Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > GS300/GS400/GS430/Aristo
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 10:47 AM   #1
tmp703
AF Newbie

Question 2JZGTE will fit in GS 300? help me!!!!

I'm thinking about getting a 2JZGTE motor for my GS300. The motor i'm planning on getting has VVT-i. I heard it's around 320 hp stock is that correct? Since the gs300 is a 2jzge, will the 2jzgte fit and directly drop into the gs300? Any information would be great guys. thanks.
tmp703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 12:54 PM   #2
1000hp+
AF Newbie

Re: 2JZGTE will fit in GS 300? help me!!!!

what year gs300..in fact it doesn't matter the year it will fit perfectly...usually the vvti motors are usedin the 97+ gs300...
i have nerver dyno'd mine but it ran 11.66 on pump gas with 70 shot nos...and upgraded pt76 turbo.
1000hp+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:33 AM   #3
jarradmccoy
AF Newbie

I've read the vvti puts out the same power stock, as the earlier...non variable valve timing version of the motor... In Japan they had a gentleman's agreement not to have hp above 280, so that's what its claimed power is. It's actual power is 315 ish. the vvti may have a bit better power potential, may have a bit better efficiency, but runs the same hp stock. The motor fits with some work (double check, you might have to change the wiring harness). In Japan they fit them with the motor from the factory. The only difference between an aristo and a lexus gs 300 (besides being r-hand drive)is that in the countries that sold them, you could get an aristo with that twin turbo motor from the factory(in Japan anyways...)
jarradmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:39 PM   #4
black wall st
AF Newbie

It will fit by just swaping the 2jz head with manifold and turbos, but the problem is that you must run a oil line to and from the turboes. Otherwise if you just swap the whole thing, everything is the same.
black wall st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:39 PM   #5
sahtt57
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp703
I'm thinking about getting a 2JZGTE motor for my GS300. The motor i'm planning on getting has VVT-i. I heard it's around 320 hp stock is that correct? Since the gs300 is a 2jzge, will the 2jzgte fit and directly drop into the gs300? Any information would be great guys. thanks.
Yes. The engines share the same motor mounts, wiring harness for the most part, etc. The n/a version of the MK4 is the same engine you have in your GS300, if that helps clarify why it will indeed work. gs300 2jz swap will provide more information. It's roughly 320hp, possibly a little more as some 98's actually dynoed around 300whp stock.
sahtt57 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > GS300/GS400/GS430/Aristo