56 AM   #69
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinanM3_S2
Sorry to repeat whats been said already but im pretty tired of reading these retarded America Vs Japan threads. Its been done, nobodys going to change their minds based on what you've said.....Personal preference
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 11:10 PM   #70
Janet Reno
AF Enthusiast

Why is there always some agression between the Camaro/Mustang group and the Honda group? Pointless to me...
Janet Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 01:02 AM   #71
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet Reno
Why is there always some agression between the Camaro/Mustang group and the Honda group? Pointless to me...
Who knows, who cares?

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 01:34 PM   #72
Zodiac
AF Regular

Re: Re: Peice Of Junk Hondas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunG35
au contraire. honadas take more skill to build then some shitty as big block V8... you actually have to THINK when u build these cars on how to make em fun to drive and low gas mileage thus that was how VTEC was introduced. They dont need to go by the terms like v8 = small penis... v10 = near invisible... and so on... drive a 4 cyl... its the manly thing to do! =D

Honda Guy 4 Life!

Gawd when will you people ever learn.......okay read the bold print carefully.

The more power you add to a car, the less MPG your going to make!

American V8 cars dont get quiet as good gas mileage as 4cyl because...well....its a V8 and its a 4cyl. If you put a V8 in a Honda (is it possible?) then watch the gas mileage drop. Not even that, if you build up the 4cyl in the Honda its still going to drop the mpg by a long shot.

Just the clean and sporty Miata.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 07:19 PM   #73
justav6
AF Regular

i am sick of you cry babies that complain about the american japan rivalry. if it hurts your feelings then go cry about it, or better yet dont read it. i dont see anything wrong with any of this. its half the fun of owning a fast car, or putting money into a car. i might as well get some other things off my chest. i can not stick up for anyone that puts a exaust and a wing on a 4 cylinder, its simply ridiculis. i am pretty impresed with the full out race imports on speedvision and such. i belive in their cause (stupid ass nhra rules regulating everything). and just to be fair to both sides, new mustangs are pretty slow. the last decent american car with out a ridiculis price tag was the trans am, and theyv endid the production in what 01 or 02. anyway keep the rivalry going despite what these crybabies say.
justav6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 12:37 AM   #74
Oldengineer
AF Regular

Just to stir the pot a little. I've owned several Accords and several Civics - all 4 bangers. However, if you want a fair amount of muscle and decent gas mileage, there are a couple of domestic mid size cars that are all over Honda's rump. My all time mileage/power champ was a 1975 Olds Starfire with a 231 Buick V-6, Rochester Duece, and turbo 350 automatic. The thing consistently got 35 mpg running 75 mph on interstates and had excellent takeoff. Have had 2 Chrysler Cirrus cars with 2.5 V-6's, and, both got 30 MPG running interstate speeds. Had a 2000 Dodge Intrepid and now a 2001 Chrysler Sebring 4 door with the 200 HP 2.7 V-6. Both of these managed 30-31 Mpg consistently on trips. The Sebring is decently quick, 0-60 in 8 secs. and a 127 mph topend. Friends of mine who have midsize Buicks with the 3800 V-6 (the current version of the old 231) experience similar performance and gas mileage. The Hondas I've owned did better on mileage on in-town driving but never got mileage like this on trips even though 3 of the Hondas were manuals. A friend of mine has a new Honda Accord V6 and the best it'll do is 27 Mpg - performance being about equal to my Sebring. Funny thing - I had a 1995 Chrysler LHS with the big 3.5 L V6, and, while the car's quality was a bit flaky, it consistently delivered 28 MPG on trips and excellent punch for its size. Anyone out there driving one of the new Chrysler 300s with the 3.5 - be interested in what gas mileage you're getting. Honda may deliver a bit more quality now, but, the domestics are closing the gap, and, presently, Buick may be their equal.

Regards:
Oldengineer
Oldengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 01:41 AM   #75
justav6
AF Regular

no idea there, but i have an 87 buick gn and that keeps up in gas milage with mos honda toyota v6 and beats their 8 cyls. of course only 8's i know of are their biggist luxury suvs. i have 42.5 lbs injectors in it and an 8 setting e prom chip, so everything is adjustable. she runs low 11's on pump super with 22psi, and gets 25-27 mpg in econo mode. i really dont know what et shed run on this setting, but iv never lost to Any inport on this setting. iv heard of fast imports before, but where i live theyr all show no go. and by show i mean thousands of dollars on wings (on a front wheel drive no less) stickers, lights, shiny wheels, and rediculus sounding exaust pipe. do four bangers really make enough back pressure to benefit from a 4 inch exaust? i just dont understand. and to be fair, who ever said it your right. the mustangs that come frome the factory with non functional ram air hoods are just as silly as the stickers on the imports.someone please correct me if im wrong, i just dont get it. i really dont need to as i enjoy blowing the doors off these "show cars".
justav6 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General