Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 12:12 PM   #61
Hodo
AF Enthusiast

Re: 89 300ZX vs 91 240SX

Hate to sound like a ass Stephen, but I have to agree with Albert on this one to a point. There are no streetable, and by streetable I mean can pass a emissions inspection and survive the daily driving torture that is required to drive on the street. Now there are some fast Pro-mod civics, and such, Lisa Kubo did run in the low 8s with heres, and almost broke into the 7s, but her car was FAR from streetable. Fastest streetable Civic I have seen is a 10.7 car, and he had all that was required to meet safety specs for Nopi events. Dont get me wrong there are some fast as hell Civics, hell they are great platforms for drag cars because of there lightweight, and ease of engine swaps. But they unfortantly are not capable of the big numbers of some of the big boys and there pro-stock/mod Mustangs, Camaros, Firechickens, and T/As. Pound for pound the Civic is worht it on the track, but it is limited by its small displacement engines that Honda offers.

Hodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 09:02 PM   #62
stephenp
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to stephenp

wait theres a lovely saying
theres no replacement for displacement
but there are some exceptions forced air induction weight redduction and the such

and also tyou only mentioned rwd as being good and also lisa kubo had a saturn aND IT WAS SUB 8 LIKE 7.82 AND THAT WAS A YEAR AGO sorry for the caps i do that alot maybe even 2 years ago then the toyota solaro beat it by a few hundreths

and are you na thow who challenges the stock honda clan
lol
and all this stands from a statement that a boosted civic was deadeven with mwe(actually jumped me off the line literally i didnt even know it was time to go) and someone thought that i said that they were stock
because i said there phrase that there stock honda but in all actuallity its so far from stock its funny
i mean an exhaust isnt 3" from the factory there not bnoosted nor carbon fibered and they call it stock and think your stupid when theyt spend 10 grand and keep up with you when you spend 1000 and the car its sorta funny
but any way lets all just love that the hondas are there (and mouseterds and me in my saturn) but lets be happy there are groups of peopkle that we can call competion
i met them by challenging them to a race in my camaro and the kid won by a car and toasted his motor
raced there buddie in his 5.0 mouseterd ho 5 speed chipped exhaust bla bla bla and toasted him and i was 3 speed auto lol but at any rate i love mouse terds(dont tell anyone) and civics and all spins of cars(walks of life lol) but they are my competion and i have vowd to myself not to drive or own one allthough i might talk the civic crew into letting me drive one of there boosted cars in turn for me to take them in a ride in a real car as in rear wheel drive my passion(as i sigh )
stephenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:29 PM   #63
Hodo
AF Enthusiast

Stephen, I have a hard time reading your posts, you either need a better keyboard, or learn to type. If english is not your second language then I am sorry.

I dont think anyone wasnt bashing on Hondas, its just they are limited in what they can do, a Civic (EG6) is a scarry little car on the track, and capable of good speeds, and times, but it cant put down the record breaking numbers of a bigger engine RWD, or AWD car. Now on the road course the Civic is a beast, its light weight and decent power to weight ratio means it can put up some pretty dominating times on the track. But this wasnt a topic about Civics going fast around a roadtrack, it was about them putting a damn near impossible time with a streetable car.

Hodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 06:30 AM   #64
stephenp
AF Enthusiast

no it was to beat you and you siad there was no way there to slow and yes the rear wheel drive platform is better due to the weight transfer thast occurs on off line accel.
and they do run low ass times and when you do a winner takes all are you worried about it being all that streetable all i said was it would be driven there and would pass ins. unl;ess you dont allow dumpouts and you went on and on about the rules of drag racing well when you say winner takes all and your gonna put rules to it then l;ike i said no deals then you wanna run them without rules (like you said at first you not some of your buddis come on now dont talk shit if ytou cant back it up and actually fwd can be fast as i stated with the weight oof the cage they can still run like mid 7's so unless you got under that then its not a garuntee that your gonna win like you thinnk dont forget that there are many rules they have to follow but on a winner takes all the only rule is dont bring something thats gonna lose and if its streetable then it better hold for a good 7 sec under way high boost like i said boost is an amazing thing
Old 04-28-2005, 11:11 AM   #65
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: 89 300ZX vs 91 240SX

