Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 07:38 AM   #1
TrooperBill
AF Newbie

86 Trooper 4ZD1 Fuel Pump Damper

Hi all,

What is a Fuel Pump Damper and where should it be on this engine?

The reason for asking is that I found my Trooper to be leaking (more like pouring) gas from a disconnected piece of tubing. This tube would appear to be the #36 in the drawing at http://www.myisuzuparts.com/1986/519...showparts.html but doesn't seem to be that since the engine runs ok with it hanging loose. Couldn't find any place it should be attached to.

The only thing I cannot account for is the "fuel pump damper". See #113.

For the time being I have the hose capped off. The thing runs although its very difficult to start when cold.

I need some help! Thanks in advance.

-Bill

EDIT - OK I found the "damper". In looking at photos of replacement fuel pumps (even OEM) I'm seeing 4 tubes connected. The diagram shown in the link only shows 3. I have identified the Inlet and Return and apparently the feed to the carb is intact. So I'm stuck not knowing where mystery tube #4 goes. I'm terribly confused!

Thanks again.

Last edited by TrooperBill; 11-30-2009 at 09:43 AM. Reason: More info
TrooperBill is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard