Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 04:33 AM   #16
turk66460
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to turk66460 Send a message via Yahoo to turk66460
Re: Cars I RAPED!!!

I don't get it man, WTF is people's problem, if you think maximas suck or something keep that to your self. I LOVE MAXIMA'S it out lasted every other car i have. SO FUCK OFF.
turk66460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 01:45 PM   #17
IH8RICE
AF Regular

I DRIVE A 1995 pontaic GTP with a B&M shift kit magnaflow exhaust, K&N intake, hypertech chip, new struts all the way around and a new set of potenza's im not gonna say ne thing bad about nissan im just loyal to domestics so i drive a GTP but i wanna race a Maxima and see how well i fare against one, i have a auto but like i sait its got a shift kit and at 5500 to 6000 rpm ill walk away from alot of cars, as for mustangs ill agree with every one that doesnt like em i hate ford period, smoked a 2000 firebird same 3.4 liter as me auto and a 2000 monte carlo, after 5500 rmp they were standing still. Ne one think id be a good match for a maxima or should i just leave em alone.
IH8RICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 01:59 PM   #18
ogparjay
AF Enthusiast

overall against well known jDm cars the stang can't stack up on overall performance... i admitt that mustangs are strong cars but there are many stang owners that can't drive.. honestly....

Quote:
Originally Posted by broddie50
You hate mustangs, hey that's your opinion and I can respect that. But don't throw up blanket statements about their owners, and stacking up against "real jdm power cars.." Trust me, their are many a stang out their that can seriously haul ass... My 2 cents.
ogparjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 02:02 PM   #19
ogparjay
AF Enthusiast

hey man... we're all max owners and we love our ride..... you must be hella good driver with a stripped max.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk66460
I don't get it man, WTF is people's problem, if you think maximas suck or something keep that to your self. I LOVE MAXIMA'S it out lasted every other car i have. SO FUCK OFF.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:54 PM   #20
FormulaLT1
Fight the powwa!!!

Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1
Re: Re: Cars I RAPED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk66460
Hey people yes i am the one that said that i took a old v8 mustang stick. I got the video to prove it and another thing i got the video for the z28. Give my couple days and i will put it in a web site or if you want i can email it to. FOR THOSE THINK THAT I AM BS ing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP2K2Max
cuz i can feel you on the beating a z28. one time while on vacation in new jersey i raced a z28 across a mile and a half long bridge.(anyone who's been to toms river knows what bridge i mean, that big ass one that runs along the shore line that runs into seaside heights eventually) we went from about 30 mph all the way to 120 and neither car could make any significant headway on the other. you should have seen the smile on this kids face. he looked pretty jazzed that a 4 door sedan was giving his Z28 a run for its money. he gave me a thumbs up and a friendly "beep beep" afterwards. the thing is though that i was on my way to the hotel so i had 2 of my friends in the car and all of our luggage and the other kid was dolo. this was in my 95 se 5 speed.
I'm sorry, you guy's either don't know that your racing V6 Camaro or Smoking some shit that makes a Nissan Stanza look like a Mustang or Camaro or any other mid 13 sec car you claim to beat. I toy with car's like maxima , Civic and Eclipse's all the time but would never in a million years unless he was pumping 150 Shot of Nos full out race one of you guy's and please explain to me how magazines like Car & driver , Motortrend and Road & track got 13.2-13.6 out of 1998 -2002 Z28's in the 1/4 and did 15.6 - 16.1 in a 95 Maxima and you magically beat these car's give me a break and another thing the bridge that your talking about in New Jersey (where I live by the way) is like 5 miles long and your telling me a car that can do 160 MPH as listed in like every magazine and every website can't reach more than 120 while he was trying to race you , SO full of crap
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.

Mods: Weight reduction (I don't wear underwear)
FormulaLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 10:58 PM   #21
FormulaLT1
Fight the powwa!!!

Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1

Oh Also I would love to see this vid please give me the site and now that I'm thinking about it even the 3.8 V6 Camaro would walk a 95 Maxima
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.

Old 03-15-2004, 11:14 PM   #22
broddie50
AF Enthusiast

Ogparjay, I feel you on the overall performance. Right now in my mind, the EVO 8 and STI are leaderes in bang for the buck in overall performance. Does that mean they can't be beat? No. They combine the overall package when it comes to all-around performers, for basically a little amount of money. It just depends on what you are looking for in the car you want to drive. If I want to rule the drag strip, then I'm going to buy an domestic. If I want to rule the autox, we'll there are many different opinon's and not absolute's on that. If your are a drifter, well, it seems the 240 has that on lock. Personally, I like ground pounders, but I respect everybody's thrill seeking when it comes to their rides. No hate here for imports, I just got my prefences like you have yours. Late.
broddie50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 12:21 AM   #23
joeB
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Cars I RAPED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaLT1
I'm sorry, you guy's either don't know that your racing V6 Camaro or Smoking some shit that makes a Nissan Stanza look like a Mustang or Camaro or any other mid 13 sec car you claim to beat. I toy with car's like maxima , Civic and Eclipse's all the time but would never in a million years unless he was pumping 150 Shot of Nos full out race one of you guy's and please explain to me how magazines like Car & driver , Motortrend and Road & track got 13.2-13.6 out of 1998 -2002 Z28's in the 1/4 and did 15.6 - 16.1 in a 95 Maxima and you magically beat these car's give me a break and another thing the bridge that your talking about in New Jersey (where I live by the way) is like 5 miles long and your telling me a car that can do 160 MPH as listed in like every magazine and every website can't reach more than 120 while he was trying to race you , SO full of crap
First off, if he was racing a V-6 Camaro or Firebird, he would of
shown his tailights easily. He didnt say he beat the Z-28, he stayed
right beside him. I did the same thing in 96 with my 96 Maxima
5 speed, raced a 95 Trans Am, from about 40 to 100 and stayed
right beside him. Also there is no way a 3.8 Camaro or Firebird can
beat a 95 Maxima 5 speed either. What a joke..

Also dont toy with 2002 - 03 Altimas and Maximas with 5 and six
speeds cause youll be in for a toyin..
joeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 12:37 AM   #24
FormulaLT1
Fight the powwa!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cars I RAPED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeB
First off, if he was racing a V-6 Camaro or Firebird, he would of
shown his tailights easily. He didnt say he beat the Z-28, he stayed
right beside him. I did the same thing in 96 with my 96 Maxima
5 speed, raced a 95 Trans Am, from about 40 to 100 and stayed
right beside him. Also there is no way a 3.8 Camaro or Firebird can
beat a 95 Maxima 5 speed either. What a joke..
If you had bothered to read the whole post before jumping to through your 2 cents in you would have seen his cars he raped list had a 1999 Auto Z28 which getting to the first part doesn't have the same engine as the 96 and second. How do you guys explain beating these cars in cars that non partial resource's said where about 2 seconds slower in 1/4 and between 20 - 30 MPH slower on top speed. I just find it funny to make up for those number without performing one single mod to your car. I'm not making up these number you can research them. I just don't get it explain to me how your such a good driver and the other driver was so bad to have made up for 2 seconds and then I will give you my rape list with 911 Twin turbo and a Ferrari Enzo (because thats completely possible).

Old 03-16-2004, 12:46 AM   #25
FormulaLT1
Fight the powwa!!!

Quote:
First off, if he was racing a V-6 Camaro or Firebird, he would of shown his tailights easily.:
The 3800 series F-body's where mid to low 15 Seconds car's and while you may be able to take one on top end they will give one of those 95 or 96 Maxima's a run for there money

Old 03-16-2004, 01:03 AM   #26
FormulaLT1
Fight the powwa!!!

Quote:
Also dont toy with 2002 - 03 Altimas and Maximas with 5 and six speeds cause youll be in for a toyin..
Is this some kind of joke, The Maxima's are impressive sedan's for all around durablilty , Handling and get alot of horsepower out of a V6 and they look pretty good too but the number's don't lie and they are at best a high 14 to low 15 Sec car in stock form while LT1's in stock form(which I assure you I'm not with a strip tag to prove it) is high 13 to low 14 seconds car 94-97 and while maxima's do alot of things better than my car, racing isn't one of them.

Old 03-16-2004, 01:54 AM   #27
ogparjay
AF Enthusiast

i respect you dawg... giving good feedback and well opinions... i "personally" would rather see a car that can do it all and a driver that can drive on twisty tracks.... because those who have the most money usually win on the drag... and those who can win with pure driving skills they get my props....

Quote:
Originally Posted by broddie50
Ogparjay, I feel you on the overall performance. Right now in my mind, the EVO 8 and STI are leaderes in bang for the buck in overall performance. Does that mean they can't be beat? No. They combine the overall package when it comes to all-around performers, for basically a little amount of money. It just depends on what you are looking for in the car you want to drive. If I want to rule the drag strip, then I'm going to buy an domestic. If I want to rule the autox, we'll there are many different opinon's and not absolute's on that. If your are a drifter, well, it seems the 240 has that on lock. Personally, I like ground pounders, but I respect everybody's thrill seeking when it comes to their rides. No hate here for imports, I just got my prefences like you have yours. Late.
Old 03-16-2004, 10:55 AM   #28
BP2K2Max
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to BP2K2Max
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cars I RAPED!!!