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenp
... on a winner takes all the only rule is dont bring something thats gonna lose and if its streetable then it better hold for a good 7 sec under way high boost like i said boost is an amazing thing
Well we travel with 2 cars. Both are streetable but not legal on the street, and both run under 7 sec.
I though about your amazing boost thing. There's nothing amazing about it at all. Just another power adder.
Now according to your rules, "don't bring something thats gonna lose and IF its streetable then it better hold for a good 7 sec".

I choose our #1 car as it runs in the 4's @ 320+MPH.

Zgringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 11:31 AM   #66
monooxide
Banned

Send a message via AIM to monooxide Send a message via MSN to monooxide
ooook....

This thread was about one 240 against a Z31 not my Reliant at 9000000000 PSI runs Sub 8 Seconds and a Stickered up Civic runs under 10s and is streetable....not really a cool subject seeing that noone has posted proof on any of these things.
monooxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 12:26 PM   #67
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

Re: ooook....

Quote:
Originally Posted by monooxide
This thread was about one 240 against a Z31 not my Reliant at 9000000000 PSI runs Sub 8 Seconds and a Stickered up Civic runs under 10s and is streetable....not really a cool subject seeing that noone has posted proof on any of these things.
Very very true. The subject of this thread was covered pretty much on the 1st page, but from that point on it went to a "my dad can whip your dad shit".
I figured I'd put a end to this crap right here and now, but I'm afraid it won't end here as I'm sure he has a friend who has a friend who has a Hemi powered Civic 4X4 made out of carbon-carbon, with some amazing boost and a JATO pack on the rear that turns the 1/4 under 3 sec. and I'll have to admit defeat.

If you'd like some proof of my statements, feel free to PM me and I'd be more than happy to provide you with it.
By the way, did you guys ever get to run?
Zgringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:39 PM   #68
monooxide
Banned

Send a message via AIM to monooxide Send a message via MSN to monooxide
ok...

You just said one thing and then turned around and did another...im gonna end it here and now....he probably has a friend of a friend who has a 4x4 Hemi Civic...that was real intelligent dont you agree?
monooxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:55 PM   #69
stephenp
AF Enthusiast

well this all started from a i wouldnt waste my gas and on a quote civic and it wasnt stock and somehow it turnwed into ill smoke him winner takes all
all i said is thaT CIVICS THAT GOT ALOT OF MODS ARE PRETTY QUICK AND HE SAID ID SMOKE THEM WINNER TAKES ALL
SO AS I SAID THEYED PROBABLY BE UP TO IT AND HE SAID SOMEONE WILL HAVE THERE CAR DONE BUT IN THE BEGINING HED SMOKE THEM ......?sorry bout all the caps..
ok now lets try this all over again ill start from the begining and can we try and have a happy ending and maybe someday we can all sit around and admire each others z
and any way i raced a civic that was turbo and it was pretty quick (they ,as all the honda people in the area im from, call them stock, allthough they are boosted and all sorts of shit done to them and they spent like 10,000+ on all the perfomance mods and i only spent 1000 whos the sucker ......and we were dead even.... and before anymore is said this isnt the car i would even think of letting them have as a winner takes all this is a person who had the honda crew put a turbo and other mods to his car
any way lets all go out and give love to all that love cars (or atleast there cars )
Old 04-28-2005, 09:03 PM   #70
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
Re: ok...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monooxide
You just said one thing and then turned around and did another...im gonna end it here and now....he probably has a friend of a friend who has a 4x4 Hemi Civic...that was real intelligent dont you agree?
why does it matter??? this thread has been beaten to death anyways, what is people debating other matters going to hurt??? i think you should loosen up a bit...people come here to communicate and enjoy debating with people who are several thousand miles away. it supposed to be enjoyable...
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)