Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Remote Control Cars
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Remote Control Cars Questions, comments or discussions on the wonderful little vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 09:59 PM   #16
pitbull287
AF Newbie

Re: What's tha best car

Well i learn really fast andi want to stat out big well not big but something that i can make fast
pitbull287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 02:35 AM   #17
shi shi bog
Banned

dude id have to say gas because i own one to me theyre just alot more fun and they are very fast. if u love ur hobbies u car always get a two speed yransmission and make ur car go faster sure its alot harder to maintain but it gets easier later. so i say stick with nitro ask how much AnArK1 how much he got his car for he said its really fast.
shi shi bog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 02:40 AM   #18
shi shi bog
Banned

oh yeah i for got mension that with nitro cars you have to spend alot of money because gears, tires, spark plugs and petrol can get watsed easily if u don't maintain ur car the right way

lus u can upgrade ur engine i just did and plus i also bought a 2 speed and it just went flying down the street
Old 09-14-2004, 05:06 AM   #19
Entity_101
AF Enthusiast

I have had alot of experience in nitro's for the last few years, i got into nitro mainly because i liked the idea of an ic engine, i was also inexperienced then and thought they were fantastically superior, but now i have started moving back to electric, contrary to what i thought electrics arent that long to recharge and the only electrics i had ever dealt with are those 'tandy' typre rc cars that charge for 12 hours just for a 7 minuite run. plus the maintainance thing is a big hassle, constantly haing to clean and keep the engine tuned properly was a realy beyotch, id say go electric.

oh and i finally saw that 3 speed on road truck at my local hobby store with a demo in the back street, wow does that thing go :O
Old 09-14-2004, 07:51 PM   #20
shi shi bog
Banned

hey u siad u raced quads were they yours?

if they were you would have to clean them and maintain them so u shouldnt have any problems with nitro
Old 09-15-2004, 05:02 AM   #21
pitbull287
AF Newbie

Yea it was mostly air filter, tire presure, carburator.
We got a r/c shop down here and they have one for sale it look like a race car camaro and i would like to have that and fix it up i have a problem with fixing thing up to go faster my truck my quads and anything else with a motor my truck has a chip and nitrous and after market head and headers with a lot more stuff. Yea i know nitro has problems to cause i will watch those buggys at the track down here and they are constantly stoping and tuning but i would rather tune and put gas in it than have to charge and charge and play for like 10 mins. and i will prob have it fixed up and have like 20 bodies for it lol reason why i want one is because its like a model car u got to build it but when u build this one it goes lol and u can put bodies on it and paint them and i think that would be really cool
Old 09-17-2004, 02:51 AM   #22
shi shi bog
Banned

hey man u've had experience with engines and stuff just get a nitro just get something that fits ur budget and something u like. remeber wen buying dun worry about the shell worry about the engine and chassis. oh wen buying if u want try to look for something with the whole package i.e starter battery filler bottle and remote or if u have money buy an expensive car and buy the other stuff seperate.

have u had any experience driving a r/c car it can be hard to control for a beginer plus read the mannuals before starting. get a remote u feel comfortable with i use a normal stick one to me the pistols are alittle bit difficult.

anyway good luck with ur choice
Old 09-18-2004, 04:14 AM   #23
pitbull287
AF Newbie

Hey, what would be a good package can yall send me to a web site?
Old 10-27-2004, 12:12 AM   #24
nitrors4
AF Newbie

well as the sticky about drifting was posted, well as other people said nitros arent that good for drifting, but i would say that the Nitro RS4 type ss is a good option, plus it says in the drifting thread that from HPI's nitros, the type ss is the one for drifting, just get 2 pairs of tyres, one customed for drifting and the other ones for normal racing or what ever u want to use it
nitrors4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 08:44 AM   #25
Psman32@af
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Psman32@af Send a message via Yahoo to Psman32@af

If you want to buy off a website, go to tower hobbies. they are pretty big and usually have some really nice prices, there are a few other options too. There isnt much difference between gas and electric in terms of speed. electric is just as fast as gas. The lap times that they turn at the track are almost identical as long as there are good drivers for both.

With a good battery pack and a good charger, the pack will only take about 25-30 min to charge and if you are using a stock motor geared right, you can run for about that long in a non racing situation. There are also many upgrades available for eletric r/c's as well to make them go faster.

Also, if you get more than one battery pack, you can have two charged, then as soon as one is done, take it, put the other pack in, and away you go. Your down time is as long as it takes for you to change the battery, and that doesnt take very long.
Old 10-27-2004, 04:40 PM   #26
HighOctaneNOSUser
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: What's tha best car

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTmike400
Why the hell does everyone want gas? I've owned them...woop-di-doo I pay an extra $200 to have a farting noise (that I can make myself), and hours of maintence.

10:1 this person is under the age of 16.
What you got against people under 16?

"This is a Renault Espace. Probably the best of the people carriers. Not that that's much to shout about. That's like saying, 'Ooh good, I've got syphilis, the BEST of the Sexually Transmitted Diseases!'" - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toksin
Remember, you're not a loser. You beat two hundred million other sperm to the egg.
HighOctaneNOSUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 05:59 PM   #27
raytracer2k2
AF Regular

If u got the cash for only one kit. I'd buy the best electric kit, xxx-s, it's more durable than a tc3 or yokomo kit. A tamiya 415 is 2nd choice. To make them drift just cut some pvc pipes or spraypaint caps and glue it on an old set of tires rather than buying the yokomo drift tires which are expensive.
If u want a nitro kit, you can't go wrong with a serpent 710. My second choice is a mugen mtx. These cars go past 70mph. Maintenance of nitro kits time consuming that's why I only have one nitro, an hpi rs4 ss on road touring and four electric kits in different classes, on road touring tbevo stock and tao4 modified, 1/12 minicooper, off road truck.

Check this out. Its got lots of tips for drift DIY

http://rcdrift.rs-scooby.com/rcdv3/tutorials.html
raytracer2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 08:20 PM   #28
Naseer23
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Naseer23

I'd say get the OFNA LD3 pro, its 2 speed, and it hits 50+ MPH and very durable.
Naseer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 04:01 AM   #29
Skribble.designs
AF Newbie

Tandy Electronics - Mitsubishi Spider with a little wheel for burnouts. Top speed 3km/h $70 Perfect Purchase.

Personally, I find the electrics much more enjoyable for everday stuff and just pulling them out for friends to muck around with. But there is a certain love in me for my petrol car. So many hours of effort makes driving it so much more worth it. I would say, go HPI if it's your first car. Good cars.

There is no hope
Skribble.designs is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Remote Control Cars