Quote:
If you had bothered to read the whole post before jumping to through your 2 cents in you would have seen his cars he raped list had a 1999 Auto Z28 which getting to the first part doesn't have the same engine as the 96 and second. How do you guys explain beating these cars in cars that non partial resource's said where about 2 seconds slower in 1/4 and between 20 - 30 MPH slower on top speed. I just find it funny to make up for those number without performing one single mod to your car. I'm not making up these number you can research them. I just don't get it explain to me how your such a good driver and the other driver was so bad to have made up for 2 seconds and then I will give you my rape list with 911 Twin turbo and a Ferrari Enzo (because thats completely possible).
yeah, but you quoted me and i said i stayed right beside it up to 120 mph from a 20-30 mph roll. and where did i ever say i was stock? don't jump to conclusions.
It was a late 80's early 90's camaro. it may have been an Iroc with Z badges but it most certainly wasn't a 3800 6 cylinder, i'll shit on one of them any day of the week. look at how much a z28 weighs, 3400 lbs. that's a 500 lbs difference at least! considering it only makes 230 hp factor in the old rule of thumb-10hp per 100 lbs and you can either say that maxima rates at 240 hp or that the z28 rates at 180(for this comparo only). this is in a 4th gen 190 hp max weighing 2895 lbs.

and 6 speed maxima's and 3.5 altima's are not runnin high 14's- low 15's more like mid-low 14's. There's a kid on forums.maxima.org runnin a 14.4 with just a CAI, and that's in an automatic. mustang GT's are said to be so much faster than our cars and look what ceaser did to that mustang...3 consecutive times. as far as i know he's all just bolt-ons and relatively minor ones at that. Don't sleep on the maxima's. it's got a de-tuned 350z engine and 350's run high 13's.
BP2K2Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 02:05 PM   #29
FormulaLT1
Fight the powwa!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cars I RAPED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP2K2Max
It was a late 80's early 90's camaro. it may have been an Iroc with Z badges but it most certainly wasn't a 3800 6 cylinder,

considering it only makes 230 hp factor in the old rule of thumb-10hp per 100 lbs and you can either say that maxima rates at 240 hp or that the z28 rates at 180(for this comparo only). this is in a 4th gen 190 hp max weighing 2895 lbs.

it's got a de-tuned 350z engine and 350's run high 13's.
1. You made a Remark to his beating a 1999 LS1 Z28's with a proven by dyno's underated engine producing 340 + Horsepower as being completely believable because once you stayed side by side with a 1985 -1992 Iroc or Z28, which by the way yes its totally possible that a car from those years did stay side by side with you but even those years would have killed you off the line.That would be like me saying I beat a 89 Maxima once in my Z3 (my other car) so its totally possible some guy who is lieing killed a 2003 Maxima with same car as me.

2. Using your table as a reference if I build a 1000 Lb Car with 10 Horsepower I can race people with 210 Horsepower and 3000 LB car's. I ve seen this table before but's its unrealistic also anyone who know's anything about cars here will back me up on this Horsepower is a figure based on torque and rpm's (a dyno doesn't actually even measure horsepower it measure's torque) and while you may have a very impressive peak horsepower figure . sports cars like the 350Z , Vette's , Mustang's . Have a wider powerband which means they have more low end torque to get the jump off the line and create a massive jump upto 5500 -6000 rpm's usually.

3. 350z's is not just a engine its a different drivetrain, suspension, it has different tires, they are more aerodynamic. Its like in 92 - 96 Vettes they used the LT1 engine making 300 Horsepower and the Impala's got a detuned version of the same engine. Now everyone answer all at once here are the the stock Impala's making passes down the quarter mile at within a second of 13.7 - 13.9 ? NO

4. 350Z cool sport's car would totally race one but I have yet to see anyone publish data showing 2003 Maxima run mid 14's , Every where I look , Like road & track , motortrend and car & driver said that they did between high 14's to low 15's.
I'm not putting then down I'm just saying they are not sports car's and shouldn't be compared to them.

Old 03-16-2004, 02:19 PM   #30
joeB
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cars I RAPED!!!

Quote:
I read the posts, but you did quote BP2k. While your bringing up
numbers, I also have a 98 Maxima with a auto. I raced two Cadillac
Sevilles with my Maxima. The numbers for the Northstars were from
0 to 60 in 6.5 to 6.7 I have read in magazines. Numbers for 95 to
99 Maximas with autos are from 0 to 60 7.3 to 8.0. I have raced two
Northstar Sevilles, and beat them both times 0 to 100 with my auto
Maxima by a car lenth.

I know the LS1 engine was put into the Z-28 in 98, and that just about
every magazine said it to be faster than the LT1 engine. Six speeds
getting 0 to 60 in 5.2 or so. ( C&D ). But in 93 C&D also got a LT1
6 speed Z-28 to 0 to 60 in 5.1 or 5.2. I do agree that they are fast
cars, that they have more top speed than a 95 Maxima, but I wasnt
comparing top speed, only what I did when I raced my Maxima with the
Trans AM. The guy who said he beat a Z-28, I dunno if he did or not,
but he could of easily beat older Mustangs with his Maxima. I whipped
on GT's every race with my 96 5 speed Maxima easily..

BTW, your said Lt1's are running high 13's to low 14's. 02 - 03 Maximas
and Altimas with 5 and six speeds are running 14.0 14.2 s stock.
joeB is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35