Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Eclipse Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 08:09 PM   #1
bardsdsu
AF Newbie

1995 eagle talon problem.... no turbo

I know this problem is somewhat common in this forum, but the issue my gf is having has some slightly different symptoms. The problem we are having is the same as everyone elses. Runs fine sometimes then will stall at stop signs, or sometimes only when making a right turn. recently it has got much worse. We solved the problem once before gy replacing the computer, but that only lasted a couple months before we began seeing slight symptoms again.
Has anyone been having any luck solving this problem. I don't pretend to be a car expert, so any advice anyone can give me would help. Could it be a vacum problem, pcv valve, o2 sensor... throwing the computer off? Any direction you can point me would be appreciated. Also just replaced the fuel filter and checked most places for loose connections as well as motor mounts. HELP!!! PLEASE!
bardsdsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #2
SilvrEclipse
Holset powered 420a

Send a message via AIM to SilvrEclipse
Re: 1995 eagle talon problem.... no turbo

Welcome to AF.

Is the check engine light on? Auto tranny or 5spd?
Megasquirt 2 - Holset HY35 Turbo - Built motor - P&P Head and Intake - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - Aeromotive AFPR - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Zoom clutch - 13" Cobra Front Brakes - AEM WB - Devilsown meth injection - 3.55 Final Drive gear ratio

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i - DD
SilvrEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:11 PM   #3
bardsdsu
AF Newbie

automatic transmission. The check engine light was on with the problem before but to pass smog her father removed the bulb, so i'm not sure if it's on or off now.
bardsdsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:31 PM   #4
SilvrEclipse
Holset powered 420a

Send a message via AIM to SilvrEclipse

I would go have the codes pulled to check. That should give you some direction to go in.
Megasquirt 2 - Holset HY35 Turbo - Built motor - P&P Head and Intake - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - Aeromotive AFPR - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Zoom clutch - 13" Cobra Front Brakes - AEM WB - Devilsown meth injection - 3.55 Final Drive gear ratio

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i - DD
SilvrEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:58 PM   #5
2gh
AF Newbie

check ur coil pack mine was doing the same thing and then i tried that and it sure was a problem witht he coil pack im now having the same problemagain months later just replaced the coil and im guessngonmine its the ecu but u can try these items ur cranck position senser which is back by the oil filter and then coil but my guess is its going to be ur coil and as far as people telling u tat u have to remove the timing belt to get to ur crank sensor there full of it 420a m/t crank senser is behind the oil filter
2gh is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis