Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 08:36 AM   #1
augtenth
AF Newbie

Arrow Uneven Tire Wear

My car is lowered and I get uneven tire wear on the front tires. The inside edge wears faster than the outer edge.
How can I correct this?
augtenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 12:51 PM   #2
tran_nsx
AF Enthusiast

a camber kit will solve the prob
tran_nsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 08:23 PM   #3
S1 Type-R
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to S1 Type-R
Yeah a camber kit will correct the problem....I hear good things from the Skunk2 camber kit...

WWW.SQUADONE.NET

S1 Type-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 10:18 AM   #4
DCNo07
AF Regular

skunk2 camber kits are expensive, you can get ingalls camber kit for front and rear for about $150 i think..... dont drop alot of money on a nice looking camber kit it all does the same thing. lol my buddy has a 92 teg and he just used 2 3/16 washers to correct his camber. but i guess that only works in the rear.
DCNo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 12:06 PM   #5
90gs
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to 90gs
yea the rear control arm is different.

you can put washers under it to push it out and correct camber for like 30 cents for each side of the car lol.

like that ^^
90gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 02:26 AM   #6
tran_nsx
AF Enthusiast

i wouldn't reccomend adding washers to fix a camber problem, its cheap, and works for right now but i think u'll pay for it later on. one example was cutting stock springs or heating them to make them look lowered, eventually those springs will screw up ur suspension and u'll gonna wasting more money trying to fix that. but coming back to the camber kits, don't be cheap get good quality craftmanship it will definately be worth it, especially when u have to take it to get an alignment check.i don't even think a shop would even touch your car if they see washers, they'll probabaly turn u away and laugh at u after u leave.i heard of skunk2 but but after asking around which are the best i have to say ingalls, its also been used by a lot of professional racer too so i know i can get something i can depend on. the price varies from shop to shop but they aren't cheap just to let u know, its like 150+ for the front and like 80+ for the rear not including installation then the price of alignment to fix the camber. this might sound a lot but it will save u a grip of money over the long run, better then getting new tires every 6 months thats for sure.
tran_nsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 12:22 PM   #7
S1 Type-R
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to S1 Type-R
Quote:
Originally posted by tran_nsx
i wouldn't reccomend adding washers to fix a camber problem, its cheap, and works for right now but i think u'll pay for it later on. one example was cutting stock springs or heating them to make them look lowered, eventually those springs will screw up ur suspension and u'll gonna wasting more money trying to fix that. but coming back to the camber kits, don't be cheap get good quality craftmanship it will definately be worth it, especially when u have to take it to get an alignment check.i don't even think a shop would even touch your car if they see washers, they'll probabaly turn u away and laugh at u after u leave.i heard of skunk2 but but after asking around which are the best i have to say ingalls, its also been used by a lot of professional racer too so i know i can get something i can depend on. the price varies from shop to shop but they aren't cheap just to let u know, its like 150+ for the front and like 80+ for the rear not including installation then the price of alignment to fix the camber. this might sound a lot but it will save u a grip of money over the long run, better then getting new tires every 6 months thats for sure.
True that! you get what you pay for.

WWW.SQUADONE.NET

S1 Type-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 10:24 PM   #8
strangerover
AF Newbie

I used Ingalls on my 95 GS-R with a mild 1.25" drop. The stock rear upper control arms get replaced with threaded adjustable length ones. The front Ingalls camber kit replaces the stock upper control arm pivots with slotted adjustable length ones. Careful, though, there are different kinds depending on how many degrees of correction you need, so get the right one. They also come with either rubber or urethane bushings. I went with the rubber ones because I have had nothing but shitty experience with urethane bushings (noisey as f***k in short time). When you lower these cars, the toe angle of the wheels goes out, and that rips tires up, besides making the car feel squirmy. Get the Ingalls kit and get the best alignment you can. Make sure they adjust caster, camber, and toe. This takes some time so make sure they do it right. Oh, yeah, you need new tires. Once they wear unevenly like that, they're never the same.
strangerover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 06:55 PM   #9
raileb
AF Newbie

not to say ur all wrong about adding washers behind ur controle arms. but that is the cheepest way to do it and its not ever going to mess anything up in ur suspen. they wont hurt a thing trust me its just like adding shimmmmms into the front of an old car such as a 64 ford they add shimmms to correct camber.lol
raileb is offline   Reply With Quote