Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 09:20 PM   #1
jsmoov24
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to jsmoov24
Question 2005 Jaguar Stype or 2005 Mercedes E500??

hello all, i need advice on my next car. by the end of this year, early next year i'm looking to get a new car, either a 2005 Jaguar Stype or the Mercedes E500. which do you think is a better car?? there are slightly changing the Stype for 2005, the bumpers, hood and rear will look different then the current model and I have always loved that design. however i test drove a E500 and that is a nice car as well, can't decide. although i can get a fully equipped Stype for about $10k less then the Benz... help??.....
jsmoov24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 10:50 PM   #2
Oldengineer
AF Regular

Cool

I went through this decision in May 03 between the Jag X-Type and the smaller Benz that competes with it. At this point in time I think quality wise, they're very close. I suspect the Jag S-Type w/V8 will outperform the Benz. As far as styling and elegance goes, it's a slam dunk for the Jag - no contest as far as I'm concerned. If depreciation is a factor to you, the Benz will do better here, but the up-front costs are higher as well. The trunk on the S is on the small side - much smaller than my X-Type. Don't know about the Benz in this respect. I suggest you do an extended test drive on both of them and see which one you enjoy driving the most. If you don't enjoy drawing a crowd of car nuts when you pit stop for gas, food, etc. - don't buy the Jag, because they certainly attact attention.

Hope this helps:
Regards:
Oldengineer
Oldengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 06:21 AM   #3
jsmoov24
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to jsmoov24
thanks for your suggestion, I have actually test drove both the current model Stype and the E500 and they are both very nice. the syling of the jaguar as you said is unique and I do like a little attention from time to time : ) i'm into body kits and chrome rims, i know for the Jag Arden is the performance company that makes the body kits, brake system, suspension, etc. and I saw a very nice Arden body kit that looks nice on the current model but in 2005 that are changing the exterior as far as the front and rear bumpers are concerned and the trunk is pushed up a bit.. Lorinser does the performance stuff for the Benz whcih again makes that car look totally different. the only thing i don't like about the current model benz, C-class, E-class etc.., is that they all look like the S-class or CL-class for the coupes.. I have about 6 months to a year to think about it, if you have any other advice please keep it coming, thanks...
jsmoov24 is offline   Reply With Quote